Mounts

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
Blown240sx
Car: 1996 240sx

I figured Id ask if anyone here made mounts for the LS1 motor and trans (Motor MOunts and Trans Mount) because I dont have the time or welding skills yet to make them so I figured I might buy some here since Hinson way over charges. If no one can get me a good price I have a guy locally that should be able to do it for 400-500 but If I could find mounts on here it would be greatly appreciated.

You can either write back or email me [email protected]

Blown240sx

I guess no one wants to make some money

574-240sx
Car: Nissans, Toyotas, Subaru

How soon are you looking to do the swap?

Blown240sx

Within a month. Im hoping. I have found a motor but Im waiting on a guy to come through with the money for my old motor.

the_momo
Car: 1997 VW Golf K2 (His)/ 2001 Black Lexus IS300 (Hers)

imho 400 isnt bad for custom work. you could probably get some more work done while he's at it. and there is always more work. good luck either way.

Blown240sx

The only thing Im affraid of doing is the mounts because the angles and everything have to be right on so the motor doesnt bind up the drive shaft or the shifter wont line in the hole or the motor is tilted.

Cutting the Cross member and having my good friend weld it is no problem. Beating out the fire wall is no biggy. Im just nervous about the mounts.

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

Blown240sx wrote:The only thing Im affraid of doing is the mounts because the angles and everything have to be right on so the motor doesnt bind up the drive shaft or the shifter wont line in the hole or the motor is tilted.

Cutting the Cross member and having my good friend weld it is no problem. Beating out the fire wall is no biggy. Im just nervous about the mounts.
Make them yourself. The driveshaft can be off a couple of degrees and be just fine. Trust me, you'll know if it's not in there close enough.

http://carshop.carshopinc.com/...648cc

^ I modified those to work. Your imagination is the limit. I've already seen about 5 or 6 different types of mounts for 240s w/ LSX's. One guy just modifed the stock KA mounts.

Blown240sx

That link is a life saver. I feel confident in making the mounts now. I was worried about keeping the engine level but this cuts out the guess work.

cnichols

I used an engine hoist w/ an adjustable leveler to place it where I wanted it, and made adjustments with a jack and piece of wood under the oil pan and another jack under the tranny. I also made sure I had the headers and driveshaft from Hinson first to take the guess work out of the placement (front to back), and the oil pan will pretty much tell you what height you can put it at.

But, I better tell you beforehand...this swap is a pain in the *** sometimes, but I think it will be well worth it.

Blown240sx

What oil pan did you use? Im guessing GTO since its required...?

Also what pains did you run into? Brandon said you should be able to help me if I have any issues.

cnichols

Yes, GTO Pan...make sure you get the pickup tube with it and you will need a new dipstick as well.

The original dipstick was block mounted in the rear for the rear sump F-body pan. The GTO has it's own dipstick hole in the pan itself. You will need to block off the old hole. I bought a rubber plug, drilled a small hole in it and screwed a little stainless allen head bolt to expand it once it was in the hole.

Pains in the ***...just the numerous times you'll have to pull the motor in and out, the million trips to get parts, the blow to the bank account. For most, it won't be near as painful, but I'm too much of a perfectionist to take the easy route.

It started out fine, but soon I was spending $130 on high quality wire loom that was Nomex, Fiberglass insulated, etc. to run over every wire/line that was even near one of the headers. I just went a little overboard to ensure that once it's running, it stays that way on anything that I have control over. If you're not as anal as me, it won't be near as bad.

Blown240sx

I like cleanliness but I can live with a little ghetto fab work.

Return to “Hybrids”