murano reliability

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
getnrowdy23
Car: '95 sr20det 240sx se/2004 suzuki sv650s

is there any problem with the muranos reliabililty? i am looking into getting an 05 from the dealer. someone (who knows their stuff) told me that there were some reliability issues with it. do you guys know of any?

NISTECH

not really the 04 had some quirks but the 05 is pretty sound. It is one of the more reliable nissans right now as it comes from the japan plant rather then the us plants. As compared to the nissans produced in the US the japan made ones tend to be more sound over all.

Bennifer
Car: murano

I have a 2004 murano SE and with less than 5000 kms on it, I have already encountered many problems: -Memory seat function won't work because there were missing parts-engine somtime won't start, cause the fuel pressure too low-noise from the driver side, cause the plastic lining deteriorated-button on the wheel (for switching tracks) won't work, and has to change the whole wheel, because they can't fix it with out move the air bag-AC, is not cold enough even though the dealership fill more freon gas, after a couple days it is back to the same.-display screen went crazy sometimeNOW, i m still waiting for the New wheel

problem with the service*-they don't believe me, untill i show them the problem, some problem has been fix it self ( which it didn't happen again, such as the display screen problem) some problem get worst, as the button problem, at the first couple days it only happen once a while, i bring it to them, but it seems okay in front of them, so they told me unless the whole thing is broken, or else they don't know what happen.*-memory seat problem has take me 4 trip to the dealership, 1st time- can't be fix, has to order a new part2nd time- they order the wrong parts3rd time- they got the right parts, but it was for the passenger side4th time- finally done

They are building me a new car

Bennifer

and my Murano is from Japan not USthere is some document from Japan Nissan and the custom

NISTECH

yes all of them are built in japan. The biggest problem we have in service , From a technician stand point is improper documentation by the service advisor. They tend to short cut the concern or not even come close in their description of the problem as your decription is much different. If they actually wrote down what you said to them on the RO chances are you wouldnt have to come show them. One thing you can do when you come in for a repair is ask the advisor to see the copy of the RO the tech is going to get, Review what is written on that copy ,if it does not accuratly desribe your problem so that some one who has no idea what to listen for , then have the advisor correct it so the tech wil fully understand what and when or where the problem occurs, the more detail the better.

And all muranos are made in japan for now.

Bennifer

Well, Thank you very much for your concern.but the problem is I did everything you just told me,but the thing still went wrong.I even print out a paper for them to make sure i didn't miss a world, and stand beside the advisor to make sure he type everything right into his computerwell, what can i do?

NISTECH

I see your in canada? I dont know the buy back policies up there but if you have them that is an option.

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

CAMVAMP deals with buy back and "lemon" policies for Canadians through Transport Canada. Its a lengthy process.

Yor not the first one to complain about the Murano/FX. I have a coleague with a Murano, who's already had a transmission failure and another with an FX that has the fuel pressure problem. Both cars are new with hardly any mileage.

NISTECH

Just a note here The murano and FX's are completely different vehicles, the Murano is a CVT trans front wheel drive vehicle and the FX is an AT rear wheel drive vehicle. The platfroms are slightly different too.

kouki-gymkhana
Car: 1993 240sx (only 90,000 mi!)

I have an 03 that I purchased in Jaunary of 2003 with 42000 miles on it so far I have loved the car and all the problems that others have reported I have not encountered. The car is now disabled because of an alternator failure. The battery and brake lights come on and then as the battery is depleted the car will only run at idle speed and there is no reponse to the accelerator pedal. When you stop the car and put the gear selector in park the engine will however rev up. Putting the car in drive and then pressing the accelerator results in just idle speed no increase in RPM. It was frightening as I was crossing amajor intersection when this happened.

I checked the forums and saw where people had three alternators replaced in the first 2000 miles of driving so I called Nissan to complain that this is a premature failure and that they should replace the part under warranty as this is a manufacturing defect. The response was negative as all I kept hearing was I am over the warranty mileage. I did promise to braodcast the reaction and let the public be aware of this problem. I have four Nissans/Infinitis in my immediate family and cousins that own other Nissans. It is the first time that I have encountered a problem like this.

The replacement is not available locally anywhere and the dealer wants $507 plus tax to replace the alternator.

Needless to say I have parked the car as I have fear in driving it even after the alternator is replaced as I think it is a safety issue when the alternator fails.

I have also been locked out twice at gas stations when I filled the tank. The dealer has refused to acknowledge the problem even though there ar a host of complaints about this problem.

This may be the straw that makes me go back to buying Toyotas or Lexus.Adios Nissan---- Customer Service is a Dis-service.

sad_ram
Car: Nissan Murano

Hi,I have a Murano SE AWD '04 and I've had the same problem as well. The brake light and the battery lit on my dashboard while I was going through a tunnel on a somewhat steep slope. The accelerator wouldn't respond either. Luckily my speed was enough to drag me out of the tunnel, have to say it was a scarry moment. I only had around 12000 miles at the time.

It turned out that the alternator diodes died or something, and Nissan asked slightly above 1000$ for a new alternator without including the labor cost. I had a car electrician replace the diodes for 70$, but I had the same problem 2 days later. So he finally got me a used alternator for 240$ and deducted the labor work since he had made me pay 70$ the first time.

It seems to be working well for now, I just hope there's no manufacturer malfunction in the alternator, haven't heard any murano owner have that same problem. But the way I see it, I could keep on changing alternators 4 times before getting a new part from Nissan!

NISTECH

I have to wonder if you had the altenator recall done. IF you give me your vin number I can run it in nissans DCS to see if it has been done if you like.

Gato

I just got a Murano 2004 and took it to the dealer right away. They applied the recalls which included an alternator change. fyi

Return to “Murano Forum”