Money Well Spent - Eibach

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
desertrefugee
Car: 2009 Altima 2.5S

I belong (and have belonged) to a bunch of forums, but auto forums have not been a priority. Especially not family sedan forums. But, a recent purchase of an '09 Altima 2.5S has me enjoying an automobile again. Well built and stylish, it serves commuter duty. I lucked into a set of 300ZX Turbo (Chrome) OEM rims with new rubber - 225/50 R16. The "air gap" bothered me and the car begged to be lowered. (Stop cringing if you're over 30).

Anyway, I ordered an Eibach Pro Kit and finished the installation last night. I've driven it about 50 miles today ans suspect that the squat is complete. It looks great, corners like it's on rails, but won't make it onto the drive-through car wash now.

I'd post before and after photos, but can't seem to attach images yet (must need to log a few more posts).

This kit is HIGHLY recommended and the price has dropped in recent years. Very cost effective - unless you want to drop a grand on coil-overs.

lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

Good deal! I believe the only way to add pictures is to "host" them with something like photobucket. You just upload and then grab the link it produces and drop it where you would type.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

^ Correct. Just drop the url for the image in between the [img] tags.

Welcome back to the fold - Eager to see the freshly-dropped Alty!

desertrefugee

OK. "Freshly Dropped Alty". These Eibach "Pro Kit" springs are a "Gentleman's Drop". Not radical. Really, unless you know the car's stock appearance, you wouldn't think there's a drop at all. Pretty much now where it should have been when it rolled off the line. I had picked up a set of 300ZX TT chrome wheels on the cheap and my son convinced me it needed to be lower. I agreed and have no regrets. (Coming from a "mature" long-time driver).

(And, yes, I realize I have the wheels on the wrong sides).

Before:

After (very subtle - ~1.7" Front, ~1.0 Rear):

Compared to an Avalon:

desertrefugee

...I also realize there's a forum here for Suspension, but I really thought the 4th Gen Altima Sedan forum could use a dose of "what might be".

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

The stance looks higher in the "after" picture. :confused: Post before and after pictures of the car on leveled road if you can.

desertrefugee

Crappy pictures for sure. Inconsistent angle, poor and inconsistent lighting. The before is what it is. I needed a similar "after" shot. I can assure you it's lower. The 16" wheels and 225/50 profile tires still show a lot of "gap". I'm satisfied.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”