Must vent. So bummed. Need sympathy.

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Mockarena
Car: EX

My beloved Suki, the EX35 I got not even 8 weeks ago, has been scratched.

There's a big ole straight line scratch - about 4-5 inches long, on the front bumper. I could totally cry. It's a deep one too - nothing that clearcoat is going to self-repair.

Mr. Mock tells me someone probably walked by it with a laptop case or something. It's only got 2400 miles on it for crying out loud.

Sigh. It was so pristine, so perfect. And now it's not.

Anyway - just needed to vent.

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

So sorry to hear about your Suki being damaged. It's little consolation, but just remember that none of us are meant to enter this world, lead a happy, fruitful life and leave it with a perfect body.

On another note, glad to see you dropped in ... was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen the Mock Doc in a while!!

Cheers,David

Punjab
Car: EX35

i saw a dual paint pen on Ebay i wonder if that would help since you have separate clear coat on the back so you could use a bit of spot filler, paint it and hit it with the clear.

I feel for you i park far far away and still someone has to park next to you its annoying,

All i want for Christmas is a scratch and dent free car...

kamiguy
Car: 2008 EX Scarlet silver wheat interior.. all options

Awwwwwwww.. I feel for ya, Mock. I brought my EX home on a beautiful August day,about a 2 hour drive from the dealer on a windy, scenic country road. Halfway into the trip, feeling like a million dollars in my shiny, new ride I see a golf-ball sized rock hurtling toward my windshield courtesy of an approaching truck. POWWWWW!!! With a combined speed of about 100MPH I expected a lap full of glass and a rock in my noggin but all I was left with was a permanent mark resembling bug goo just above forehead level on the windshield. The glass shops couldn't remove the scar. I, too, park away from others, as another poster mentioned and it IS annoying to see others sucked up tight against you. But one time I returned to the car to see a classic red 68 Mustang parked next to me. I saw the driver approaching as I was admiring her car and she remarked.. "I knew I would be safe next to you. Nice car!" That's my story,and sorry to hear about Suki's booboo.

gloa2000
Car: 04 Maxima SL, 08 EX35 LuxNav

Sorry to hear your Suki being scratched, but since it already happened, lets not make us in the sad mood. Go get a perfect match touchup paint from local Infiniti dealer, do NOT use the brush they provide, use toothpick.(in my case, toothpick looks like its the best tool for it.) Fill the skretch very carefully, apply thin layers couple times(3 layers will be perfect), and wait until the clear coat covers it with the Auto Repair Feature. I fixed my scratch this way and its hardly noticeable after 2 months.

GOODLUCK!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”