More powerr

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Trm9669
Car: Infiniti G35 manual coupe

Im looking into buying a g35 and wanna learn as much as possible before doing so how much more power can i crank out of a g35 and what would be my best plan to do that forged pistons turbo bigger injectors cold air intake where should i start first before doing anything else

lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

That is a pretty broad question. How deep your pockets are is really the only limiting factor. Most people start with the basic stuff cold air intake and a cat back exhaust. Maybe headers and a high flow cat. The next question would be if you have emission testing. If you do you have to keep everything carb legal. If not then maybe a dyno tune would be next. After that you can get into intake manifold spacers and thermal gaskets better spark plugs synthetic fluids. If you made it that far further powerr is normally a list of required parts or kit. For a street car you can't beat a vortech supercharger kit. If your after a specific purpose drag drift just as much power as possible... Then that would determine which "kit" you would want to go after.

Obviously turbo will make the most power possible over anything else.

If your purely after bang for buck then nitrous kit would be the winner for any car.

If your asking about forged pistons. Break out the wallet to take advantage of them.

Not sure if that is what you were after hope it might help.

Trm9669

No that was really the perfect answer ot covered really every question but at the same time did raise another im going to be doing this over a length of time slowly but surly putting it together so with that being said where in your opinion be my best starting point I've read a lot about how if someone wants to put out any more horse power they need to basically rebuild the engine to make it strong enough to handle the power gains and mainly id just be strait line racing and drag racing maybe an extended race over a few miles or so but thats about it. Also if the part about rebuilding the engine is true should i literally just start there or get a different engine to your knowledge would the 2jz engine fit the g35 bay?

Trm9669

Also what would be my best choice for a clutch assembly?

lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

I think a 2JZ swap would be partially a wasted effort as the stock engine can make some impressive numbers. Most just start with bolt on stuff. A low boost vortech for example can make reliable power without "rebuilding" the engine. Just spend the money on getting it tuned by someone that has done a vortech tuned car without a built engine. Id say that supercharger a full exhaust and a spot on tune would give you what your after.

Of course you'll need a clutch as soon as you get the thing. I like ACT clutches. I normally get the beefiest one that is "sprung". Id recommend not getting a "puck" clutch for the street. Just call up ACT tell em what your after and they will recommend a clutch to suit.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”