Murano BOSE sound system problem - 6 CD changer

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
valkaz
Car: nissan murano 2003, se

I have had the same problems with the left channel of the sound system and now none of the 6 CDs can be ejected.A little desperate since it's quite an unexpected expense and not critical but desirable feature.Grateful for any advice: how much it may cost to repair/replace Clarion CD changer with alternative non-Murano/non-Clarion system?

ccormier
Car: 2003 Nissan Murano

I have a 2003 as well and yesterday was driving and hit a bump and all my speakers quit working. I only had a problem about 2 months ago while listening to a CD and my speakers started to fade out so I hit the unit and they started working fine. Haven't had a problem sence until last night and now they don't work with radio or CD. Did you figure out the problem?

mm
Car: Nissan Murano 2004

Given my horrible experience with 2004 Murano (got it in Feb 09 - got rid of it in May, only 85,000km mileage), I ended up leaving Nissan brand after 19 years of various Nissan's ownership.... CD problems, CVT tranny was sluggish and seemed to slip, engine valves were noisier than anything I have ever heard! Really sad to say that will stay away from Murano's in the future... got a 3 year old BMW and love it!

zogy

I believe I have solved the "one side cutting out only when playing a CD" issue. The problem (one side/channel cuts out) as many of you know occurs only playing a CD.... the radio seems to be unaffected. The cutting out is affected by banging on the side of the radio. If it's happening; bang on the side of the radio and will likely go away (for a bit). Likewise, if it happens to be working at the moment bang in it and it will start cutting out.The fact that the radio still functions normally meant to me that the speakers, amp and pre-amp sections were working fine.... it must be the connecting from the CD section to the pre-amp. This is of course the famed "ribbon cable" that has been referred to on the web. I dis-assembled my radio/CD unit far enough to get at the ribbon cable. You have to remove the unit and take it apart... it involves about 25 little gold screws. It is not difficult, but probably not for the timid (I believe instructions can be found on the web, at least the removal part). I removed the cable and rubbed the contacts on the cable with some good contact cleaner. I also sprayed some contact cleaner into the socket that receives the ribbon cable. After reassembling the unit, it no longer cuts out... and I swear it sounds better than it did (but that may be because it had degraded so badly)... If you are not comfortable getting into the guts of you radio... than I would suggest you take it up with the deal. It would seem replacing the whole unit is the only solution. I wouldn't let them touch anything else. And one last reminder: if you do take out your radio ..PUT A TOWEL (or something) OVER THE STAINLESS STEEL on the console, or you will SCRATCH the delicate surface. Dont ask me how I know this; fortunately I just happened to have a spare one in hand ...again dont ask 8-)

aaronmb
Car: 2002 nissan maxima

I was having the right speaker always works, but the others hardly do(especially the left front speaker). This had been going on for months and I was always tapping/banging the cd player. I googled audio repair and went to a place that sells cd players/alarm systems. Works fine now. It cost 160

infinkid
Car: 2004 Nissan Murano

I think this is absurd. My 2004 Murano SL is a great car all around... and I've had it for about a year and just used the tape player with an ipod connector and all the speakers worked fine. Recently I lost my ipod... so I've used the 6 CD changer. I also noticed the left speaker would cut in and out at random (or when you hit a bump or hit the brakes). I never would have thought so many people would have had this problem. I don't think replacing the system is necessary since the FM and tape system plays through all speakers fine. Anyone have any ideas other than what was proposed above?

aaronmb

Well, this is BS. After a little over a month..its back to doing that again. Im tempted just to get a new cd player.

t2sarah64
Car: 2004 murano se

TO ALL HAVING LEFT SIDE GOING OUT WITH YOUR BOSE SYSTEM PLAYING CDS ... IT IS THE RIBBON CABLE. IF YOU CAN GET TO IT YOU CAN CLEAN IT HOWEVER I BELIEVE YOUR BEST BET MAY BE TO GET A NEW HEAD!!! IT IS NOT YOUR SPEAKERS!!! I HAD A MECHANIC FRIEND CLEAN MY RIBBON CABLE WITH ELECTRONIC CLEANER AND IT WORKED GREAT FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS, NOW IT IS BACK TO GOING OUT WHENEVER I HIT BUMPS ETC SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE HERE.

mrstomcrews
Car: Nissan Murano

I am having problems with my 6 disk changer in my 2007 Murano. This summer it got extremely hot and suddenly stopped working with 4 disks in it. They wouldn't eject at all. I took it to the dealer and for $25 he confirmed "yeah, it's broke" and it would cost apprx. $300 to replace/fix. Since the disks were nothing important and I could live without the CD player, I didn't do anything. But then it started trying to eject the disks everytime I turn the car on or off. It has gotten to the point it is draining my battery and I have to jump start my car. I tried to insert another disk but it won't let me. I was hoping there is some type of "manual" eject method I could use? It's starting to get very annoying listening to that sound and jump starting my car every time I need to go somewhere! HELP! I bought the car new, but was assuming the warranty has expired. Can anybody advise? I would be happy just to get the disks out, don't care so much about using it....THANKS!! :frown:

murano04
Car: 2004 Nissan Murano SL

I have just purchased my 2004 murano its a great car i love it and i haven't experianced the speaker issue. However The cd player is going to drive me nuts. i have had a lot of trouble with it accepting cd's. once the cd is in its in and it plays. but it spits it back out at least 8-9 times before it accepts it and plays. Has anyone else had this trouble or know a fix for it?

mbrodnicki
Car: nissan murano sl 2006

I have a 2006. CP player (6 disc) bose died. Dealer says $1,500 to replace, Best Buy says there is no after-market that will work with they system. Are there any options <$500? I am in Ft Lauderdale are.

aaronmb

After half a year, I finally decided to get a new cd/mp3 player since 75% of the time, it doesnt play right. At times, only one side will work, then barely, and the only way to fix it is to brake really hard.

Piper
Car: 96 240, the new toy.
93 Vert, gave to my bro... for now,
91 HB, brother totaled,
27 other 240sx's in total, all gone now!

I have the same problem with the system. i just recently purchased my 04 with ~80k on it and the 6 disk cd changer dosent work at all.... says check disk.... does anyone have any info on if this is a recall problem or should we all just call nissan and complain? anyone had any luck with talking to nissan about this?

aaronmb

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &viewitem=

http://cgi.ebay.com/NAXA-NX-671-CD-AUX- ... 5192d93da6

These plus installation was a little over $100. Sounds better to me and cheaper than getting it 'fixed'. my only gripe is that the steering wheel controls dont work on it.

Ace2708
Car: 06 M35 & 03 I35

fectji wrote:I just bought a 2003 Murano with BOSE sound system w/o navigation. Everything was well before I had this problem Yesterday.

The left channel (right still good) of the sound system switch off sudenly. This happen only when using the 6 CD changer. No problem when using tuner.

When I try to make balance to the left and add volume when left channel is not working I hear some noise but no music.

And this is not some contact in speakers because when I lost some channel and turning on the radio - radio works fine - back to CD - same issue, only right channel.

Does anyone know what could be the problem or has anyone had such problem? I think it is CD changer but may be something else ?
I have the exact same issue on my 2003 I35. Has anyone got lucky getting Nissan/Infiniti to replace their defective Bose system with no warranty?

brikloft
Car: 2006 Nissan Murano

to:mrstomcrews

I had a similar issue with my 2006 murano. I was travel on the highway in the summer and I switched in between discs and that's when it happened. All six of my disks where stuck in there and wouldn't eject. I didn't have the battery issues like you did but still it clearly wasn't working. Did some research and it was mentioned that if you put a disc in that is has music burnt into it, these have a tendency to warp and cause issues with the device changing from disc to disc. Must be right, cause I changed from slot 1 to 2 and 2 had my burnt disc in it. I did some research on youtube and found out how to take the CD player out, so I did all that to get my discs out in hoping that it would magically start working again. got all the discs out, plugged it back in and it still wasn't working. I have an extended warranty on my murano and I took it to nissan for something else and I just happened to mention about the CD player and the warranty covered it, so I got a new 6 disc in there now. My only concern is, I would like to find out if the new CD player is in fact a new BOSE 6 disc, cause I feel like it sounds different.

Does anyone know if there's a non-bose 6 disc CD player that would replace the broken bose CD player. I've been told that if you have bose speakers its really hard to hook up any other deck to make it work properly.

Let me know

Return to “Murano Forum”