MR20DE Turbo

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
zfollette
Car: 2007 Nissan Sentra S 2.0

Hi all, I just joined to post a build thread for my attempt at an MR20DE turbo kit. I have a 2007 Sentra 6-speed w/ 117k miles.

First off, I'm in a good position to do this. I work at a manufacturing plant and have friends who own a junkyard and a garage. My goal is to do this a cheap as possible. Here's the checklist in no order:

a) Acquire cheap VW 1.8t turbo
b) Acquire MR20DE manifold for dimensions
c) Fab manifold w/ turbo mount
d) Cut gaskets for turbo
e) Acquire intercooler from same 1.8t
f) Plumb piping to fit current exhaust
g) Tap into oil and return to pan
h) Tap into water (if need be) and return
i) Install wastegate and blowoff valve
j) Install bigger fuel injectors/fuel rail
k) Install fuel regulator and/or fuel pump

I also think a good headgasket would be helpful.

I hope to keep the build-thread updated and have a complete 2.0T built by summer's end. Any guesses on the total cost? Also, i'll be releasing any models I draw up for the manifold and hopefully the plumbing paths with a parts list.

My plan at the moment is to get a turbo off of a 1.8T or a volvo or something from the junk yard. I also need to get a junk 2.0 exhaust manifold. With the help of my buddy James, I should be able to get those for virtually nothing. With those, I plan to draw up some models of the exhaust and turbo flange, have them flame cut, and get my other buddy Dallas to weld me some pipe. I'll have to fit this all up in the car, but hopefully that'll work.

I then plan to run the cooling system. I know I'll have to tap into the oil lines, wherever that may be, and tap it back into the oil pan as a return. The turbo may also run water cooling... but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Once that's all done, I'll probably fit an intercooler and get it all hooked up.

From there I'll run plumbing from the turbo to the throttle body and the turbo to the existing exhaust. I will try to do this without deleting cats or o2 sensors.

After all of that crap, it'll be time for some injectors. This is where I need help. I can't seem to track down 440cc injectors for the MR20DE. I saw some for the QR25DE turbo kit on treadstone, but I have no idea if these will fit. Any ideas from you guys? I may just have to get mine bored out. To push fuel through those, I'll put on a fuel pressure regulator and possibly a new higher pressure fuel pump.

If I can get a few turbos cheap enough, I might play around with some turbo flutter. Who doesn't like some zutututututu every once in a while?
If not, I'll just have to install the bov and deal with the pshhh sound.

Hopefully I can give the 2.slow some balls!

Think it can be done? I've heard of maybe one or two done before.

Well, that's all I have. Wish me luck.

P.S. I posted this on that dead forum as well, but will probably keep it updated on here.

SR_Czar
Car: 2017 Sentra Sr Turbo

Sounds like a fun project! You sure your friends are going to do all that custom fab work for free??

I need some friends like that!

jbracy7
Car: 94 GTS TYPE-M in a dozen pieces

Updates

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”