My 1994 Infiniti J30

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
recch_ya
Car: 1994 J30

:wavey: Recently picked up a 94 J30 with 169k mi for a good price. Hoping to keep it as a solid daily driver with possible drift track time in its future. Pretty new to the Nissan/Infiniti world but I started a YouTube channel to document my progress with the car if anyone is interested. I look forward to learning a lot from this forum and the experience in general.

In my first month of ownership, I refreshed the brakes all the way around.
I plan to refresh the accessory belt/pulleys in the near future and I'm also planning to figure a way to to stiffen up the boaty suspension.
Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated :shifter:

fourdrinie
Car: 97 J30

You need to figure out if the timing belt was changed and how often...I believe the 94 was the non-kevlar belt and needed to be changed every 60K. The upgraded Kevlar belt is 105K
The failure of the timing belt is cause for engine disaster...bent valves, etc - bad news
Finding extra parts crucial too....MAF- keep it clean....
Premium 91 Octane only!!!!!
Suspension parts are OEM only..the boat feel was what Infiniti was going for....

recch_ya
Car: 1994 J30

fourdrinie wrote:You need to figure out if the timing belt was changed and how often...I believe the 94 was the non-kevlar belt and needed to be changed every 60K. The upgraded Kevlar belt is 105K
The failure of the timing belt is cause for engine disaster...bent valves, etc - bad news
Finding extra parts crucial too....MAF- keep it clean....
Premium 91 Octane only!!!!!
Suspension parts are OEM only..the boat feel was what Infiniti was going for....
Hey thanks for the reply. I was actually wondering about the timing belt situation. I might as well do it sometime soon rather than later. Any idea where I could get a kevlar belt? Is the dealer my best bet? Or is there a preferred parts site online?

fourdrinie
Car: 97 J30

I would get the dealer timing belt kit, that changes almost everything under there....water pump, tensioners, pulleys, etc...your best bet since you have it open....
try calling everything infiniti in scottsdale, az for best online prices...tell them youre a NICO member
877-399-8898...give them your VIN # for the right parts

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”