Mt.Bikers, where are you?

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting back into MTB, although my carpal tunnel will likely not let me ride like I used to. I figure I am done with the racing...at least on a highly competitive level.

I've ridden hard tails all my life, but since I'm not wanting to race hardcore, I'd like to try a full suspension and have been eyeballing the Trek fuel 5.5.

Any experience with the newer Fuel frames?

Haha, here is quote from a thread I made back in May of '06
Looneybomber wrote:It's riding season again and the trails are muddy. Anyone out there riding and have some pics of your trails or bike?

In this pic, you can see Logans Run. I used to lift weights with the head designer of that trail. I want to say her name is Sarah Logan. That section is awesome. It's technical and is entirely on the side of the bluffs running into the lake. If you crash, try to crash uphill.

Ha, I found a little info on the trails right by my parents house. All in all there are 28miles of riding trails out there, not the 15miles they talk about.http://www.mtbr.com/trails/Kan....html

And some pictures!http://sunflower.com/~cmartell...k2002/

Typical sight as you're riding along. Once I get out there with a digi cam, I will have to take some pictures of some of the drop-offs going into the lake on some of the downhill sections. They're fun

I'm suck on the sideline for a bit till I get my rear shifter working/replaced. I'd really like to just replace my bike with this, but spending over 1400 for a bike seems silly since I'm not racing anymore.

Modified by Looneybomber at 6:55 PM 5/1/2006

cmfireman
Car: '96 Nissan S14 SE

Bought a Cannondale F7 Disc last year cheap. It's nothing special, but my entry bike for the sport.

It's still sitting in my basement, where it's been since about last September.

Otto.

I have a basic Giant Yukon. Nowhere to really ride around here.

ddgsxr504
Car: 1995 Nissan 240SX SE 2007 Infinit M35 Sport 2011 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition

I just recently got into Mt. Biking by switching over from the BMX side, I bought a s***ty cheap bike and after tearing thru the mountains of Camp Pendelton CA for two weeks I sheared off the rear derailer gear and snapped the chain. I brought the bike back tonight and got a full refund since the bike was under 30 days old.

Here is what I plan to buy next, tell me what you think.

FRAME 19" MTB ALUMINUM ALLOY FRAME

MULTI-LINK REAR SUSPENSION

FORK GORDO 650 ALUMINUM ALLOY DOWNHILL FORK

BRAKES FRONT/REAR DISC BRAKES

HANDLE BAR ALUMINUM ALLOY DOWN HILL

SHIFTER SHIMANO LEVER SHIFTERS SFT-EF33 SHIFT INDEX (24 Speed)

HUBS ALUMINUM ALLOY QUICK RELEASE

DERAILLEUR SHIMANO ALTUS (Rear) SUNRUN

RIMS Alloy 26" x 1.5" WITH BLACK ANODIZED SPOKES

TIRES 26" x 2.10" Black

blakexcore
Car: 90 240SX

i just got back into mountain biking, not many placese around here, but i go up to a horse park that has about 30 miles of mountain bike trails.

i bought i trek 820 in 2006, but i only rode it a couple times, and stored it in the basement.

^ it looks exactly like that

nopistons

Is that from Walmart or something?

blakexcore
Car: 90 240SX

i hope your not talking about mine...i got it at a bike shop awhile back for $350

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

KHS FXT Sport. Unfortunately since I got it when I was about 11, it is a bit small for me now. I need to get a longer seat stem for it.

TurboSauce
Car: 2006 G35 coupe, 2018 Mazda CX-9

after new tires and a cleaning.

:weird i got this 3 years ago and almost need a new seat stem

Return to “The Great Outdoors”