my 1jzgte s14 build

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
0range_Kouki24O
Car: s13 coupe and s14 sr20det w/2.3 stroker

I use to have an sr20 in the bay but i needed something new in my life. i was gonna do s15 sr20 but the motor was crazy expensive. Then i thought about doing RB25 but my boy Mike at E-Shift says to me "bro why run one little turbo when you can have two on a 1JZ" lol 280hp 315 torque vs 250hp 215 torque..for the same price id rather go with the 1jz. Its perfect for going slidewayz :D

ALL the work is done by me in my own driveway but E-Shift is gonna be wiring up all my electronic accesories in the car..this car hasnt moved since January 3rd. I was savin up the money to do a single turbo, built head, and Haltech Standalone but i got fired back in march so plans have changed lol. Thats why my project is going so slow. im gonna be running stock turbos and the stock downpipe with a custom 2.5 inch exhaust for now til i find a job :*[...

taken a long a** time ago with my sr20

this was taken after the sr20 was pulled out ...MAD UGLY

primer

paint

now it looks nice :D

my girlfriend helping me adjust my suspension

my boy brandon snappin a pic with my motor the day i bought it

and this is what ive done so far to the motor :D

0range_Kouki24O

UPDATES

so reason this project is taking alot longer than i thought is because i stripped the crank bolt. fianlly got it out on friday night with the help of two of my friends and my neighbor. The crank bolt is a 22mm but we just took a 12pt. 21mm socket and beat it into the bolt. it took three of us to keep the motor in place while the other jumped on the breaker bar to break the crank bolt loose. Well sure enough it did so now my project can move on lol it should be up and running by the end of this week or in the middle of the following week

heres what i did yesterday morning. i replaced the front main seal and water pump. I guess im taking my time since im waiting for a couple things to come in the mail so no need to rush

Got the new front main seal in but i didnt really need to replace it since it wasnt leaking. The only thing that was leaking from my knowledge was the valve covers. Which was replaced after i polished them.

still need to do timing belt but just wanted to take a pic of a clean motor =D

need to lower it more

r34 gtr
Car: 98 Frontier XE 4x4
95.5 Audi URS6 Avant 5spd
03 BMW 330i ZHP 6spd
89 240sx base CA18DET

Looking good!

mexicanracer03
Car: 95 S15FRONTEND SR20DET and 97 2JZ GT4294/ 93 SC300 Black/ 95 SC300 Green

looks just like the thead on SupraForums but I see no hood ornament. LOL

0range_Kouki24O

you really want more pics of my girl lol

GoTRicEo0
Car: Slowest crap the earth have ever seen.

hooray for BPU 1jz :D

numbnuts240
Car: 1999 exploder 4-door 5-speed, 1974 fairlady z 250gt, 2011 ford focus, 2010 mazda3

motor looks good. where did you pick it up from?

0range_Kouki24O

numbnuts240 wrote:motor looks good. where did you pick it up from?

thanks dude i picked up the motor from jdm engine depot in kearny nj

turbodon
Car: 91 s13 240sx

how's the swap coming along? did you finish the wiring yet?

0range_Kouki24O

Forgot to update my build on here lol I got the car started up about 3 weeks ago. Its overheating due to bad headgasket maybe?? i dont know Either way its gonna get a fresh headgasket now and the head is gonna get get re-surfaced, pressure checked and valve seals replaced. It doesnt overheat right away. Only after being driven for 5 minutes. It will idle for a while but only after being driven it will overheat. I still need to replace the thermostat to see if thats the problem. Its been a while since i worked on the car because of the s***ty cold jersey weather. I gotta also wait til all the snow clears off since my car is burried. Heres pics and vids.

First attempt at starting it. Something wrong with the wiring harness so off to Dr Tweak to get it fixed

Second attempt..failed since injectors werent getting any pulse because of a ground wire came off. It started up on brake cleaner tho :D

Third time was a charm :D

All the red is temporary. Those are just things i had laying around.

f***ing guy blowing leaves in the middle of january..

shifted short because of the dude blowing leaves kept getting in my way....

SuicidnS13
Car: SC300 2jz, 93 Vert (RB), AcuraTL

So whats the full mods list? Also did you have to change out your waterpump?

0range_Kouki24O

SuicidnS13 wrote:So whats the full mods list? Also did you have to change out your waterpump?
Bone stock except front mount. Stock downpipe is open. The water pump needed to be changed to the 2jz USDM spec water pump since the JDM hydraulic system wouldnt work for my car.

Initial_R90
Car: 2003 Zo6 Corvette RIP BLOWN up on the dyno

2003 Evo VIII

nice build bro, Its the guy you got the Neo off of. was looking around said you have a 5 speed driveshaft ? still have this? let me know

1609-672-9660

thanksGary

0range_Kouki24O

Initial_R90 wrote:nice build bro, Its the guy you got the Neo off of. was looking around said you have a 5 speed driveshaft ? still have this? let me know

1609-672-9660

thanksGary
yea man i havent heard from you in mad long!! lol yea man i still got it ill give you a text sometime this week.

0range_Kouki24O

So the motor is back out and i didnt get a chance to clean up everything i wanted to clean up since i was in a hurry to get this thing started up. I cleaned up the intake manifold, intake pipes, and charge pipes that go on the stock twins. I also re-polished my valve covers because they looked like s*** after being neglected for four months. I want this ish to look clean :D I also been driving a SRT-4 for the past couple months since i needed a car to drive and i got it for a damn good deal :D. The head was sent to the machine shop. My machinist found that it was warped but its not as bad as it could be. Head was cut, re-surfaced, hot tanked, replaced valve seals and ported/polished. Headgasket is being replaced with a braand new one from Toyota as well as other gaskets since i got the whole kit. Radiator is being replaced with a new Koyo since my Koyo decided to start leaking. Tial blow off valve also being installed. ARP Studs are being put in and im all ready. Soon to come: Bee R rev limiter, Custom 3 inch exhaust by me and a 6 point roll cage possible done by me. Depending on my laziness lol.

EWW

After sanding for two hours

looks as if i bought it from the dealership lol

my DD :)

my baby :D

JonathanPrem
Car: 02 Nissan pathfinder 4WD SE

I got few questions for you. I'm planing on doing 1jz or 2jz in the near futures. Did you buy your motor mount set from tech2?. Was it easy as Sr20 swap.

turbo tim
Car: supra
2jz rx7

what was the problem with the wiring harness, I am doing a 2j swap on my 87fc rx7 and I am have the exact same problem no spark and no fuel.
tech 2 did my harness.

0range_Kouki24O wrote:Forgot to update my build on here lol I got the car started up about 3 weeks ago. Its overheating due to bad headgasket maybe?? i dont know Either way its gonna get a fresh headgasket now and the head is gonna get get re-surfaced, pressure checked and valve seals replaced. It doesnt overheat right away. Only after being driven for 5 minutes. It will idle for a while but only after being driven it will overheat. I still need to replace the thermostat to see if thats the problem. Its been a while since i worked on the car because of the s***ty cold jersey weather. I gotta also wait til all the snow clears off since my car is burried. Heres pics and vids.

First attempt at starting it. Something wrong with the wiring harness so off to Dr Tweak to get it fixed

Second attempt..failed since injectors werent getting any pulse because of a ground wire came off. It started up on brake cleaner tho :D

Third time was a charm :D

All the red is temporary. Those are just things i had laying around.

f***ing guy blowing leaves in the middle of january..

shifted short because of the dude blowing leaves kept getting in my way....

Return to “Hybrids”