moonroof stopped working

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
synthesis45
Car: rogue

Today I tried to open my moonroof and it acted like it was hitting something and kept opening and closing itself. I read the manual and tried the reset, but now it will not close all of the way. So my car is sitting in the driveway with the roof partially opened as I am hoping it does not rain nor anyone get any ideas. The thing is only a few months old. What the heck?! Anyone else have this happen? I am so frustrated. I tried all day to figure it out.

paulvanharte
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

Not sure if this is causing the problem, but check the track in the roof. There is a sort of deflector that just attaches with some spring bars in the sunroof track. It opens up when the sunroof opens and goes down again when the sunroof closes. I was cleaning my car the other day and somehow I must have touched this bar and one side came loose causing the sunroof to not close properly as if something got stuck in the track. Its located at the side closes to the windshield

Paul

kazzan11236
Car: 2008 Nissan Rouge SL-FWD-Fully Loaded-Tints

go put a bag over it for now...

besides that i dont got no info for ya...

i got everything but a moonroof

philipa_240sx

The FSM describes a slightly different procedure to 'reset' the moonroof. You have to hold the 'Tilt-UP' switch for several seconds until the moonroof closes. If that does not work, have the dealer look at it.

I've posted this in the FAQ, but here it is again:

Quote »MEMORY RESET PROCEDUREInitialization of system should be conducted after the following conditions.• When the sunroof motor is changed.• When the sunroof does not operate normally. (Incomplete initialization conditions)

INITIALIZATION PROCEDUREIf the sunroof does not close or open automatically, use the following procedure to return sunroof operation to normal.

1. Close the sunroof if it is not in the closed position. It may be necessary to repeatedly push the switch to close the sunroof.2. Press and hold the TILT UP switch the sunroof will tilt up. Release the button.3. Press and hold the TILT UP switch again. Do not release the switch, keep pressure on it. After 4 seconds of depressing, the sunroof will full close.4. Initializing procedure is complete. Confirm proper operation of the sunroof (slide open, slide close, tilt up,tilt down.)[/quote]

blueis300
Car: 2007 nissan maxima 3.5 se

I know its under warranty but they just replaced the entire thing in my Maxima and it was $1500. Thanks for warranty.

Return to “Rogue Forum”