MP3 Audio Hookups on M35?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
steviebstrummin
Car: Infiniti M35

What audio units can be hooked up to the RCA jacks located on the back side of the center console? Can an MP3 player connect thru these jacks via a Y cable with a mini-phone plug on the other end into the IPod etc?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

steviebstrummin wrote:What audio units can be hooked up to the RCA jacks located on the back side of the center console? Can an MP3 player connect thru these jacks via a Y cable with a mini-phone plug on the other end into the IPod etc?
Welcome to NICO!

Pictures when you get a chance, please!

Speaking without true knowledge (so be warned!), I would expect that these jacks (if they are analog audio input jacks) should allow for any line-level audio (i.e., less than 1 Volt peak-to-peak - or so - at "full" volume) to be fed in.

So, if you use the "headphone" jack output from a player, you should be careful, in case the player output exceeds that value. Since most headphone jacks from players are pretty low voltage outputs (I think,) you should be okay. But start with the volume set low and experiment.

Just do make sure that these jacks are indeed analog audio input and not some digital inputs (or analog outputs)!

I would strongly recommend downloading the full service manual from the Infiniti technical info web site (costs $20 for a full day access to the site - cheap for the money and do get the TSB's while you are at it) ... I forget the exact URL, but you can do a search here for "techinfo" and it should show up!

Z

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

Sure can. I just went out to the garage and tested it. I just got my M45 tech the other day and have been listening to DVD-Audio disks (BOSE rules!) so far. I used a mini-phone Y cable to Red/Black RCA ends into the back of the center console. No problem. Sounds good. I had the IPOD volume set to ~80% and the car volume set just past 50%.

Since I have the new video IPOD, I've got to get the mini-phone to audio/video and test it in the M to check the video output. So far I have one music video and a Pixar short downloaded. I have some pictures also. I've heard the pictures can be viewed on the NAV.

Another idea I need to test is connecting the audio/video output from my digital camera. An 8" screen beats a 2" screen.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”