Murano BOSE sound system problem - 6 CD changer

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
fectji
Car: Murano 2003 SE

I just bought a 2003 Murano with BOSE sound system w/o navigation. Everything was well before I had this problem Yesterday.

The left channel (right still good) of the sound system switch off sudenly. This happen only when using the 6 CD changer. No problem when using tuner.

When I try to make balance to the left and add volume when left channel is not working I hear some noise but no music.

And this is not some contact in speakers because when I lost some channel and turning on the radio - radio works fine - back to CD - same issue, only right channel.

Does anyone know what could be the problem or has anyone had such problem? I think it is CD changer but may be something else ?

Georgeb

Good Afternoon,

I can have that problem fixed for $225 + Shipping, email me if your are interested or have any questions [email protected]

mikek1966
Car: 2004 Murano SL leather/xenon & 2004 Murano SE w/ VDC

I have had the speakers changed out on both my SL and SE (2004). I think the problem is bumps and the way the CDs sit in the system. I get it when I cross railroad tracks on my way to work. If I switch CDs the problem goes away when the new CD comes on.

Personally, I think this is a problem with the design of the Murano CD system. I have not asked the dealer about it, but I have a feeling that they will be clueless since they changed the speakers already (nice of them to actually believe my wife on a problem).

By the way, it is always the left side that loses sound.

Hmm....maybe the $225 to fix it gets you the hammer like this -->

mikek1966
Car: 2004 Murano SL leather/xenon & 2004 Murano SE w/ VDC

Or eject the CD and reinsert...problem fixed in the few times that I tried.

That's why I think it doesn't fix it in your case if you just switch to radio and then back -- the sound is still missing on the left side...it doesn't readjust the CD. Try to eject CD and reinsert (I know a pain -- because it loses your place in the CD).

By the way, I would be interested in what is done for the $225.

Georgeb

Repair on your unit will be done. Sorry I can not go in to details of what is done, trade secrets. Thats our lively hood.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.George 408-209-9113

[email protected]
Car: 2005 Nissan Murano

CD does not work well in the cold. Nice for over $30,000.00

alborzian
Car: 2004 Nissan Murano SL

I have an 04 Murano I my in dash 6 CD changer does not work, do you know what company makes this or who to contact to get it fixed?

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Clariion makes the Bose systems.

Having a channel go out is a known problem with the units. My first one would go out from time to time and I would simply smack it and it would start working again. The actual "fix" is to either get it repaired or replace it.

Georgeb

Hello,

Short Circuit can repair that unit for $225, if you have further questions please contact me.

[email protected]

Georgeb

Just to clarify.

Clarion does not make Bose!!!

Clarion is the manufacturers of the head unit.

Bose is the manufacturers of the amplifiers and speaker systems.

They are separate companies that have integrated stereo systems for year.

GAMorono
Car: 2004 Morono SL AWD

I have a 2004 and have the same problem. The radio is fine but the left side speakers go out intermittantly while playing a CD. What was your fix? A new unit?

Georgeb

We would repair your unit. New units are far more expensive from the dealer.

tweetygirl7
Car: 2004 Nissan Murano

Obviously this is a issue has anyone reported this to Nissan because I'm so glad I found some other Murano owners who have the same problem My 2004 only when you play a CD the right side only plays when u hit a bump in the road it comes back on them off again. This really pissed me off because this car wasn't cheap and i would like Nissan to fix this problem I need some information on how to file a complaint on this issue and maybe they will issue a recall. I think it a serious problem because I know we all like to get our moneys worth. And my radio hasn't work properly since I got the car. I took it back to the dealer and they told me my radio isn't under factory waranty and that I would have to purchase a new one. I don't have that kind of money u see the gas price. Can someone let me know is there a way to file a recall on this issue? Then maybe I need u other people who have this problem to help me out as well. Thanks

kikorikey
Car: 240sx

cool

omgb
Car: 2003 Murano, 2002 Ford Ranger, 1969 John Player Special Lotus Europa

Unless you bought the car used, the sound system is most definately under the original warranty. The dealer is trying to hose you. Now that being said, it's smart money to install after market sound in your car rather than relying on the factory units. It's cheaper, you get better selection and honestly, you will get better quality provided you take the time to "bone up" and what is and what isn't a good sound system. My Murano's sound system is fair at best (03). The CD changer is very suceptable to road vibration and the radio has average to poor signal separation. I don't use it enough to care really. But if it were an issue, I'd replace with an after market unit.

jonraz
Car: 2002 Nissan Maxima GXE

Hey everyone. I'm new around here, but I actually have an '02 maxima. I found the conversation via websearch (gotta love google). I have had some of the same issues that you guys have had with your 6 cd changer. I bought the Maxima used with 50K miles on it. I didn't start seeing problems with the cd changer until about 3 or 4 months after buying it. I would have the same issues with my cd player, where the sound would only come through on the right channel, and the left sounded like the speakers were blown or wouldn't come through at all. I called the dealership and since it was used, the warranty was expired. The service rep told over the phone it is probably an issue with the way the laser reads the cd, and that it is only reading one channel (right or left) and not the other. It made sense. So instead of paying ridic amounts of money from the dealer, I called around for another place that could repair audio. So with recommendation from the service rep at Tweeter, I went over to Caton Radio in Catonsville, MD. [URL [/URL]http://www.catonradio.com/Home_Page.html They told me that I needed a new amp (f*#@ing liars). I unfortunately took the bait and a $700 bath. When I got my car back, I was all psyched to try out the new system. I now heard all of the sound coming through the front, and less powerful than before. So, I checked the stereo levels and all the sound was moved up to the front, with nothing coming out the back. To make a long story short I had to go back there 2 more times, and got stuck with the amp, and the problem not fixed.However, after time, it would start to play through both sides. My problem now is that when I do play a cd (new, old, or burned) there is an awful squealing sound coming from the changer or a cd "Read Error F3".I'm thinking about trying a cd cleaner kit to see if that will help, but in this digital age I'm thinking of putting in a new stereo, but that will be pretty pricey. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.And to chime in on the Bose/Clarion thing, I was told from the Nissan service rep that Clarion does make the changer, but the amp and speakers/components are from Bose. It sucks that Nissan had to cheap out on the changer. And I found out if you use a different amp other than Bose, you will probably not get the same sound that you would with a Bose system.

Sorry this is so long, but thanks for reading..

adriaticgirl
Car: Nissan Murano

Hi All.

I have a 2003 Murano Single Disc CD and it refuses to eject the CD. I did the little trick trying to coax it with another cd but it wont eject. it simply clicks. They want $360 to remove and repair. I can buy a used working unit for less. Is there any way or anyone who may know how to get it to eject. There is a small internal mechanism on the left that hold the cd in and it wont release. I am told this is a regular issue with Murano's. Any ideas. Thanks

tglasco

It's amazing how this seems to be a common problem with this system. Within the first year of owning our 04 Murano, we had the dealership replace our CD player. About 2 years ago, the problem came back. We can start the CD and in a matter of seconds, there is no sound from the left speaker, or the sound begins to muffle. It gets better when we turn a corner, or press down on the breaks, or go over a bump in the road...or any number of things! We too have hit the side of the unit in frustration and had the speaker come on. This doesn't work all the time however. We have had the car back at the dealership 3 times in the last 2 years for one thing or another, and always report this problem...AGAIN. We still have received no satisfaction. Some how we could not make the service manager understand what we were talking about, even when we made him ride in the car with us to show him what we meant! The service manager has since left the Nissan dealership and moved over to the Chevy dealership. In the mean time, he purchased a used Murano for his wife and has since reported to us that his Clarion CD player is doing the same thing.

I finally got the inclination today to e-mail Bose about the problem. They informed me that Bose only manufactures the amplifier and speakers. They told me that they could not replace or repair the player, but if the dealership had opened a case file on my claim, they would like to follow up on it for me? We'll see. I plan on calling the dealership in the morning.

With this many complaints, you would think we could get some type of class action suit going in an effort to get some satisfaction!

tweetygirl7

Hey I have talk to another person with the same issue and she called Nissan @ 1-800-647-7261 and filed a complaint and she said if enough of us call and complain they may issue a recall so please call asap so we can get this issue fixed.

aggiehutch
Car: 2003 Nissan Murano

adriaticgirl wrote:Hi All.

I have a 2003 Murano Single Disc CD and it refuses to eject the CD. I did the little trick trying to coax it with another cd but it wont eject. it simply clicks. They want $360 to remove and repair. I can buy a used working unit for less. Is there any way or anyone who may know how to get it to eject. There is a small internal mechanism on the left that hold the cd in and it wont release. I am told this is a regular issue with Murano's. Any ideas. Thanks
I have the exact same problem with my 2003 Murano. I bought it used in june 2007, and the very first cd I put in it got stuck and does the click-y thing. I just assumed in the 100+ degree south Texas weather the CD got warped.

tweetygirl- I will definitely try calling Nissan in the morning. thanks!

mm
Car: Nissan Murano 2004

OK.... I am new to the NICO club and like an ide a lot!!! After driving Nissan's since 1990, I ended up getting a used, mint condition 04 Murano SE.... same problem with the left set of speakers... cut in and out when CD player is on... any idea on the potential recall status? I LOVE the Bose system in all of my Nissan's, but the get really pricey to fix... Does any one know a reputable place to fix the problem in Southern Ontario? Thanks!

ALEXANDERS24
Car: 2004 Murano

I also called Nissan Corp and I already filed a complain because I have the same exact problem. If anyone has an update on this problem, please let me know

Thank you

rebelsax
Car: 2003 Nissan Murano

I have a 2003 Murano. out of warranty. bought it used in '05. car is great! All of a sudden CD is stuck. None of the 6 CD's won't eject. HELP!

2tigers
Car: 09 Murano

Along the same line about radio & speakers, We have had an 09 Muranofor about a year and get an intermittent static from the right rear speaker only.Have taken it to the Dealer three times and naturally they can't reproducethe sound and claim they can't throw parts at in an attempt to fix it.Have written to Nissan Co. without results. Any similiar complaints?

tweetygirl7

PLEASE CALL NISSAN CORP. @ 1-800-647-7261 AND FILE A COMPLANIT SO THEY CAN ISSUE A RECALL PLEASE HAVE YOUR VIN # WHEN CALLIN THEY WILL ASK FOR IT.

tweetygirl7

PLEASE CALL NISSAN CORP. @ 1-800-647-7261 AND FILE A COMPLANIT SO THEY CAN ISSUE A RECALL PLEASE HAVE YOUR VIN # WHEN CALLIN THEY WILL ASK FOR IT.

tweetygirl7

tweetygirl7

tweetygirl7

nafddur
Car: Nissan Maxima, Nissan Murano

Hate to burst your bubble, but I can guarantee you that Nissan will NEVER issue a recall for a handful of CD problems. Recalls are for safety issues.

Though the cassette player finally wore out in my (14 1/2 year old w/ 202K miles) Maxima, the CD players in that and my 04 Mo still both work perfectly.

Return to “Murano Forum”