Murano Airbag light always on

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
abicer81
Car: 2004 nissan murano, 2004 nissan xterra

Hello everyone! I have an 04 Murano. The airbag light is always on from the moment the car is started. It never blinks. I've done some research on it, however, I can only find info on the blinking light issue. I don't get a wink, it's a constant glare that doesn't go away. I bought it from an auction as it stands and I do know it was T-Boned (passenger side) and repaired. It had already been repaired when I bought it. I've checked above the headliner to confirm the side curtain airbag was replaced and it's there, intact. I'm sure it deployed from the impact. That pretty much sums up everything I know about it. It's a 2004 SL with touring package. Any ideas? I'm a bit stuck on the issue. Thanks in advance!!

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

There's some G sensors that may be bad around the car. I THINK you can plug in and read the code with a standard diagnostic code reader. Have you tried that?

abicer81

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:There's some G sensors that may be bad around the car. I THINK you can plug in and read the code with a standard diagnostic code reader. Have you tried that?
I did attach a bluetooth obd reader to it but it only gave me engine codes (another issue in itself). I don't know if the local parts stores will help with airbag lights as they only advertise free MIL code diagnosis. I'm glad I only paid $2000 for it. Seems like it's going to take a few more investments to get it right. Thanks for the reply!

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Sure thing. Welcome to NICO!
We host factory service manuals here. Perhaps they have some sort of ABS light troubleshooting diagnostic in them.

www.nicoclub.com/FSM

Let us know how you make out.

abicer81

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:Sure thing. Welcome to NICO!
We host factory service manuals here. Perhaps they have some sort of ABS light troubleshooting diagnostic in them.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM

Let us know how you make out.
Thank you again, i'll look through them and hopefully will find a solution.

big_c
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

No blinking usually indicates the module is not communicating or is not communicating properly.

Most under $1,000 scanners can't detect the fault. You likely need a new airbag module, reset the old module, and possibly configure the module.

ikalinin
Car: 2018 Infiniti QX60 Deluxe Tech
2018 Nissan Rogue SL

I'd get it scanned and see what codes you get.. it can be anything... and i mean anything.. but i agree, steady light means the module is bad. lots of codes is a good indication of a bad module. usually after an airbag deploys, the module has to be replaced or at least, reset. there are lots of ebay sellers that repair your module for $50-$60.. you can also remove the module and buy one 'exactly' the same w/ the same numbers on it on ebay.. just make sure its coming from a car that was never in an accident or never flooded.

the module is on the floor in between the driver and pass seats, underneath the center counsel.

here is some helpful info from my 2006 manual. it shows you what typically needs to be replaced after front impact, side impact, etc...

https://www.scribd.com/document/3266301 ... s-From-SRS

Return to “Murano Forum”