Murano Price Paid / Lease Rate Thread

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

I believe it would be helpful to potential Murano owners to have an idea of what people are paying for their new Muranos. This will give everyone an idea of what to shoot for at the dealer when negotiating the best deal.

Please list out the following for everyone:

- Murano model puchased- Vehicle Options- Total MSRP- Purchase price paid or lease rate negotiated (before tax, etc)- lease amount due at signing (if lease)- contracted miles per year (if lease)- term of the lease (if lease)- any additionals the dealer threw in for you

Everyone's participation is greatly appreciated! This should be very helpful and informative to anyone that is in the market for a new Murano.

Timmbo

Of course it will be fitting for me to get things started. So here is the deal I worked out my new Murano.

2009 Murano LE

- Nav w/Music Box- Dual Panel Moonroof- Splash Guards- Floor Mats

MSRP: $39,920My Price: $35,400

I think it is a pretty darn good deal, I was not able to work out anything better with any other dealers, so it will be interesting to see what everyone else was worked out.

MASTER178
Car: 2007 Nissan Murano SE

I think its too late for a 2007 Murano pricing but I just bought ONE OF THE LAST '07 SE in western Canada fully loaded. MSRP is $51,000 CAN + taxes and I just paid $35,000 taxes all in!

options include:all season floor matswindow vent visorscargo liner10 free all changes!

I still prefer the 1st Gens to the 2nd Gens Murano...specially the Manual mode.

Timmbo

It is never too late to get the '07 prices! There are still plenty of them on dealer's lots, thank you for your input!

rascalmurano
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano LE

- Murano model puchased: 2009 LE AWD Brilliant Silver Exterior/Black Leather Interior

- Vehicle Options: 3 pc floor mats, splash guards, dual moon roof, and roof rail crossbars

- Total MSRP: $38,260

- Purchase price paid before tax, title & license: $34,012

Purchased from a dealer in West Allis, Wisconsin.

Negotiations were done strictly via email, salesman told me I now hold the record for back and forth emails at 50 exchanges...

How did I fair with others in terms of pricing?

Nice forums - keep it up!

Timmbo

hey rascalmurano,

That sound a lot like the deal I got (an excellent deal). By the way, I would like to personally welcome you to NICOclub, and more specifically, the Murano forum! We are glad to have you here.

I am up in Green Bay, I actually did the same type of negotiating via e-mails, I ended up purchasing from a dealer in Gurnee, IL. Congrats on the new ride, I really hope you enjoy it. We just picked ours up last Wednesday, and love it so far, the only thing I am displeased with is the lack of the Song Title and Artist info on the default SAT Radio screen.

rascalmurano

Timmbo wrote: hey rascalmurano,

That sound a lot like the deal I got (an excellent deal). By the way, I would like to personally welcome you to NICOclub, and more specifically, the Murano forum! We are glad to have you here.

I am up in Green Bay, I actually did the same type of negotiating via e-mails, I ended up purchasing from a dealer in Gurnee, IL. Congrats on the new ride, I really hope you enjoy it. We just picked ours up last Wednesday, and love it so far, the only thing I am displeased with is the lack of the Song Title and Artist info on the default SAT Radio screen.
Timmbo,

I just checked out the SAT radio screen you were referring to. Unfortunately yes I can only view song and artist info by pressing another button - minor annoyance as SAT is not used very much.

Bunshaw
Car: '09 Nissan Murano SL FWD

Hi all,

New to the forums and this is my first post but I figured I would list the deal on the brand new '09 Murano SL I just purchased on Saturday (6/28/08). It's pretty loaded, although not LE loaded with black on black leather, HID's, dual panel moonroof, Nav system, intelligent key, power liftgate, etc. I still cannot believe how many features are on this vehicle and I did not get the highest trim level. It's as though I purchased a near-lux CUV. The ~ means approximate because I'm quoting all this from memory.

- 2009 Murano SL FWD- Technology, Premium, Leather packages + NAVI, moonroof- ~$36k USD- ~$475/month before taxes- $3k due at lease signing- 12k miles per year- 39 month lease- The dealer threw in the Nav because during negotiations I wanted a $500 even payment AFTER taxes and he came back with $503/mo. I told him I would give him those 3 dollars if he would give me the model with the Nav system (I was eyeing it anyway but just didn't want to pay for it) and...he agreed.

Timmbo

Nice negotiating Bunshaw! By the way.......Welcome to NICOclub! We are glad to have you here as a part of the Murano forum!

rascalmurano

Before I actually bought my LE (5th post down), I was looking at the SL AWD. I thought I would share the price with you that I got it down to had I decided to purchase:

2009 Nissan Murano SL AWD, floor mats, leather package, premium package, tech package, and splash guards.

$30,350.00 (before tax, title, license and $99 service fee.)

Could have even taken another $500 off had I bought it during their Memorial Day weekend sale.

I hope this information helps others bargain. I emailed and negotiated with about 6 dealerships. Within my area, my experiences showed Wisconsin dealers gave better prices than Illinois.

Bunshaw

Gross cap cost was $33,880 before any taxes, title, or fee's which I paid out of pocket anyway.

Seems negotiating via email is the way to go. Sure would have made it easier to compare the deals vs going to the showroom.

Wow, that would have been a really nice deal rascal on the SL, not that your deal on the LE is bad at all. Now that I have the agreement in front of me and comparing numbers with you guys I'm much less impressed with the deal I got. I should have stayed at the negotiating table a bit longer. I would imagine my deal is probably average and w/o that Nav addition my deal would have been pretty poor I think.

Did you guys offer anything as a downpayment?

rascalmurano

Bunshaw,

Didn't mean to rain down with my numbers - sorry

You got a great deal! Many people don't even think to negotiate the sticker & invoice price or are too frighten to. I took the variables of wasting gas for dealer visits, time waiting in the showroom and headaches of face to face back and forth exchanges out of the equation by going for strictly email negotiations. This method was particularly helpful because I had already known that I wanted a Murano in the beginning.

Even then I spent plenty of time going back and forth with these dealerships and I used every trick I could think of to get it down. I even accessed the public records of the salesman and found the Myspace page of the new car manager (who I found out graduated a year after me and even his older sister did have a crush on me in middle school, lol ). I purchased the consumerreports.org report for bottom line pricing, went to edmunds.com and read everything I could, also went to this site for major inspiration http://www.carbuyingtips.com/cardeals/nissan.htm (loads of info!)

I decided against the NAV system because I already had a portable Magellan GPS system.

I originally wanted to pay for the vehicle out right, but my frugal spouse didn't so I ended up putting $23k down and secured my own financing outside of the dealership.

I bet there are people out there who even got a better deal than us? Let's hear from you so that potential Murano buyers can benefit.

Modified by rascalmurano at 10:54 AM 7/1/2008
Modified by rascalmurano at 11:00 AM 7/1/2008

Bunshaw

Thanks rascal. I didn't realize there were so many resources available. I've been to edmunds.com and the like but that carbuyingtips.com site is incredible. I bookmarked it since I'm sure I'll need it in 39 months.

I think we have another opportunity here to help potential fellow Murano buyers out. And rascal, I would never ask this of another member, but Timmbo, as moderator, maybe you can fulfill the request as an example to the community. I think it would be nice if someone could take their "paper trail" so to speak of emails back and forth to the dealer (ALL personal info removed of course) and post it up for those that are afraid or need help negotiating. I'm not afraid to negotiate but seems I could use a bit of help myself. I would imagine we mostly need to see the numbers and overall generic negotiation (crushes are a specific case ). Good idea? Bad idea? Just throwing it out there.

I think the biggest mistake I made was not lowballing enough and negotiating on payment rather than total cost. In reality, I wanted a $500 payment and that's pretty much exactly what the dealer gave me. Although I will add that if I had NOT negotiated I would have been looking at a $549 payment for the Nav model BEFORE taxes. Ouch.

Timmbo

Bunshaw wrote:Thanks rascal. I didn't realize there were so many resources available. I've been to edmunds.com and the like but that carbuyingtips.com site is incredible. I bookmarked it since I'm sure I'll need it in 39 months.

I think we have another opportunity here to help potential fellow Murano buyers out. And rascal, I would never ask this of another member, but Timmbo, as moderator, maybe you can fulfill the request as an example to the community. I think it would be nice if someone could take their "paper trail" so to speak of emails back and forth to the dealer (ALL personal info removed of course) and post it up for those that are afraid or need help negotiating. I'm not afraid to negotiate but seems I could use a bit of help myself. I would imagine we mostly need to see the numbers and overall generic negotiation (crushes are a specific case ). Good idea? Bad idea? Just throwing it out there.

I think the biggest mistake I made was not lowballing enough and negotiating on payment rather than total cost. In reality, I wanted a $500 payment and that's pretty much exactly what the dealer gave me. Although I will add that if I had NOT negotiated I would have been looking at a $549 payment for the Nav model BEFORE taxes. Ouch.
To be quite honest, my trail of e-mails is very basic. I originally contacted many Nissan dealers (through Nissan's website) within about 3 hours of me. I was extremely specific as to what I was going to purchase, and asked for a price. The ones that had the lowest prices, I e-mailed back again. I kept doing this until I could not get the dealers to go any lower in price. It was quite simple, and really didn't take a lot of time. I had already test drove an '09 Murano at a local dealer, so my only other trip to the dealer was to complete the purchase and drive home!

robbmorgan
Car: 2006 Nissan Murano

Bunshaw:

Would you be so kind as to post what the MSRP, Residual, and Money Factor was on your 2009 SL lease? I want to run it through a calculator that I found online http://www.theautoleasecalculator.com.

Thanks.

Bunshaw

robbmorgan,

I'll post what I can from the contract. I don't think it includes money factor though.

cruiser007x
Car: 2009 Murano LE

I bought the LE. The MSRP was $40,110. I bought it for $36,000

I live in central ohio.

yokitai
Car: 1999 Olds Cutlass

I haven't bought my Murano yet, but here's the pricing I got:2009 Murano SL FWDNavTech PackagePremium PackageDual Panel MoonroofFloor MatsMSRP: 36,840My price about 33,000 (haven't received the exact number yet)I think they can give me a better price, but they include a lifetime powertrain warranty. Anyone else find a dealer that offers this.

I do get the Nissan VPP discount so I think that price is still a little high.Please let me know what you guys think. I'm not the best at negotiating, so I'm getting a little frustrated but don't want to spend too much, especially since tax is 9.75% in TN.
Modified by yokitai at 11:38 AM 8/16/2008

riderman
Car: 97 Q45 2009 Murano SL

A 2009 Murano SL 2WD Merlot color. Sticker 32,010.00 Premium pkg Leather Floor Mats Splash Guards 29,194.80 was the sold price of car. Virginia Tax, titling tax, and Licence fees 992.98 Total 30,187.78 Rebate -500 Total price out the door was 29,687.78 This is what I paid the dealer via a check. No other fees were charged.

Timmbo

riderman wrote:A 2009 Murano SL 2WD Merlot color. Sticker 32,010.00 Premium pkg Leather Floor Mats Splash Guards 29,194.80 was the sold price of car. Virginia Tax, titling tax, and Licence fees 992.98 Total 30,187.78 Rebate -500 Total price out the door was 29,687.78 This is what I paid the dealer via a check. No other fees were charged.
Welcome to NICOclub! It is truly a pleasure having you a part of the Murano Forum! Thanks for your posting the deal you were able to get.

desertdiva
Car: 09 Murano

Hi all... Just bought a new 09 Murano this past weekend. SL, FWD with leather, NAV, tech pkg, premium pkg, dual moonroof, floor mats... Paid flat $33K without tax & license. No trade in...paying cash. Did the whole transaction via phone and email. Threw down the gauntlet to several Nissan dealers in my area and one dealer came back with best under invoice offer. Also, dealer gave me the option to name color choice for ext and int and he'd locate that vehicle with my options and deliver it to me. Got just what I wanted which was an LE without a couple of the LE features I didn't care about like 20 inch wheels and memory seats. Got Deep Sapphire with Beige Leather. Live in warm weather year round...we have a Yukon for mountain/snowy trips. Think I got a good deal...if I didn't go easy on me...don't burst my bubble completely Hope to get decent MPG. What are you all averaging for MPG?

desertdiva

Paid $33k this past weekend for 09 Murano with leather, NAV, tech pkg, premium pkg, dual moonroof, floor mats. Dealer even located my choice of color int/ext for that price and had it delivered. Stay with it....

Timmbo

desertdiva wrote:Hi all... Just bought a new 09 Murano this past weekend. SL, FWD with leather, NAV, tech pkg, premium pkg, dual moonroof, floor mats... Paid flat $33K without tax & license. No trade in...paying cash. Did the whole transaction via phone and email. Threw down the gauntlet to several Nissan dealers in my area and one dealer came back with best under invoice offer. Also, dealer gave me the option to name color choice for ext and int and he'd locate that vehicle with my options and deliver it to me. Got just what I wanted which was an LE without a couple of the LE features I didn't care about like 20 inch wheels and memory seats. Got Deep Sapphire with Beige Leather. Live in warm weather year round...we have a Yukon for mountain/snowy trips. Think I got a good deal...if I didn't go easy on me...don't burst my bubble completely Hope to get decent MPG. What are you all averaging for MPG?
Congrats on the new purchase! Welcome to NICOclub, glad to have you here as a part of the Murano forum! Sound like you got a great deal to me! My wife is the primary driver of our Murano, she is getting about 22-23 MPG and is mostly highway driving.

manuamit
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano SL AWD

Hi Fellow Nissan owners,I just bought Nissan Murano SL AWD last daturday 8/30/08 with below pkg's.

Technology pkg,Premium Pkg,Dual Moon roof,Leather pkg

It has pretty much everything available for SL AWD except Navigation.

I paid 32,800.00+ TTL(tax,title,license), which came out as 35,000.00 out of the door.

I signed for this forum today only and just wanted to know if I got a good deal.

Hoping to hear somethng soon.Thanks-Manu

desertdiva

Hi Manuamit...bought my SL on 8/15 with tech pkg, prem pkg, Navigation, leather, dual moonroof for $33K even w/out tax, license. With the exception of you not getting the Nav, we have pretty much the same deal.

Timmbo

Welcome manuamit & desertdiva!!!!! Glad to have you here in the Murano forum! Thanks to both of you for providing everyone with your purchase details! Sounds like you both got fantastic deals! Enjoy the rides, and enjoy NICOclub!!!!

KJSmitty
Car: 2009 LE

Hi all,First post - purchased my wifes 2009 Murano LE August 25th in Richardson, TX (Dallas).Sticker was: $37,000 (no nav/sunroof or rear TV)Paid: $33,900

Possibly could have done better yet this was the only white LE configured without nav/sunroof in a 100 mile radius of big D....

I installed a 10.2 inch Alpine drop down TV last Fri.

Wife loves it!

Smitty

manuamit

Hi desertdiva,Is your Murano AWD or FWD ??? Just checking.

ThanksManu

Modified by manuamit at 2:25 PM 9/3/2008
Modified by manuamit at 2:29 PM 9/3/2008

desertdiva

FWD -- for the better gas mileage.

manuamit

Thanks Desertdiva.. I guess we both got almost similar deal.. Mine is AWD .. so Nav cost got compensated by AWD cost. so finally both of us got fantastic deals.. yohoooo

Congratulations... and thanks for sharing.
Modified by manuamit at 2:54 PM 9/3/2008

Return to “Murano Forum”