More issues

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
620 LIL HUSTLER
Car: 1977 Datsun 620

hi guys its been a while. last time i had an issue you guys pulled through for me and i repect that. i got another issues to lay down the lil hustler has been through hell in the past 2 weeks. starting with:~sunday night march 8th it was wet cold snow i went to the gas station and put $2.70 of gas in which is 2 and a half gallons i started the truck and got about a block away and i started to hesitate and had no power. after tampering with it i managed to get it home without stopping AT ALL.~the next day (monday) i went to the truck to start it for school and it wouldnt even start. so i walked to school in the snow. i got home and started to mess with it and couldn't get it to go.~the next day (tuesday) i just got a ride to school and when i got home started to work on it again and drained the fuel tank and took the fuel filter off (there was diesel gasoline and water in the tank[dont ask i dont go to that gas station any more]) i replaced the fuel filter, put premium gas in the tank, and put iso-heat and carb and injector cleaner in the tank. i started it and it ran and smoked (diesel residue) i drove it around and it back fired three separated times (loud as a 12 gauge shotgun) the smoking had stopped after an hour.~the next day (wednesday) i drove it to school and it ran ok untill my curent issue~it snowed real bad monday march 23rd and we had no school and i didnt start the truck~on the 24th the same no school no truck moving.~today the 25th no school but i got the truck unstuck. first i tried to start it for 2 minuits and stopped then i opened the hood and some snow fell on the starter and i found out the starter was HOT and so was the battery.i left the truck for a half hour and tried again it started and ran. after 2 minutes it shut it self off. after another half hour i started it and it ran fine. when i started it today it starts hard and the only way i can start it is to hold the gas pedel to the floor then it starts. i am open to any all sugestions. possibly ignition timeing, maybe engine timing. PLEASE HELP ME

phlebmaster
Car: 1973 240z L26 4spd rip roar and ready to go!

Wow! sounds like float trouble or moisture in the fuel lines.

I would try isoheat in your gas tank....that will dry out the water if that is the problem. Keep us updated.

620 LIL HUSTLER
Car: 1977 Datsun 620

alright its good just needed at carb rebuild

Return to “Datsun 620”