MORE problems.

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
jdematt

car wont even turn over. 1991 240 sx se, 150,000 miles. i turn key, nuthing happens.... it doesnt even try to start, i just here click... thats it

av8mech240sx
Car: Flyin', Fixin' and Drivin'

i'd start with the battery. (that was my problem) Next have the alternator and starter checked. If that is all ok, check the wires on the spark plugs. Take off one wire, hold it with a heavy rag and put the end 1/4" from a metal (non- painted) surface. Have someone try turning over the engine and look for a spark. If there is no spark, try it with another wire. Still no spark...you may have a bad distrubtor, wires or a bad coil. I hate electrical problems....they just suck. When a car won't turn over, it usually an electrical problem somewhere. If if cranks the engine but no fire, it can be electrical or fuel....twice the fun to find the problem in that case.

jdematt

there's power to everything though... the starter just doesnt go... im thinking its probly the starter or the distributor... how much do they go for?are they hard to install?

ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

It could also be a sensor. I had a similar problem and turned out to be a sensor. Let me find the paperwork and get back to you.

jdematt

turns out it was my starter... installed a new one... im now 130 dollars poorer :ylsuper :rolleyes

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

But you're running again!

SpeedingMonk
Car: drifting, nissans, and keeping all other cars behind me

every time u turn the key and ur car "clicks" its the starter, or connections on the starter. SOME TIMES if its a dead spot u can put the car in nutral roll it 5 ft forward, put it in park an try to start it. if no go rool it 5 ft backwards an try again if no go still buy a starter

BenBlanco615
Car: Loving My Girlfriend

At about 150K miles, its time to get another starter. I recently replaced mine at 120K for my Max.

ash1y1

Where did you get those reverse indiglow guages? I am looking for the same exact thing for my 95 240SE, but can only find the regular indiglow. I want the reverse ones you have. If anyone knows, please let me know.

WAbernethy

I'm pretty sure you can pick up a set on E-Bay for like 40 bucks. I know I've seen the reverse ones there. Looks like a pain to install.

ash1y1

Nope, I've only seen the reverse indiglow for the earlier versions of the 240sx, not 95+. They have the indiglow, but not reverse indiglow.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”