more problems<shighs>

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
armory240
Car: cars sk8 boarding

i just bought a 93 240 for only a 1000 bucks but it needs lots of work like when i turn a corner the car dies not all the time (just most of the time) my heater core is bad and the interior is bad does any body have a clue why it would die like that i have my guess but im no mechanic and where would i get some molded carpet for it

SlowFiveOh
Car: drag racing, music

get a multimeter, check your TPS and see if it is bad. (TPS- throttle position sensor) check simple things first, plugs, wires, air/fuel filter, things like that then work on to more complicated stuff.

ninjak84
Car: S13, Z32, Titan

err... your car dies when you turn corners, and you want to redo the interior?!?!PRIORITIES!im just kidding, but it sounds like theres foul play happening with your power steering.

armory240
Car: cars sk8 boarding

now that i think about it i forgot to mention that my steering is really really stiff what do you think is wrong

ser chicken
Car: cars, water and writing

my buddy had an old chevy conversion van that stalled when you turned left... sometimes. it was in the wiring around the ignition switch (key) being loose, and when you turn the wheel hard to the left it would loose its connection and stall... just a place to check... i would suggest trying to get it to stall out on demand, and building a jumper lead from the ignition plug to the switch so you can test your voltages, and then try and make it stall and see what it does your readingalso... if it only stalls when you turn the wheel till it stops, or make really hard turns, check your power steering unit and make sure that the pressure realese is working, otherwise the pump will keep building pressure when you hold the wheel against the stop, and it will build enough to stall the engine... just two ideas... hope all works well-pete

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”