My 2007 versa has intermittent acceleration power loss from a complete stop

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
deluxe373m
Car: s007 nissan versa

My 2007 Nissan Versa is having intermittent acceleration stalls or loss of power. At a stop light when I step on the gas to accelerate the car only creeps forward and after about 4 of 5 seconds the power finally returns - a dangerous situation at an intersection.

The real aggravation is that because of the intermittent nature of the problem the dealership is stumped and cannot fix it for me.

Has this happened to anyone else? I could use some help if you have it.

Thanks

alonsorules8
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa Sl,HB

What model do you have is it an S or SL and which trans do you have?

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

deluxe373m wrote:My 2007 Nissan Versa is having intermittent acceleration stalls or loss of power. At a stop light when I step on the gas to accelerate the car only creeps forward and after about 4 of 5 seconds the power finally returns - a dangerous situation at an intersection.

The real aggravation is that because of the intermittent nature of the problem the dealership is stumped and cannot fix it for me.

Has this happened to anyone else? I could use some help if you have it.

Thanks
Try disconnecting the battery cable for 20 minutes then reconnecting it. This will reset the driver parameters of the ECU, which could have been messed up.

If that doesn't work, your likely culprits are the Throttle Position Sensor, the ECU, or the throttle servo (since this is a DBW system and there is no throttle cable).

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Fuel pump is a slight possibility as well.

Andrews Chalmers
Car: Versa '07 SL CVT

biggie wrote:Fuel pump is a slight possibility as well.
Has there been reported problems of the fuel pump after the engine has been started?

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Andrews Chalmers wrote:
Has there been reported problems of the fuel pump after the engine has been started?
Not that I know of, but if its a problem before start it could be a problem on accelerating from idle. Have had friend's cars be that way when the fuel pump was starving the engine, would be ok as long as you didn't floor it or go above a certain rpm.

Just a possibility.

Jemdawg
Car: Super Black Nissan Versa 1.8SL Hatchback

I have the same exact problem, there must be a faulty part somewhere.

deluxe373m
Car: s007 nissan versa

Its a Versa 1.8 SL CVT

Jemdawg

Same car too. The battery reset did nothing, how can we get a concrete diagnosis?

hiimjered
Car: '08 SL CVT

Sounds like a bad problem. A couple of questions:

When you press the throttle, does the engine immediately rev up, but you creep forward, or does the engine wait to rev up.

If the engine revs, but the car doesn't move, it is likely a transmission/torque converter problem - may just need fluid.

If it doesn't rev, it is likely an air/fuel problem in the car. Definitely needs to be fixed, but could be a lot of things - bad fuel pump, clogged air filter, clogged/kinked fuel lines, bad coils/plugs/wires, bad ECU, plus a bunch of other possibilities.

Regardless this needs figured out and fixed. Good luck, and please keep us posted.

Jemdawg

Sometimes it revs up and creeps, but sometimes it doesnt really rev at all, especially in reverse.

Driving Instructor
Car: 2007 nissan versa SL CVT Red

I had it happen about 3 times. I brought it in and they said the computer loss connection with the gas peddle. They said they can't do much for now.

When it happens, I knock the shifter into neutral and turn off and restart the car. That cures the problem for a while.

I have not had any problems with this for quite a while.

Good luck! GP

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”