Murano hesitation from stop

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
selph
Car: 2009 Murano SL AWD

Hi Guys. I'm at my wits end. We bought the 2009 Murano SL AWD new. It has 142K on it. At 118K the CVT was replaced by Nissan. A while back it started hesitation from a stop. It starts to go and then just falls on it's face. The rpms go up to about 2000 then fall to about 1700 and you can hold it to the floor and no change in RPM's or speed. If you let off the throttle and push it again it usually goes the second time. It also goes fine if you just mash the throttle from a stop instead of part throttle to accelerate normally. I took it to the dealer and they said that it is not the CVT this time. There are no lights or codes. They suggested plugs and throttle body cleaning. I changed the plugs. No change. I cleaned the throttle body. No change. I installed a new throttle body today. No change. What do you suggest? Any ideas? I don't feel that the vehicle is safe for pulling out into traffic. Thanks!

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Welcome to Nico!

Sorry your first post is about a troublesome issue. The 09 Murano is fly-by-wire right? Meaning no throttle cable, just a throttle position sensor and the electric motor that moves the butterfly right?

Return to “Murano Forum”