Muffler Question

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

What do you guys think of a Powertech Peformance Muffler? Are they a good brand? All comments are welcome

rbboyl

i was actually considering buying one, (saw it on ebay right?) But I ended up not going for it. So I'm actually wondering the same thing.

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

If your looking for performance then go with something from the cat back exhast-wise. If you want the look and sound then you can get any chop off and weld on muffler. The power that they claim will not be more than 1 hp or 2 and it probably will lower your power in certain powerbands.

Emperor

go speed racer go

i agree

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

SpeedRacer1 wrote:The power that they claim will not be more than 1 hp or 2

I don't even think you'd gain anything from just a muffler, because the piping is still small and restrictive. I doubt you'd see any gain. Correct me if I'm wrong if you have any proof.

Nick.

Emperor

He wasnt saying 1 HP as a positive thing....eh dont be bothered by a minor detail mistake. it doesnt matter.

SpeedRacer1

Zebrahead wrote:I don't even think you'd gain anything from just a muffler, because the piping is still small and restrictive. I doubt you'd see any gain. Correct me if I'm wrong if you have any proof.

Nick.

Thats why I said that you will lose power at certain Rpms, what i meant to say was that all a muffler would do is fluxuate your pre existing powerband. Parts of the powerband would rise(very little that could be claimed as a gain) and parts would go below the old powerband and be considered losing power.;)

Here, they say a picture is worth a thousand words, please choose kind words since I know this isnt the best drawing we've seen. :)

ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

Hey guys,

I apologize for not being more clear. I was actually going to purchase a muffler and adding a 2 1/2" piping along with it. I just didn't want to go out and spend $500 on a exhaust system when I could just purchase a muffler and seperate pipe for a lot less money. Isn't it true that I could see similar gains this way, rather than purchasing the complete unit?

SpeedRacer1

Depends on the quality of the piping.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”