Moss to Vikings

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
vikesfankevin1986
Car: 1995 300ZX TT

I am excited as hell. I have been mad every year since the Vikings got rid of him. I think this is what the Vikings needed. Man in a few weeks the Vikings will we working with...
Brett Favre
Randy Moss
Sidney Rice
Percy Harvin
Visanthe Shiancoe
Adrian Peterson

Even without Rice...it's going to be a long day Jets.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:I am excited as hell. I have been mad every year since the Vikings got rid of him. I think this is what the Vikings needed. Man in a few weeks the Vikings will we working with...
Brett Favre
Randy Moss
Sidney Rice
Percy Harvin
Visanthe Shiancoe
Adrian Peterson

Even without Rice...it's going to be a long day Jets.
It could just as easily be a long day for the vikes.
There's a reason Belichik let Moss go for almost nothing. IMHO as physically gifted as Moss is, his locker room poison baggage he brings along with that talent will not necessarily make the team better.

I suspect with such a deep roster of talent on the Vikes, it may not take long until Moss begins whining about his not getting the ball enough. Remember two letters: T.O.

The Jets are supposed to get back both Revis and Santonio this game, and Sidney Rice is hobbling. With Favre still rusty, I think the J-e-t-s jets jets jets might surprise them and win.

vikesfankevin1986

As of right now the Vikings only have Moss for a year. Favre isn't throwing the ball to anyone. Moss will get the ball. The Vikings are trying to win now, not in a couple of years.

Edit: Also Moss is no T.O. and Moss actually catches the ball. And why not throw the ball to him every time. How many times does he need to catch the ball in double and triple coverage before you just throw it to him every time. If the Vikings are winning, he will be fine.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:As of right now the Vikings only have Moss for a year. Favre isn't throwing the ball to anyone. Moss will get the ball. The Vikings are trying to win now, not in a couple of years.

Edit: Also Moss is no T.O. and Moss actually catches the ball. And why not throw the ball to him every time. How many times does he need to catch the ball in double and triple coverage before you just throw it to him every time. If the Vikings are winning, he will be fine.
I think TO and Moss are more alike than you'd admit. Both come off as self centered prima donnas. TO is a 6 time pro bowler, (Moss is 7?), you don;t accomplish that by playing badly. Where they differ? TO never had problems with the law (Moss has), If TO was unhappy, he did not tank plays or loaf (Moss did, even admitted it). If you recall, the Vikes got rid of Moss while he was in his prime. You might want to reflect on why they did that.

I understand why the Vikes took a chance on him. His contract is expiring, so there's little financial risk, and they're risking he'll be smart enough to audition for his next contract by playing well. But that's not definite given his behavior in New England.
PErsonally I think the Vikes have bigger problems. They have talented receivers, plus one of the best running backs in the league, yet Favre is not playing well. I don't think adding another wide receiver is the answer.

RCA

Bubba1 wrote:It could just as easily be a long day for the vikes.
There's a reason Belichik let Moss go for almost nothing. IMHO as physically gifted as Moss is, his locker room poison baggage he brings along with that talent will not necessarily make the team better.

I suspect with such a deep roster of talent on the Vikes, it may not take long until Moss begins whining about his not getting the ball enough. Remember two letters: T.O.

The Jets are supposed to get back both Revis and Santonio this game, and Sidney Rice is hobbling. With Favre still rusty, I think the J-e-t-s jets jets jets might surprise them and win.
I couldn't disagree more.

Moss is all business; he wants a championship not BS. He had issues in the past but he has matured and I wouldn't expect any issues from Moss unless he isn't winning. I think it is a perfect fit in Minnesota. As for the Pats, you don't know why they let him go, no one knows why. The Pats are the most intriguing team in football; they do strange things and make weird moves. But they traded Maroney because BenJarvus Green-Ellis is an absolute monster and those picks they picked up will end up as great NFL players. I learned to NEVER question the Pats and Bill Belichick, they make magic in the draft. My guess is they are loving what Danny Woodhead is bringing to the table and they felt like this was a good move to get as much value for Moss as possible.

As for the Jet's surprising them, I think the Vikings are the underdogs here. Outside of the greatest catch of the year, Moss didn't do anything VS the Jets so I wouldn't expect Moss to have a great game. The only issue I have is this; Vikings have a great run defense so the Jets probably won't be able to run affectively. Sanchez has to win the game and I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. It's going to be a good game either way.

EDIT:
After watching ESPN, Adam Sheftner said that Moss was open to being traded in the beginning of the season and he also stated this would be his last year as a Pat. But now because of this trade, the Pats have two picks in the first 4 round of the 2011 draft. In 2011 the NFL is going to put a hard-cap on Rookie salaries so they are going to be able to aquire 8 quality picks for dirt cheap in 2011. Genius!!!

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

RCA wrote:I couldn't disagree more.

Moss is all business; he wants a championship not BS. He had issues in the past but he has matured and I wouldn't expect any issues from Moss unless he isn't winning. I think it is a perfect fit in Minnesota. As for the Pats, you don't know why they let him go, no one knows why. The Pats are the most intriguing team in football; they do strange things and make weird moves. But they traded Maroney because BenJarvus Green-Ellis is an absolute monster and those picks they picked up will end up as great NFL players. I learned to NEVER question the Pats and Bill Belichick, they make magic in the draft. My guess is they are loving what Danny Woodhead is bringing to the table and they felt like this was a good move to get as much value for Moss as possible.

As for the Jet's surprising them, I think the Vikings are the underdogs here. Outside of the greatest catch of the year, Moss didn't do anything VS the Jets so I wouldn't expect Moss to have a great game. The only issue I have is this; Vikings have a great run defense so the Jets probably won't be able to run affectively. Sanchez has to win the game and I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. It's going to be a good game either way.

EDIT:
After watching ESPN, Adam Sheftner said that Moss was open to being traded in the beginning of the season and he also stated this would be his last year as a Pat. But now because of this trade, the Pats have two picks in the first 4 round of the 2011 draft. In 2011 the NFL is going to put a hard-cap on Rookie salaries so they are going to be able to aquire 8 quality picks for dirt cheap in 2011. Genius!!!

Moss was not all "business" when he played for the Vikes the last time, If you recall, they got rid of him after some rather unprofessional behavior on his part. His whining to the press again as a Patriot provides some evidence that he has NOT matured.

I'm mildly surprised the Vikes are taking him back. IMHO they have other needs to address before adding another wide receiver.

RCA

Bubba1 wrote:Moss was not all "business" when he played for the Vikes the last time, If you recall, they got rid of him after some rather unprofessional behavior on his part. His whining to the press again as a Patriot provides some evidence that he has NOT matured.

I'm mildly surprised the Vikes are taking him back. IMHO they have other needs to address before adding another wide receiver.
He wasn't whining to the press; before the season started he said this would be his last year as a Patriot. And the trade talks were between him and Pat organization. Like I said, he has grown up and wants a ring.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

RCA wrote:[
He wasn't whining to the press; before the season started he said this would be his last year as a Patriot. And the trade talks were between him and Pat organization. Like I said, he has grown up and wants a ring.
Uh, what player doesn't want a ring? It's not surprising Moss said (TO THE PRESS) this would be his last year with NE. This is his final year of his contract. Most players considered valuable get signed to extensions before going into that final year. That did not happen with Moss. Again, you might want to ask why.

RCA

Bubba1 wrote:Uh, what player doesn't want a ring? It's not surprising Moss said (TO THE PRESS) this would be his last year with NE. This is his final year of his contract. Most players considered valuable get signed to extensions before going into that final year. That did not happen with Moss. Again, you might want to ask why.
Players are about the money first and foremost. Just look at the free agency. Look at Asomaha from the Raiders; he took tons of money instead of taking less and going to a Super Bowl contender. It happens with 99% of players; it's only the older players that are willing to take a pay cut to go to a winner. As for Moss and the press, what he was saying is that no matter what the Pats pay him, he wants to go to another team.

The Patriots aren't any other NFL team. IDK why you think that they let him go because he is damaged goods. They win with nobodies. Remember that stud who went in the 6th round from Michigan; yeah they started him than let go Bledsoe. Because Bledsoe was bad? Haha, he went on to throw for 4359 yards and 24 TDs. Again, you can't question the Patriots moves, you never know why they do what they do, but it always makes them a better team.

Another example:
A small time schools CB which the Pats drafted in the 2003 NFL Draft / Round: 4 / Pick: 120

In a two year span he had 16 ints then the next year he was allowed to go to. The Pats are a revolving door of all business and no messing around. They are the exact opposite of the Vikings. Moss is a calulated move which will help in the draft. It doesn't have to do with Moss' skills or attitude.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Yes, I think it's pretty obvious NE let Moss go because he was "damaged goods". He gave up and acted childishly. If you'll notice Belichick barely called any plays involving what is supposed to be one of the best receivers in the league. Why is that? Hell, Derrell Revis even noted that in the second half of the Pat-Jet game, Moss was a nonfactor because he gave up. Once Moss gave up, I'm sure Belichick wanted him outta there immediately.

You are right, the Patriots run a very tight ship, and mutineers (or those that no longer produce or try their best) don't stay long. As I said earlier, in a contract year, players usually play extra hard to get that next contract. Moss is doing the opposite. And you'll notice Belichick unloaded him after just 4 games. Once again, the question is WHY?

I don't think you make sense with "Moss is a calculated move which will help in the draft". For the Vikes, the way to help your team in the draft is to do worse during the season in order to get a higher draft pick. Well, the Vikes didn't sign Moss to make their record worse in order to grab a higher draft pick. They also can't trade Moss for much as his contract expires at the end of the season. No, I think the Vikes saw little risk and signed him as a short term hired gun at a cheap price. I doubt he'll be there next season, especially if he continues to only play hard when he feels like it.
For the Pats, they got a couple upper round picks for a hall of fame caliber player. that's chump change. That was no draft strategy, Belichick wanted Moss outta there immediately. Huge difference.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

An amusing update. It appears The Vikings just released Randy Moss. Dang, it didn't takelong for his locker room poison to make the Vikings management dump him. I read the Dolphins, Jets, and Seahawks might be interested.

vikesfankevin1986

Bubba1 wrote:An amusing update. It appears The Vikings just released Randy Moss. Dang, it didn't takelong for his locker room poison to make the Vikings management dump him. I read the Dolphins, Jets, and Seahawks might be interested.
Randy didn't posion the locker room...CHILDRESS did. I don't think you are taking into consideration that Vikings management is garbage. The coach has always been garbage. He hates Favre and doesn't know how to use Peterson. I hope they fire Childress. This is not Randy's fault.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:
Bubba1 wrote:An amusing update. It appears The Vikings just released Randy Moss. Dang, it didn't takelong for his locker room poison to make the Vikings management dump him. I read the Dolphins, Jets, and Seahawks might be interested.
Randy didn't posion the locker room...CHILDRESS did. I don't think you are taking into consideration that Vikings management is garbage. The coach has always been garbage. He hates Favre and doesn't know how to use Peterson. I hope they fire Childress. This is not Randy's fault.
I dunno about that. Two different teams in the course of a month (not just Childress) got rid of Mr. Moss despite hall of fame credentials. Moss clearly has some responsibility. I also didn't hear this venom toward Childress last season when the Vikes were doing well.

UpStar
Car: Y34,CLK500,ML350,H2 Hummer & they all have a spot in the garage.

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:

I though Shanahan made the dumbest move of the week by pulling Donavan, but I was wrong. :slap:
Childress is a piece of sheit coach. I’m just as upset with the $25,000 fine that the NFL issued to Randy because he refused to talk to the media. WTF. There is no way that they would've done that to a Tom, Drew or a Tony. FCUK the NFL! I hope the players strike!! :dblthumb:

vikesfankevin1986

Bubba1 wrote: I dunno about that. Two different teams in the course of a month (not just Childress) got rid of Mr. Moss despite hall of fame credentials. Moss clearly has some responsibility. I also didn't hear this venom toward Childress last season when the Vikes were doing well.
You didn't hear about Childress bitching about Favre last year? If you didn't hear about that you wern't paying attention. Childress got an extension because of Favre. Of course someone isn't going to talk bad when they are winning but a couple years ago they started websites to fire Childress.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:
Bubba1 wrote: I dunno about that. Two different teams in the course of a month (not just Childress) got rid of Mr. Moss despite hall of fame credentials. Moss clearly has some responsibility. I also didn't hear this venom toward Childress last season when the Vikes were doing well.
You didn't hear about Childress bitching about Favre last year? If you didn't hear about that you wern't paying attention. Childress got an extension because of Favre. Of course someone isn't going to talk bad when they are winning but a couple years ago they started websites to fire Childress.
Sorry, I don't follow the other teams as closely as the NFC East. Childress is not the only coach to get rewards when they win, and petitions to get fired when they lose. Such is the way with the NFL. Heck Andy Reid is the Iggle's best coach in their history, yet the fans routinely call for his head every other week. The guy has faults, but his track record speaks for itself. Interms of winning percentages, Reid is 11th best in NFL history and for active coaches, trails only Belichick.

I wonder why everyone is beating up Childress so badly, yet Favre, whose appears to be completing more passes to opposing players than his own, seems to be getting a free pass this season because of his past history. What good is that iron-man consecutive game record if your passer rating is among the worst in the league.

Dees2Fast240us

First off, I am not a Vikings fan, I am a Favre fan. I am happy they got rid of Moss, he's just another Owens! Good riddens!! No player should feel as if they are better then the rest of his team. the NFL is not about one player on one team, its about the team! If you cant deal with being pleasant with your own team and coaches, you dont deserve to play, PERIOD!!!

Second of all, Reid is a good coach but he makes mistakes, BIG ones at that! He let his best QB go last year and I will never let him forget that! Kolb sucks big ones and he thinks hes gonna bring him to the Superbowl?! HA!! Aint going to happen! IDK what Redskins were thinking when they benched McNabb... that just pisses me off, but its fine, just more time for McNabb to rest and think about the upcoming games!

If you cant tell, I am an Eagles fan but I will follow my QB til he leaves the league. :)

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Dees2Fast240us wrote:First off, I am not a Vikings fan, I am a Favre fan. I am happy they got rid of Moss, he's just another Owens! Good riddens!! No player should feel as if they are better then the rest of his team. the NFL is not about one player on one team, its about the team! If you cant deal with being pleasant with your own team and coaches, you dont deserve to play, PERIOD!!!

Second of all, Reid is a good coach but he makes mistakes, BIG ones at that! He let his best QB go last year and I will never let him forget that! Kolb sucks big ones and he thinks hes gonna bring him to the Superbowl?! HA!! Aint going to happen! IDK what Redskins were thinking when they benched McNabb... that just pisses me off, but its fine, just more time for McNabb to rest and think about the upcoming games!

If you cant tell, I am an Eagles fan but I will follow my QB til he leaves the league. :)
As a Giants fan, I enjoy when Reid makes his mistakes. But as far as his letting his best QB go, that remains to be seen. McNabb is not having a great season thus far, and Kolb has started a total of maybe 7-8 games over 2 years? That's still considered a rookie, buddy. You Iggle fans have no patience. I think Kolb could develop into a very good QB if the Iggles upgraded their offensive line a little.

Dees2Fast240us

I dont think Kolb has what it takes at all! Hes doing OK now, not great! McNabb isnt perfect but he needs a good offense to help him out! Him and Westbrook together were great! They need to just let Vick play, he is so much better than Kolb will ever be! The NFL has to make a choice, get rid of Vick all together or let him effing play! Its not even fair to his fans that he can play like 4 times a year! This is his chance to shine now that McNabb is gone, but they arent letting him!

timmy0257
Car: 08 Infiniti G35 Journey 5AT
-R2C Intake
-interior LEDs w/ tag lights
-SBD grounding kit
-TBW engine cover
-Eibach Pro-kit
-JL Audio

Future Mods include GT-Spec strut bar & more.

Bubba1 wrote:
Dees2Fast240us wrote:First off, I am not a Vikings fan, I am a Favre fan. I am happy they got rid of Moss, he's just another Owens! Good riddens!! No player should feel as if they are better then the rest of his team. the NFL is not about one player on one team, its about the team! If you cant deal with being pleasant with your own team and coaches, you dont deserve to play, PERIOD!!!

As a Giants fan, I enjoy when Reid makes his mistakes. But as far as his letting his best QB go, that remains to be seen. McNabb is not having a great season thus far, and Kolb has started a total of maybe 7-8 games over 2 years? That's still considered a rookie, buddy. You Iggle fans have no patience. I think Kolb could develop into a very good QB if the Iggles upgraded their offensive line a little.
:mike GIANTS!!

RCA

Bubba1 wrote:Yes, I think it's pretty obvious NE let Moss go because he was "damaged goods". He gave up and acted childishly.
It seems as if you were right. Well done good sir.

Also if the Pats some how get Moss back, this will be the most epic trade of all time. A free 3rd round pick :rotfl :rotfl

vikesfankevin1986

Bubba1 wrote:Sorry, I don't follow the other teams as closely as the NFC East. Childress is not the only coach to get rewards when they win, and petitions to get fired when they lose. Such is the way with the NFL. Heck Andy Reid is the Iggle's best coach in their history, yet the fans routinely call for his head every other week. The guy has faults, but his track record speaks for itself. Interms of winning percentages, Reid is 11th best in NFL history and for active coaches, trails only Belichick.

I wonder why everyone is beating up Childress so badly, yet Favre, whose appears to be completing more passes to opposing players than his own, seems to be getting a free pass this season because of his past history. What good is that iron-man consecutive game record if your passer rating is among the worst in the league.
Here is why everyone hates Childress...
He comes to the team from Philli and is supposed to be an offensive mastermind but he runs the most boring offense I have ever seen. Everything is an X and O to him. Peterson is just another X. You can't treat Peterson like an X. If that's the case lets just get some middle of the pack running back. His play calling is horrible. I know because I see it every game. I mean how many times are you going to run it on 3rd and 5? I feel like every run that Peterson doesn't break goes for 0-2 yards but every other team's running back falls foward for like 6. Why doesn't he call those kind of plays? Why did he not put Chester Taylor in the game at the same time as Peterson. How would you feel as a LB if you say Taylor and Peterson next to eachother? plus he won't let Peterson run more than like 20 times a game.

I will give Childress credit that he is AMAZING at drafting players but that is the only thing he is good for. He doesn't know how to use them. The only bad draft pick was Jackson. Childress thought he was going to be the next McNabb. He wasn't...but in stead of getting over it and moving on he keeps his little boy to around. When they though Jackson might not be a starter who did they go out and get...That's right Sage Rosenfel. Was he really the only QB out there. So Jackson and Sage? Neither of those guys could start for a team not to mention one that is going to the superbowl.

But oh s*** here comes Brett Favre. He starts leading the team to an amazing season. He gets an extension. Then he gets on my nerves because he is bitching with Favre and they are not agreeing on things (This is 1 hall of famer arguing with Chilly.) After a good season the Vikings again fail to get a real QB and go down to Mississippi and beg Brett back. He comes back and the Vikings are sucking it up this year.

Now I agree that Farve is not doing well this year but I am biting the bullet because I wanted him back too and I thought he was the best option BUT as you stated Favre should be benched. Who's job is it to bench players? Oh that's right the COACH.
The Vikings trade a 3rd rounder for a hall of fame WR. I thought we were going to be back to the Cunninham/Moss days. I thought we would see tons of long passes that opened up the middle. But they hardly threw the ball to Moss. Raise you hand if you know Randy gets annoyed when he doesn't get the ball...I'm guessing all hands are up. But apparently they don't have enough sense to throw him the f*** ball. Who calls the plays? COACH.

Who didn't challenge the TD by the Packers? The Coach. That would have been over turned. Chilly is horrible at challenging and running the 2 minute drill. He has f*** that up more times. They have taken more knees. I get a 1st down and have around 50 seconds to go and they also have Randy Moss. So they knee the ball. I don't get it...why did they get Moss? They obviously got him for the sole purpose of stretching the field to hit Harvin in the middle. Apparently no one on the Vikings staff had ever watched ESPN or Pats game. If they had they would have noticed that when you use Randy that way and don't throw him the ball he gets cranky. If you don't believe me see Randy's last couple weeks with the Pats.

Chilly is mad because Randy is telling him he is wrong (Oh thats HoFer number 2 that doesn't agree with Childress.) Then Randy praises the Pats organization because he realizes how good he actually had it there and how good that organization really is. Randy is RIGHT in what he said. Why is it that the Pats are ALWAYS good? Maybe it has something to do with the coach and the management.

Chilly gets butt hurt because Randy is right, AGAIN, and lets everyone know it. So what does he do? He cuts a future HoF WR WITHOUT TALKING TO OWNERSHIP. Wait the coach cut they player they gave up a 3rd round pick for without asking!?!?

Who the f*** would want Childress as their coach?
Here is something else to think about...
Current HC-Brad Childress
Last HC-Mike Tice...need I say more?
HC prior to Tice-Dennis Green-Through his first six years with the team, Green never posted a losing record and the team failed to qualify for the playoffs only once. The high point of Green's Vikings career was the 1998 season, when the team went 15–1 and set the NFL record for the most points scored in a season (the 2007 New England Patriots under Bill Belichick currently hold this record). The Vikings advanced to the NFC Championship game, losing to the Atlanta Falcons in overtime.
In 2001, the Vikings finished with a losing record for the first time in Green's decade with the team. The Vikings bought out Green's contract on January 4, 2002.

Former OC-Brian Billick(won SB)
Former DC-Tony Dungy (won SB)
Former DC-Mike Tomlin (won SB)

Der der der here is an idea HIRE FROM WITHIN.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:[
Here is why everyone hates Childress...
He comes to the team from Philli and is supposed to be an offensive mastermind but he runs the most boring offense I have ever seen. Everything is an X and O to him. Peterson is just another X. You can't treat Peterson like an X. If that's the case lets just get some middle of the pack running back. His play calling is horrible. I know because I see it every game. I mean how many times are you going to run it on 3rd and 5? I feel like every run that Peterson doesn't break goes for 0-2 yards but every other team's running back falls foward for like 6. Why doesn't he call those kind of plays? Why did he not put Chester Taylor in the game at the same time as Peterson. How would you feel as a LB if you say Taylor and Peterson next to eachother? plus he won't let Peterson run more than like 20 times a game.

I will give Childress credit that he is AMAZING at drafting players but that is the only thing he is good for. He doesn't know how to use them. The only bad draft pick was Jackson. Childress thought he was going to be the next McNabb. He wasn't...but in stead of getting over it and moving on he keeps his little boy to around. When they though Jackson might not be a starter who did they go out and get...That's right Sage Rosenfel. Was he really the only QB out there. So Jackson and Sage? Neither of those guys could start for a team not to mention one that is going to the superbowl.

But oh s*** here comes Brett Favre. He starts leading the team to an amazing season. He gets an extension. Then he gets on my nerves because he is bitching with Favre and they are not agreeing on things (This is 1 hall of famer arguing with Chilly.) After a good season the Vikings again fail to get a real QB and go down to Mississippi and beg Brett back. He comes back and the Vikings are sucking it up this year.

Now I agree that Farve is not doing well this year but I am biting the bullet because I wanted him back too and I thought he was the best option BUT as you stated Favre should be benched. Who's job is it to bench players? Oh that's right the COACH.
The Vikings trade a 3rd rounder for a hall of fame WR. I thought we were going to be back to the Cunninham/Moss days. I thought we would see tons of long passes that opened up the middle. But they hardly threw the ball to Moss. Raise you hand if you know Randy gets annoyed when he doesn't get the ball...I'm guessing all hands are up. But apparently they don't have enough sense to throw him the f**king ball. Who calls the plays? COACH.

Who didn't challenge the TD by the Packers? The Coach. That would have been over turned. Chilly is horrible at challenging and running the 2 minute drill. He has f***ed that up more times. They have taken more knees. I get a 1st down and have around 50 seconds to go and they also have Randy Moss. So they knee the ball. I don't get it...why did they get Moss? They obviously got him for the sole purpose of stretching the field to hit Harvin in the middle. Apparently no one on the Vikings staff had ever watched ESPN or Pats game. If they had they would have noticed that when you use Randy that way and don't throw him the ball he gets cranky. If you don't believe me see Randy's last couple weeks with the Pats.

Chilly is mad because Randy is telling him he is wrong (Oh thats HoFer number 2 that doesn't agree with Childress.) Then Randy praises the Pats organization because he realizes how good he actually had it there and how good that organization really is. Randy is RIGHT in what he said. Why is it that the Pats are ALWAYS good? Maybe it has something to do with the coach and the management.

Chilly gets butt hurt because Randy is right, AGAIN, and lets everyone know it. So what does he do? He cuts a future HoF WR WITHOUT TALKING TO OWNERSHIP. Wait the coach cut they player they gave up a 3rd round pick for without asking!?!?

Who the f*** would want Childress as their coach?
Here is something else to think about...
Current HC-Brad Childress
Last HC-Mike Tice...need I say more?
HC prior to Tice-Dennis Green-Through his first six years with the team, Green never posted a losing record and the team failed to qualify for the playoffs only once. The high point of Green's Vikings career was the 1998 season, when the team went 15–1 and set the NFL record for the most points scored in a season (the 2007 New England Patriots under Bill Belichick currently hold this record). The Vikings advanced to the NFC Championship game, losing to the Atlanta Falcons in overtime.
In 2001, the Vikings finished with a losing record for the first time in Green's decade with the team. The Vikings bought out Green's contract on January 4, 2002.

Former OC-Brian Billick(won SB)
Former DC-Tony Dungy (won SB)
Former DC-Mike Tomlin (won SB)

Der der der here is an idea HIRE FROM WITHIN.
I think if you remove the emotion from your evaluation, there's a reason why the ownership supports Chilly. I just looked up his record as Vikes HC until this season. They've done nothing but IMPROVE under his watch.

2006 6-10 3rd place. pretty much with Tice's squad
2007 8-8 2nd place NFC North
2008 10-6 won NFC North, lost wild card to Iggles
2009 12-4 won NFC North, division, lost to Saints in NFC Championship game

Now look at this season, a much tougher non-division schedule, Favre sits out camp to extort money, then gets injured and plays like crap, other playmakers end up injured. and you guys want to blame the coach? Geez, sounds like Philadelphia.

Where I see Childress making an error is catering to fan pressure to keep starting a very popular Favre despite his being a liability. Favre needs to sit down, STFU and get healthy again before returning to the lineup. Sorry about your record, Brett, but football is a team sport. Jackson won't be able to prove his value until he gets some playing time THIS season. He should be starting. The fans want Favre? Well, they got what they asked for. You don't win many games behind one of the lowest rated QB's.

You might agree with Moss' public gripes about the Vikes coaching staff, but that kind of mutiny gets you fired immediately in the NFL.That's exactly why Belichick dumped him last month. You'd think Moss might have figured that out by now after getting dumped twice in a month?? Evidently not. He needs to STFU and follow orders.

Sorry. I understand it's a tough year for the Vikes, but the Vikes have more problems than their head coach.

vikesfankevin1986

I know that Childress improved his record each year but he was disliked every single year. His record could have been better than what it was. There has not been a single year when the locals and Vikings fans have not wanted his head. Last year I give all the credit to Favre and none to Childress. I think Childress is a s*** coach that has been over achieving because it is hard to argue that the Vikings don't have the most tallented team in football. s*** coaches can have a few good seasons before it implodes. Look at Dallas. They are in the same boat. Tons of tallent but a s*** coach.
Yes Moss does need to STFU but I still don't blame him. I blame the Vikings organization.

Let me ask you this. What was their record before they picked up Moss? I wanted Favre and he isn't performing so I will bite that one. BUT like you said Favre is playing like crap and whose job is it to bench someone? The COACH.
You have to agree with 1 of these 2 things...
1. Favre is the sole reason the Vikings blow in which case it is the coaches job to bench him. Childress does not cater to the public and never has. If he did he wouldn't have waived Moss.
2. The Vikings are doing back because it's a team effort. The OL sucks. The DL isn't getting any sacks. The run game is average at best and the pass game is horrible. If everyone is worse than last year whose fault is it? It's the coach's fault. It's the same situation in Dallas. I don't see people blaming Romo for it. I see them blaming the coach.

Yes it is a tougher schedule but IMO the Vikings were the best team in football last year so they should be able to handle anyone. You put up last years Vikings team against the teams they played this year it would be a joke.
They lost to the Saints 14-9. If the Vikings were half the team they were last year they would have won this game.
Miami 14-10. Same
Jets 29-20. I still think this game would be close but the Vikings could have won this year. Last years team would have stomped them
Packers 28-24. If Chilly challenges that TD GB loses a TD and if the refs made the right call with Shiancoe that's a TD for the Vikings. That should have been a win this year. Oh and thank you NFL for saying your sorry about the Shiancoe TD. I mean it is the EXACT way you want someone to catch a ball. Sorry doesn't give us a win.
There is no reason the Vikings shouldn't be 5-2 or 6-1 or even 7-0.

Yeah it's f*** frustrating this year but being a Vikings fan I have seen a lot of games and I know the way Childress works. You should sit down and actually watch a ton of Vikings games from seasons prior to last and you will agree with me. You also don't hear the local media.
Either way the VIKINGS begged Favre back.
The VIKINGS traded a 3rd round pick for Moss knowing his history and the VIKINGS released him.
Finally the VIKINGS are 2-5.
The organization and the coach are the problem. If a player isn't doing well, don't play him. I'm pretty sure Childress made the decision to start Favre every game and I'm pretty sure Childress did not make an attempt to get a QB other than Jackson.

vikesfankevin1986

And I will say it is frustrating. I don't mind not having a good team but when they are supposed to do well that is a whole nother story. The Vikings aren't like the Colts. The Colts are there every year. The Vikings have 1 shot every 10 years and it stings that much more when it doesn't happen. Especially when the Vikings were the best team in football. In 98 the Vikings were the best team and IMO they were the best team last year. They could have should have would have beat Saints last year and done the same thing to the Colts.
I can actually have fun watching a team when I don't expect anything out of them. I loved the hell out of the Gophers game this weekend. I was laughing my a** off as they were getting killed by OS. I'm sure that's how detroit fans feel. They are expected to lose so when they win its a great feeling.
I probably won't even watch the game this week. I know what's going to happen already...
Favre/Jackson will manage not to complete any passes to the same f*** recievers they had last year (minus Rice) and Chilly will manage to rush Peterson around 15-20 times where he will get 0-2 yards a rush until he breaks a couple for 10-15 yards.
Oh getting losing Chester Taylor SUCKS too. I'm glad he's having fun sitting on the Bears bench getting used less than he was in MN. f*** u Chester.

timmy0257
Car: 08 Infiniti G35 Journey 5AT
-R2C Intake
-interior LEDs w/ tag lights
-SBD grounding kit
-TBW engine cover
-Eibach Pro-kit
-JL Audio

Future Mods include GT-Spec strut bar & more.

:insert soap-box smiley:

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

You're very much like a Philly fan. You're so much harder on your own team than your opponents are. And when things go wrong, you blame management before players. Your Vikes have some key playmaker injuries this year. With such parity in the league, it doesn't take much to fall from the top. this is the first season since Chilly's arrival that the team did not improve, and it's explainable. That same swagger and trust that Favre brought to the team last year is killing them this season because he's playing like crap.
As I said earlier, you don't win many games when your QB plays poorly. Clearly Childress thought Favre would improve. You likely did too. Favre needs to sit down.

Childress' good track record cannot be disputed. A lot of other teams would gladly hire a coach with those stats. Add to that that he just got a 5 yr contract extension, so I'm not so sure he's leaving anytime soon.

As far as Moss goes, it appears at least two teams are willing to sign him off waivers relieving the Vikes of their $4 million obligation. So all Chilly might lose is a 3rd round pick that was used to get him. That's all. Before christening Moss some kind of Mensa genius for having great skills and offering advice , ask yourself why the Pats and Raiders BOTH dumped him for chump change? He won't STFU. Hes much like TO, great skills, but his attitude and mouth makes him undesireable. The idiot was praising the same coaching staff he criticized just a month earlier. He's a locker room cancer.

Listen, if talent was the sole key to success, the Cowboys would be undefeated. They're having a worse year than your Vikings. But that's a good thing, :bigthumb: (j/k)

I think you need to ease up a bit on your team and just root for them. Getting yourself so worked up over them seems a waste of energy.

Dees2Fast240us

I agree with you Bubba! Moss is exactly like TO!! And I hate TO! They are both cocky as all get out and its frustrating! I am a Philly fan but I will be the first one to blame the players. After all, it is a TEAM sport. Favre is one of my fav QB's of the league. I like 5 QB's and hes the last one on the list, but he is on there. He is not playing to his full potential this year and everyone sees it! But he is getting to that age where one sack can put him out for the season, so yes, he is going to be a little more fragile then most. And I hate that, but its the truth. The coach has to make good calls, the QB has to throw the ball down field, but then the RB needs to catch it and RUN! If one person messes that cycle up, its a chain reaction. So I agree with both of you. Vikes can be better but they can also be worse. Stick by your team and just pray they get better!

I mean, look at me! I have been a McNabb fan since he was a Sophomore at Syracuse. :mike I followed him to the Eagles and haven't left his side or Phillies side since! He is a wonderful QB, but again, hes not perfect. He plays like crap sometimes, but then other night, he is incredible! McNabb and Westbrook were almost unstoppable! And why they release Westbrook, I will never know! :wtf2: With McNabb off the Eagles and on to (once hated) the Redskins, I still back my Eagles up! Because I fell in love with them long ago! No matter how bad they suck one week or how bad I HATE the new QB, its still my team. If you stop watching the games and stop rooting for your team because they aren't as good as they once were, you were never truley a fan!

Also, Bubba... Im with you....

F*** THE COWBOYS :bigthumb: :dblthumb: :bowrofl:

vikesfankevin1986

"Listen, if talent was the sole key to success, the Cowboys would be undefeated. They're having a worse year than your Vikings. But that's a good thing"
Um that's what I said...and who do you blame? It sounds to me like the coach even blames himself. Who do you blame for their bad play.

I also have this question. Why did Randy last 2 or 3 years with the Raiders? Why did he last 3 years with the Patriots? Maybe because their coaches weren't total pushovers.

But I'm done with this argument. If you want to compare me to Philly fans and ignore the fact that I might keep up on whats going on to my team when they had Moss the first time and since they have gotten Childress fine. I don't know why you don't believe me about Childress. But I'm done with this argument. This is exactly the same as someone arguing with me about the Bible. They flat out ignore me because they think they know more. If you want to look at a record and assume Chilly is a good coach the same way someone reads a Bible verse and makes a claim, fine.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:"Listen, if talent was the sole key to success, the Cowboys would be undefeated. They're having a worse year than your Vikings. But that's a good thing"
Um that's what I said...and who do you blame? It sounds to me like the coach even blames himself. Who do you blame for their bad play.

I also have this question. Why did Randy last 2 or 3 years with the Raiders? Why did he last 3 years with the Patriots? Maybe because their coaches weren't total pushovers.

But I'm done with this argument. If you want to compare me to Philly fans and ignore the fact that I might keep up on whats going on to my team when they had Moss the first time and since they have gotten Childress fine. I don't know why you don't believe me about Childress. But I'm done with this argument. This is exactly the same as someone arguing with me about the Bible. They flat out ignore me because they think they know more. If you want to look at a record and assume Chilly is a good coach the same way someone reads a Bible verse and makes a claim, fine.
Oh, I totally believe you really hate Childress and like Moss, and there are others in your area that agree with you. But I think your passion clouds your objectivity. You were fully expecting a Super Bowl appearance this season based on last years Viking performance. And became downright angry and vented here when most of the experts disagreed with you. I did a little unbiased research and I agreed with the experts. They have several problems.

You want to blame everything on the coach? Fine. You want to complain about the Vikes underperforming despite their playmaker injuries and tough schedule? Great. You want to consider Randy Moss a model team player? Good. It's your choice, But don't expect everyone to agree with you.

Return to “The Sports Bar”