Music Box Problem

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
KJ911TT
Car: 2004 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet
2008 Infiniti EX35

I noticed that when I rip a CD to the Music Box that was originally a non-stop continuous mix that the ripped version adds a split-second gap between each track which really distrups the flow of the music.

Is there any way around that?

Thanks,KJ

KJ911TT
2008 Infiniti EX35

Does anyone else have this problem?

- KJ

bucca1

The only thing I noticed regarding this issue is when I play a live album.

KJ911TT
2008 Infiniti EX35

bucca1 wrote:The only thing I noticed regarding this issue is when I play a live album.
So you have the same problem as me.

I haven't tested, but does it also do this when you're playing from the CD player? Or ONLY from the Music Box after the CD was ripped to the harddrive?

Thanks,KJ

EX35_bernard
Car: White on Graphite Tech AWD EX35

Yeah I can see this happenning to a live album. I had a discman (a long time ago! lol) And when you play a live album there's a split second cut between songs because the cd manufacturers actually have to label each song so there's always the split second gap to pull up the next song.

I can see this being more pronounced on a mix record. Even if its a mix of various songs if the manufacturer labels or numbers each song then it will have the gap between songs.

One idea is to take the cd rip it to your computer and if you have an audio editor (even a simple one will do. try downloads.com) paste all the songs together and record into a single track/single label.

KJ911TT
2008 Infiniti EX35

EX35_bernard wrote:Yeah I can see this happenning to a live album. I had a discman (a long time ago! lol) And when you play a live album there's a split second cut between songs because the cd manufacturers actually have to label each song so there's always the split second gap to pull up the next song.

I can see this being more pronounced on a mix record. Even if its a mix of various songs if the manufacturer labels or numbers each song then it will have the gap between songs.

One idea is to take the cd rip it to your computer and if you have an audio editor (even a simple one will do. try downloads.com) paste all the songs together and record into a single track/single label.
Usually I take live DJ sets that are 1 large 80-minute .mp3 file and then I divide it into seperate tracks to make going from track to track easy.

I don't want to undo all my hard work! LOL

Anyway, I guess I'll just have to keep those CD's in the car and play them in the SINGLE CD player.

It's too bad getting the NAVI package causes you to lose the 6CD in-dash changer, otherwise I could have the best of both worlds.

- KJ

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

supposedly next year you can get the EX with NAV and a changer. I say skip the changer and just give us a USB port that will take any DAP a la Microsoft SYNC.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”