Monster Cavalier

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
Jesda

Here's an interesting Chevy Cavalier:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...32804

Yep, thats right. What you see there is a DRIVESHAFT! And of course the boosted 454.

S13inBatnRuge
Car: 93 240sx

what are the specs on that baby

PoorManQ45

hehe, wouldn't that be funny it that was just one of those stick on things. Like the stick on hood scoops.. lol

metalsyth
Car: 2001 Nissan Altima

WOW

I would almost drive that.

Rex
Car: None

from the listing wrote:Vehicle Description

Here is a one of a kind Super Street Machine. This is a show winner at Super Chevy, World of Wheels and also featured on E.S.P.N and has won many other awards. This is professionally built and street driven for over one year, completely road worthy and very fast. Car's features are: 454 c.u. in. Big Block completely rebuilt with 1966 396 closed chamber heads. Edelbrock Tunnel Ram with 2-4bbl. Holley Carbs. Gear drive high performance cam. High volume Oil Pump. Chrome oil pan, timing cover, powder coated block hugger headers. Dual exhaust with stainless square tips. Edelbrock aluminum valve covers. Pro Scoop air cleaner with oil pressure and temperature guages in back of scoop. Motor runs electric water pump, chrome alternator, chrome mechanical fuel pump. Transmission is a 2-speed Power Glide with a 350 Turbo front shaft. Has a 3500 stahl converter. Transmission is also new rebuilt and has been dyno tested. Shifter is a ratchett type with cable drive. Car has a 9" Ford rear end with 4.00 gear ratio, positive traction. Has new 31 spline Mosier axles. Car has aluminum radiator under front of car with electric fan. Cooling system includes water hoses connected to the radiator which circulate water down the left rocker into the trunk, which holds a baffeled water tank and then returns back up the right rocker to the radiator. This keeps the car cool and also adds weight to the rear wheels for traction. Car has aluminum fuel cell under rear of car. Battery is in trunk for more rear weight. Suspension is stock in front and works very well. Rear end is mounted rigid and car handles very well. This car launches straight ahead and is very fast. This car is very dependable. Interior is stock except for larger tunnel inside of car to enclose transmission and drive shaft. New tunnel has been carpeted to match rest of car. Interior has tach with shift light, automatic floor shifter. Dash cluster lights up but turn signals, bright lights, radio, emergency flasher, interior lights, and wipers are the only functions that work. Power windows, power trunk and door locks still function along with security system. I drive the vehicle with the tach, oil pressure, and temeprature guages. Wheels are 20" American Racing on rear with 17" on the front. Rear tires are 255x50 Goodyears, and 17" Perelli on front. Car has new paint, original color. Again, this car is very fast and extremely fun driving. It gets 10 MPG and I drive it everywhere. It rides quite well with the rigid rear suspension, I run 12 pounds of air in the rear tires and 30 in the front. Handles good and corners great. Has 4-wheel disc brakes with carbon fiber pads. Everything on this car was new 1 year ago when built. Car has a rebuilt title and no air bags, this will be verified and documented at the time of sale. I am interested in a partial trade for one of the following: Motorcycles (Harley Davidson of any year, preferably later model, full size Harley non-Sportster) or Indian Motor Cycle. Corvette (1953-1967 Coupe or Roadster any condition). Baracuda (1970-1974 any condition). Challenger (1970-1974 any condition). Street Rod (any condition). Antique Automobile. 1955-1957 Thunderbird (any condition). Also would be interested in a 1999 or newer Extended Cab Chevrolet or GMC Full Size Pick-up (2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive). 1999 or newer Ford Explorer (4 wheel drive). I invite anyone to come inspect this car and go for a ride. Do not expect to come drive it. No joy rides. I have a lift where you can see under it, in it, check it all over. Your inspection is appreciated. Please do not ask my reserve, I will not reveal it. I reserve the right to end this auction at any time as I also have the car listed locally. This car was origianally built to resemble a Muscle Machine at the request of our 9 year old son. This car will be sold as is due to extreme modifications and high performance features. Now, we are relisting this vehicle with a lower reserve, which we will not reveal. We did appreciate the hundreds of e-mails praising the craftsmanship of the car and it's appearance.

nismofly
Car: 89 S13 Hatch

ok one thing that jumps out on me...carbon fiber brake pads? WTF?

Rex
Car: None

Hawk Pads wrote:Racing Compounds

Material Description

Hawk Performance has utilized world class technology to develop and manufacture superior disc brake and clutch materials for the Automotive and Racing industry.

Hawk Performance products include Ferro Carbon, Carbotic, Carbon - Carbon and full metallic disc brakes and clutches. Hawk Performance's persistent development of racing friction will not only set new standards, but will also greatly enhance the quality, performance and integrity of your racing programs !

FERRO-CARBON Racing Friction

Ferro Carbon is a unique, high-tech friction material developed and manufactured by Hawk Performance for the racing community. All Ferro Carbon materials exhibit non-fade performance and have been evaluated up to and beyond 1,600 degrees F. Each material offers lower wear rates and higher torque values than all other competitive materials available on the market today.

nismofly
Car: 89 S13 Hatch

thats not carbon fiber, thats carbon - carbon...totally different

maybe thats what he meant?

gabossie
Car: Your mom

Wow. For that, I would drive a cav.

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

I don't think you can see the road to drive that thing. The engine is too big.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

I see no boost...only tunnel ram.

it's a POS then...if it doesn't have an 8-71 on it, it's not worth my time.

base9se
Car: '95 240sx

I still wouldn't drive it!

PoorManQ45

rex's quote wrote:Suspension is stock in front and works very well.
Hmm, There is no way in hell that it handles even remotely descently with the stock front suspension being bottomed out from the increased weight of the engine

My grandmother has an '04 cavilier and both the front and back suspension are extremely lightweight. Put two full size, ~180lbs x 2, in the back seat and you can tell that the suspension is fully compressed. I can't really describe the way it drives, but you will know what I'm tlaking about if you've ever tried this.

Mr1der

well....if it's always lifting the front wheels...who cares...

PoorManQ45

that's the thing, it wouldn't beable to lift the front wheels. It is to front biased to do that

gabossie
Car: Your mom

Slicks to amazing things...

Mr1der

it's not that much weight in the front if it's putting down good power.

the engine itself probably weighs 500 pounds tops...

PoorManQ45

then add the tranny which is another 250~300lbs.

Once you put that on the STOCK front suspension you've got crappy handling

Jesda

Somehow, I have a feeling that Cavalier wasnt built for taking corners.

Mr1der

something tells me the Cavalier wasn't built for taking corners.

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

I hope this car wasn't built by the ricer wanna be responsible for the "Kanagawa Cavalier" on http://www.beaterz.com. He claimed his Crapalier/Cavalier was tuned to go something like 280 MPH on the stock engine.

Mr1der

I seriously doubt a ricer could do that...

PoorManQ45

Mr1der wrote:I seriously doubt a ricer could do that...
Nah, a ricer could have done that, but then the engine sticking out of the hood would just be a stick on ornament

Return to “Others”