Music Box...recording "burned" CD's...you might be surprised...

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
waltaz

I've been recording a bunch of "factory" CD's to the Music Box...no problem. I hadn't even put in a "burned" CD to play, let alone expect to record one, understanding that the Music Box won't recognize/record them.

So this past weekend, I'm driving my teenage daughter somewhere, and she pops in one of her "burned" CD's. No problem, I'll listen to it...then I notice the "REC CD" message up on the display. Hmm...does that mean it's actually recording it...?

Sure enough, once the REC CD went away, there were all the songs from that CD in the Music Box...just like a "factory" CD, albeit without the Gracenote tags...

I thought that this wasn't possible, and have read a number of posts from people that can't record "burned" CD's. Have I mis-read, are people in fact having success recording "burned" CD's...?

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

There's no problem getting tracks from "burned" CDs onto the hard drive. The issue is getting the track information (title, artist, etc) associated. Because it uses Gracenote to do this, you can ONLY achieve this easily for commerical CDs. Otherwise, it has to be done manually according p4-61 & 62 of the manual.

HTH,David

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

you can rip burned CDs all day long. You just can't take a CD of WMAs or MP3s and rip those to the music box.

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

One thing to add to my previous post ...

If you burn CDs using a program (like Nero) that supports "CD TEXT", you can embed title/track info on the audio CD and the EX will pick it up. You need to configure "Title Text Priority" to CD TEXT instead of CDDB (see top of middle column on p4-63 of the manual).

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”