my 2000 Q45 too low??

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
MarshallQ45
Car: 2000 Q45 115k - with issues

Heard a terrible sound coming from the drivers side of my engine

Turns out.... according to the local shop I took it to... that the car is too low and the steering rack is binding internally and they recommend replacing the steering rack, the pump, and outer tie rod ends

the car has original struts with tein s techs but..... some dumbass told some other dumbass that if you cut 1 coil off the car it will give a nice 2.5in drop turns out its more like 3in

any suggestions as to what I should do would be very much appreciated. I am going to try to find a used good steering rack, pump, and tie rod ends from a pull a part. is anything from 97-01 going to work? or do I need 2000 specifically?

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

I would suggest getting a second opinion just to be sure before you spend money on the wrong thing. Not saying they are wrong, but if you put all your eggs in one basket and that basket has a hole in it, you're screwed. Make sure the rack is the problem.

Now with the lowering, there are many running that low and some lower. The difference is that the majority are running air or coilovers, so the difference in performance is huge.

Get a second opinion, fix whatever the problem is, ans at the same time, replace your suspension with whatever you want/have the money for.

MarshallQ45
Car: 2000 Q45 115k - with issues

ok, a second opinion never hurts and I only paid $28 for the last one. So are you saying with coilovers the car can be lower without any binding of the steering rack?

Return to “VIP Forum”