Murano trailer hitch install

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
aeromatic
Car: Nissan Murano

I'm interested in installing a drop hitch on my Murano to haul motorcycles. I've priced the hitches and called Nissan to confer with them on the install. They told me that I would need to purchase a re-enforcement bar for the backend if I wanted to install one. Has anyone installed their own hitch and bypassed the dealership's costly install? I was alos told I would have to remove the rear bumber in order to install the hitch. Does anyone have directions on how to install a hitch? Help would be greatly appreciated!

MadMexican
Car: 2005 Nissan Murano

I had a similiar problem. I found someone that would install the hitch and electrical harness for 350. But, when the company called the dealer to get the electrical harness, he was told that the dealer would not sell him the harness unless I brought the vehicle in to make sure that the re-enforcement bar had been installed. Since I was buying a pop-up tent, the trailer dealer ate some of the cost and I had Nissan install it but the price for dealer to do it is absolutely absurd.. Sorry, I could not be more help. Have you tried somebody like U-haul or a custom hitch place. They will be way cheaper than the dealer if they can get their hands on the harness.

aeromatic
Car: Nissan Murano

No I haven't looked into anyone else doing it! I use to install hitches and 5th wheels myself so its hard to pay someone else!

GixxerSteve
Car: 2004 Infiniti FX35, 2003 Infiniti G35

Check here for info about other FXers who have installed trailer hitches. A lot of this info would probably apply to Muranos....after all, aren't they the same thing.

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpB...?f=10

Return to “Murano Forum”