Murano Price Paid / Lease Rate Thread

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
dgelz
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35

The wife and I just bought:2009 Murano LE AWDOptions:Sapphire ext. Black leather int.3 piece floor matMoonroofnavigation packagesplash guardstech package (standard)every option except dvd player

Total MSRP: $40,495

Purchase price paid (before tax, etc):$35,000

Any additionals the dealer threw in for you:Free cup of Columbian Coffee.

This forum helped me out a lot...especially this thread. To be honest, I wanted to see if I could walk away with the best deal on this thread...and according to the other posts, I'm the current leader. Do I win a cigar or anything?

We started with the email approach and this allowed us to sort through the riff-raff of dealers out there. There was only one vehicle in our area with our exact specifications, so we had about three dealers trying to sell us the same car (and of course they didn't tell us its true location). The guy in my town (Corona, CA) gave me a preferred fleet price of $35,995 + fees, and this was the lowest of everyone, but I wanted to get it for $35,000 flat. I think what ultimately worked in our favor was the fact that we were ready to walk if our exact price wasn't accepted.

In the end, we got a top of the line Murano with all the bells and whistles for the exact price we wanted, and they're even going to deliver it to us (as soon as they go pick it up in Long Beach).

There's still a part of me that wonders if I could have gotten it a few hundred cheaper.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Welcome to NICOclub! I am so glad you found the Murano Forum useful in your research and purchase, that is what we are here for. Enjoy the forum!

Nice deal dgelz! I paid $400 more for the same model, but when I purchased back in June Nissan did not have the $1000 rebate. You may have been able to get another couple hundred off the price, but you have to be thrilled with that price. Truly a great deal. Nice work!

stactum

Just picked my second Murano in Milwaukee, WI today (had first one for 8 month and sold to my relative). This time I picked one that retails for $35,5452009 Murano SL AWD Glacier Pearl / Beige LeatherSplash GuardsPremium PackageTechnology PackageLeather PackageFloor mats4 oil changesIt also has wheel locks and airbag lock installedfor $30,497 + TTLWhich is $2034 below invoice + extras. Got it for 36 month under 0% financing.Pretty happy with the deal, now I just have to tint front windows and I'll be all set!

Timmbo

stactum wrote:Just picked my second Murano in Milwaukee, WI today (had first one for 8 month and sold to my relative). This time I picked one that retails for $35,5452009 Murano SL AWD Glacier Pearl / Beige LeatherSplash GuardsPremium PackageTechnology PackageLeather PackageFloor mats4 oil changesIt also has wheel locks and airbag lock installedfor $30,497 + TTLWhich is $2034 below invoice + extras. Got it for 36 month under 0% financing.Pretty happy with the deal, now I just have to tint front windows and I'll be all set!
That sounds like a fine deal made by a fellow Wisconsinite! Welcome to NICOclub, glad to have you here in the Murano Forum. So I have to ask, how did it drive in the snow? Do you have VDC on yours?

maxxmd

that sounds like a great deal dgelz!!! I am talking to a few dealers and able to get the same price.

Now i have to wonder what kind of incentives are coming for the xmas\New Years, anybody knows?

Thanks

Timmbo

maxxmd wrote:that sounds like a great deal dgelz!!! I am talking to a few dealers and able to get the same price.

Now i have to wonder what kind of incentives are coming for the xmas\New Years, anybody knows?

Thanks
I don't know for sure what the next round of incentives include, I would not expect much more for the Murano, but I do know that the end of Nissan's fiscal year is in March, so they usually offer their most aggresive deals then. Although things are a bit different now with the slow market. Be sure to keeps us up to speed as to what you end up doing!

SilverMO03

Can someone tell me if this is a good deal?

2009 Murano SL, FWD, Premium Package12k/year for 39 months lease with 800 drive offPayment is $385 + (8.25% tax) = $416.76/months

Thanks for your help guys~

SilverMO03

randyman1 wrote: Hi all, new to this forum.

Just leased my second Nissan Murano SL AWD (loaded) with Nav, Tech, Premium, Dual Moon roof, etc. My first Murano was a 2005 SL AWD similarly equipped with Nav too. I loved the car so much, I had to put myself in another one.

Here are the details...

MSRP: $38,565Lease Term: 39 MonthsMileage: 12k / YearDown Payment: $0Monthly Payment: $435Total Paid at Signing: $768 (Includes first month payment)

All things considered, I was paying $380 / month for my 2005 Murano SL AWD (also loaded) with close to 3k down.

What do you guys think?

-randyman
Is your Monthly Payment: $435 including tax or is this before tax?

Timmbo

SilverMO03 wrote:Can someone tell me if this is a good deal?

2009 Murano SL, FWD, Premium Package12k/year for 39 months lease with 800 drive offPayment is $385 + (8.25% tax) = $416.76/months

Thanks for your help guys~
Welcome to NICOclub! Cheers from the Murano Forum! Glad to have you here.

What is the MSRP on the vehicle?

SilverMO03

I'm not sure. That's what they quoted me on. It was Invoice (SL with Prem PKG) – $1000 i think.

Timmbo

SilverMO03 wrote:I'm not sure. That's what they quoted me on. It was Invoice (SL with Prem PKG) – $1000 i think.
MSRP should be around $32,610. I think you can get more off on the lease deal. Did you check with any other Nissan dealers? See if there are any others with a vehicle in-stock that you would be interested in. Check at least two more dealers if possible. Let us know the outcome!

Timmbo

ozzie wrote:Hi all new guy here,just got the wife a 2009 murano s 2wd for xmass. options 3pc floor mats cargo liner cargo area carpet splash guards

msrp 27,989 paid 22 980

still looking for the oil filter
Cheers and welcome to NICOclub! Glad to have you here in the Murano Forum!

That is one hell of an Xmas present, you are quite the stud! You got a great deal as well. To get 5K off a Murano with that MSRP is pretty impressive, nice work, and enjoy the ride. I am sure your wife will love her new Xmas gift!

Callmetaternuts
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano LE

My wife and I just bought a new car as she was getting a company car with her new job. Details are:

2009 Murano LE AWDOptions:Deep Black with Beige Leather interior3 piece floor matDual MoonroofNavi package tech package (standard)every option except dvd player and illuminated kick plates (couldnt find one with)Total MSRP: $41,590

Purchase price paid (before tax, etc):$35,450trade ins (05 Mustang, 04 Endeavour which had negative equity, but was able to squeeze out break even)

Any additionals the dealer threw in for you:16 months of free maintenance (oil change etc), first month payment on them

This is my first lease so i was a bit nervous, but i think i did alright, and i guess, truth be told, since its signed for, and i can afford it, it doesnt matter at this point. Goal was to get to a bit under invoice, which i did.

Congrats to all other Murano owners in this thread!

Timmbo

Callmetaternuts wrote:My wife and I just bought a new car as she was getting a company car with her new job. Details are:

2009 Murano LE AWDOptions:Deep Black with Beige Leather interior3 piece floor matDual MoonroofNavi package tech package (standard)every option except dvd player and illuminated kick plates (couldnt find one with)Total MSRP: $41,590

Purchase price paid (before tax, etc):$35,450trade ins (05 Mustang, 04 Endeavour which had negative equity, but was able to squeeze out break even)

Any additionals the dealer threw in for you:16 months of free maintenance (oil change etc), first month payment on them

This is my first lease so i was a bit nervous, but i think i did alright, and i guess, truth be told, since its signed for, and i can afford it, it doesnt matter at this point. Goal was to get to a bit under invoice, which i did.

Congrats to all other Murano owners in this thread!
Welcome to NICOclub! Glad to have you joining us here in the Murano Forum! You got a great deal, and I will tell you, you will really enjoy all the features of a fully loaded '09 LE!

Callmetaternuts
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano LE

Timmbo wrote:
Welcome to NICOclub! Glad to have you joining us here in the Murano Forum! You got a great deal, and I will tell you, you will really enjoy all the features of a fully loaded '09 LE!
i REALLY wanted the DVD player, but common sense took over for me (no kids) as i realized its a nice luxury, but pushes the price higher for something i wont use. Plus, i believe with the AV jacks i can hook up my iPhone to that connect and watch videos (with the E-brake on).

I certainly am enjoying it so far and is more of a luxury car that i thought before i had seen it.

Timmbo

Callmetaternuts wrote:
i REALLY wanted the DVD player, but common sense took over for me (no kids) as i realized its a nice luxury, but pushes the price higher for something i wont use. Plus, i believe with the AV jacks i can hook up my iPhone to that connect and watch videos (with the E-brake on).

I certainly am enjoying it so far and is more of a luxury car that i thought before i had seen it.
The thing is you can't get the dual panel roof AND the DVD player, and to me, the roof is totally a requirement, besides, I have the DVD player in my Armada for the kids. Of course my 2yr old thus far has no interest in movies. LOL, go figure!

lkbutler75
Car: Nissan Murano

I too am curious if the $435 is w/ tax.

On 12/26/08, I'm picking up my new 2009 Murano SL AWD w/ Leather, Tech, Premium, and Moon packages. Dealer is telling me 39mo/12k lease - $450 which includes taxes and I'm assuming zero down and no security due to loyalty program. How does that sound?

Timmbo

lkbutler75 wrote:I too am curious if the $435 is w/ tax.

On 12/26/08, I'm picking up my new 2009 Murano SL AWD w/ Leather, Tech, Premium, and Moon packages. Dealer is telling me 39mo/12k lease - $450 which includes taxes and I'm assuming zero down and no security due to loyalty program. How does that sound?
Happy Holidays and welcome to NICOclub!!! Glad to have you here in the Murano Forum! Sounds like a good deal, I would rather see it be 15k/year, that would make the deal even sweeter, see what you can work out......anyway you look at it you will find the Murano well worth the investment!!!! Enjoy the Forum!

Hmason

At that lease rate you will shell out $17,550 by the end of the lease and have no ownership or equity. If you can, go for a longer term loan and buy the vehicle. Then you will have equity, no mileage limitation, right to prepay the loan or sell the vehicle with no penalty which is a nice thing if the world falls apart. You should also consider that this is such a wonderful vehicle that at the end of 39 months you might not yet want to part with it. Why face car shopping every 3 years or so. What a pain. That's how it looks from here. Good luck. Hmason

Timmbo

It really depends on what you want and need out of a vehicle. If you aren't driving more than 15k or 12k, and you love always having a new vehicle, then leasing is clearly the way to go. You never have to deal with trading a vehicle in and loosing all the value on a brand new vehicle. Now, my brother on the other hand bought an '05 Titan brand new a few years ago, and honestly, he will drive that thing into the ground, and guess what? That works well for him, he doesn't desire to always have a new vehicle, so in a couple more years he will have the truck paid off and he will then buy his wife a new vehicle. It just depends what you want out of a vehicle.

lkbutler75
Car: Nissan Murano

Yes, leasing works best for me. I'm only paying for what I use and I'm always wanting something new; hence, I will always have a car payment so why pay for the whole thing;-)? I normally don't put over 10k a year on a car. When I get closer to retirement, I will definitely purchase a car, but probably not until then. Thanks for the response.

Timmbo

lkbutler75 wrote:Yes, leasing works best for me. I'm only paying for what I use and I'm always wanting something new; hence, I will always have a car payment so why pay for the whole thing;-)? I normally don't put over 10k a year on a car. When I get closer to retirement, I will definitely purchase a car, but probably not until then. Thanks for the response.
I am with you, I always like a new vehicle, and anyway you look at I will have a car payment, now my payment is technically less, and I never have to worry about getting screwed on a trade in. I own our Murano, but I lease my Armada, and I am always right at my 15K limit, and even if you go over a little, Nissan gives good standing accounts a $500 cushion at the end of the lease.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Hmason

At the end of 39 months you'll have paid for more than half the car. Then you give it back and start all over. Heck of a deal for the dealer don't you think? If you purchased, at the end of 39 months you could certainly trade it in for more than $17,500 and still get your new car--especially at 10K miles per year. Leases only pay when they have very high residuals and low payments. For example, when the Subaru Tribeca was new to the market they had a lease deal for $299/month for the Limited with leather and the 3rd row seat etc. I went for that deal because it made financial sense. Think about it. Hey we all need to do what we need to do. You will love the car no matter what your decision is. Happy New Year

Timmbo

Hmason wrote:At the end of 39 months you'll have paid for more than half the car. Then you give it back and start all over. Heck of a deal for the dealer don't you think? If you purchased, at the end of 39 months you could certainly trade it in for more than $17,500 and still get your new car--especially at 10K miles per year. Leases only pay when they have very high residuals and low payments. For example, when the Subaru Tribeca was new to the market they had a lease deal for $299/month for the Limited with leather and the 3rd row seat etc. I went for that deal because it made financial sense. Think about it. Hey we all need to do what we need to do. You will love the car no matter what your decision is. Happy New Year
It does depend on the deal that is out there. There are a TON of lease deals that simply SUCK! I had an '05 G35x that had an MSRP of $38K on it, I got a 39month lease, 15k/year, with $499 at signing. That was AFTER I traded in a Toyota Solara that I was about $1000 upside down on. That is a good deal. I can't ever imagine shelling out $3000 at signing on some of these leases that they advertise, that is ridiculous. I believe that if you can get a good deal on a new car, financially, yes, that is the best thing to do. However, some of us want a new car all the time, and then the lease can become the better deal. Personally I love leases, but it has to be the right deal, but I purchased my '09 Murano, so it all depends on what you want, and the deal you can get.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

maxxmd

hey guys,Going to the dealer today to hopefully get an 09 le loaded ( no dvd)murano. The lowest deal i've seen is 35k before ttl, has anyone done better?Any last minute help would be great!Thanks

Timmbo

maxxmd wrote:hey guys,Going to the dealer today to hopefully get an 09 le loaded ( no dvd)murano. The lowest deal i've seen is 35k before ttl, has anyone done better?Any last minute help would be great!Thanks
I got mine (same options) for $35,400 back in July. Now I believe there is a $1000 rebate, so you should be able to get $34,400, but there was an increase in MSRP of about $200.......so $34,600 should be a great deal, please let us know what ends up happening! Good luck to you and Happy Holidays!

DC44

Timmbo,

What is this $1,000 rebate you spoke of? I have not seen anything in print or online from Nissan about it. Can you share your source? Thanks.

DC

maxxmd

Was at the dealer this weekend, if I wanted was able to get a loaded LE (no dvd) for 34.4

We didn;t make the deal since they offered very little on trade in.

thought it might help if anyone is looking to buy now.

Also the 1k rebate is for people coming off the murano lease and buying a new one. At least that's what the dealer said and i didn;t see any other adds for that.

Timmbo

maxxmd wrote:Was at the dealer this weekend, if I wanted was able to get a loaded LE (no dvd) for 34.4

We didn;t make the deal since they offered very little on trade in.

thought it might help if anyone is looking to buy now.

Also the 1k rebate is for people coming off the murano lease and buying a new one. At least that's what the dealer said and i didn;t see any other adds for that.
Is that price for an AWD model? If so, that is a great deal!

DC44

Is that $34,400 price an "out the door" price, or before tax/tags/fees?

Return to “Murano Forum”