Most miles on your CVT

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
YipMan_Style

I read I think everything I need to know about CVT. Good & Bad. I also read that some 1st gen Murano owners have problems with it, as it was the "first" time CVT was used as the "main" transmission. The problem was a "delay" when you step on it. It happens after like 75K miles. Not sure if it's mechanical or electronics.

That was then.

I know CVT is still new to the Altima. What is the most miles you got on the CVT? Problems to note? As much as I like to believe I'm going to keep the car for 200K+ miles, my past history doesn't turn out that way.

TIA

Idok
Car: 2007 Altima 2.5 S/2008 2.5 coupe

I've got 23000 on mine (07 2.5) no problems yet. There IS a delay when shifting into D or R but that is not a problem, just the way it was designed. I was just looking at the maintenance section and trying to decide if I should follow the "severe service" schedule Nissan has and have the fluid changed at 30K. So far I am using the "normal" schedule and doing 6000 mile oil changes.

cartersaltima
Car: 2007 altima sedan

wait you get your oil changed every 6k miles? Isnt it every 3k miles or 3 months whichever comes first? Please correct me if im wrong. lol.

Idok
Car: 2007 Altima 2.5 S/2008 2.5 coupe

cartersaltima wrote:wait you get your oil changed every 6k miles? Isnt it every 3k miles or 3 months whichever comes first? Please correct me if im wrong. lol.
3 Thousand miles is for severe service (lots of stop and go, short trips etc). For "normal" service the change interval is 7500 miles. My driving is about 85% highway which is not as hard on the engine/oil. It takes about 1 hour to get to work so the engine gets fully warm 5 days a week and all the condensation gets burned off. My last oil analysis showed every thing was good and I still had more than half of the additive package available, no fuel dilation of the oil etc. I also run a synthetic oil which helps.I still have my 02 Camry (the famous sludging V-6 engine) and it is doing fine at 100K miles and I followed the same program. It seems to work for me

ssjones
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan

29k on my '08 bought in December. I read somewhere there were Altima taxi cabs in Denver with over 200k on them. Never verified that story.Surely someone is approaching 100k on this list?

YipMan_Style

ssjones wrote:29k on my '08 bought in December. I read somewhere there were Altima taxi cabs in Denver with over 200k on them. Never verified that story.Surely someone is approaching 100k on this list?
200K on a 07-08? And CVT? Just want to confirm what you read. Not looking for proof, just trying to understand your statement.

ssjones
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan

YipMan_Style wrote:200K on a 07-08? And CVT? Just want to confirm what you read. Not looking for proof, just trying to understand your statement.
Like I said, not verified. Someone on a Nissan board made the statement back when I was first investigating the Altima to replace my Accord, November-ish.

If someone lives in/near the Denver area, that would be interesting to make a call and find out. I saw some Altima cabs in NYC in February, but they were 08's.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”