Murano vs Outback vs Pathfinder?

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
oldguy00

Hi all, brand new to the forum. I'm in the market for a new car, just coming off a CRV lease. My cars previous to the CRV were a Ford Edge, and before that a Grand Cherokee ltd.
Wasn't really happy with the CRV, a bit on the small side, small uncomfy seats, etc.
I'll never haul anything, but we do take road trips, two adults and two toddlers. I'm also fine with using a cargo box on top if necessary.
Nissan wasn't really on my radar at all, no experience with them, but saw the new Murano at the dealer and had to drive it. I have to say, really nice car. Not huge, but -very- comfortable seats and ride.
Once I was there, I also tried a pathfinder since the price points aren't too much different. Definetily felt bigger, more cargo room, but the ride wasn't nearly as nice as the Murano, seats were not nearly as comfortable.
The other car I drove recently was the Subaru Outback. I do a lot of triathlons/Ironman, and Subaru is a big sponsor, so I'm used to seeing their cars on display. The Outback seems very nice, slightly cheaper than the Murano, but not as....plush...not as comfortable.

Was just wondering what others thoughts were on these three? The outback has a great reputation in terms of reliability and longevity. I'm honestly not that familiar with Nissan in that regard.

Thanks for any thoughts!!
Cheers

JohnD
Car: EX35, Murano

I think you have pretty well summed it up. The Murano is the luxury car of the three. The Pathfinder is the soccer mom car of the three. The Outlander is a bit more athletic, but not nearly as luxurious as the Murano.

We have just bought our third Murano, trading in a 2010 with 160,000 trouble-free kilometres. We found the 2010 Murano to be a great car for road trips and were completely happy with it. Our first impression (after two days of ownership) is that the 2015 is better in every way.

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

I've had two...an '07 and our current '12 model. Great ride, roomy interior, and good performance...very little not to like.

The Pathfinder is definitely bigger so you have to decide if you need the bigger vehicle and the MPG tradeoff. The Outback is really more of a car than either.....lower stance, etc - more of a traditional station wagon, so with that, it's a styling choice. Subarus are notorious for head gasket failures, but that's on older cars....you probably wouldn't go wrong with any of the three there.

Return to “Murano Forum”