Motor mount

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Maxcruiser
Car: 01 Maxima

Have a broken anchor 5th gen mount. I broke it installing it. It was cast aluminum and cracked.
Id like to remove the rubber and reinstall it into the old mount.
Is this possible to press out the old rubber with metal cylinder then press new one in?

EdBwoy

Can you post a picture of the specific mount? I know the bottom ones on the crossmember are sort of molded onto the metal casing and the whole intention is to have the rubber stuck to the metal to damp the engine vibrations. Pressing it in and out will effectively result in a torn bushing.
If it is the top one on the timing cover or trans, then those just hold the drivetrain up and I suspect might be more forgiving. A picture will definitely help though.

Maxcruiser
Car: 01 Maxima

I wound up buying the Anchor 9031. Before I did remove the actual rubber from the original & broken mount.
I dont have a press so I just ordered a new mount.
The 9031 fit great. It was suggested on another online maxima commuity.
I got it at Parts Geek for $35 shipped.

guido1
Car: 1996 Infiniti I30

I did.t read the entire string so bear with me. I have a 96 I30 and I seriously needed to replace ALL the motor mounts. I replaced the side mounts (or front and rear) and there was a big problem finding the right ones since the one I got from the local parts store for the front mount was WRONG and they could not figure it out. I got the right one, from of all places AutoZone for $130 (ouch!) then afterwards found that I could get the whole set of 4 on the E bay for about $65 because the front one has the wire. OK, this is where it gets interesting because while shopping the Bay looking for right fender and transaxle mounts I noticed that ALL of them were steel plates with the round mount insert simply welded onto them and they don;t look original at all, they look like CRAPand I wanted to retain the OEM ALUMINUM brackets instead. SO, I actually found a seller on that site selling the round inserts and for my year and model they are the same exact part so I got two of them for about $23. THen, while I had the engine crossmember out I poured Shore 50 black Polyurethane into the front and rear, waited a few days while I was waiting for the inserts to show up so they could cure. Then installed the front and rear and then removed the last one that was still in the car, the trans mount and filled the two new inserts with the shore 50 liquid poly and then ran them down to the local auto repair shop and they charged me $45 to press the old ones out and press the new ones in. Once done I went home and reinstalled them and now I have all new mounts, filled solid and retained the original look of the OEM Aluminum brackets. Now, I Did see on the selling site that they have replacement mounts for newer models of I30 that are aluminum that look just like mine, but the fitment thingy kept saying they wouldn.t work. They look identical in the picture, but might be a different angle or something on the mounting surface, I just didn.t want to spend the $40 to get one and find out what the difference was. With my luck they are identicle except for the shape of the rubber inside the round insert lol. Anyway, the short answer is YES, it can be done, especially if you have an older Max or I30 and really hate the ugly, tacky, cheesy all metal looks of the crappy aftermarket left and right side mounts.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”