mold making-fiberglass

1965-1971 Datsun 521 forums. All 520 and 521 topics and discussion can be found here.
datsunexcells

I've got an extra front, lower valance (apron) for a 521 Pick-up. I was wondering if any members had a working knowledge of making fiberglass molds. During this winter, I'd like to try to make a lay-up mold for those panels, since finding straight, undamaged ones, seems nearly impossible. Any help in finding a solution would be appreciated. John

DanielC

Here in the Pacific Northwest, I get fiberglass supplies from Tap Plastics (tapplastics.com)  You can also order fiberglass supplies from Minicraft, they are in Florida. (minicraft.com)
    This time of year, there is a possibility that boat repair shops might be a little slow, and be willing to take on a project.

71-521

I was going to look at injection molding
keep us posted on your progress!

Pac. coast Datsun

[font="tahoma"]You may want to e-mail my friend Mike lepker.. a few of you guys may know him as "Steroid" on Ratsun. A few years back he was able to get fiberglass molds made for 2 different styles of air dams & the Fontana flares for the 620's. His email adress is....
[email protected]
Give him a few days & he'll get back to you.

[/font]

Return to “Datsun 520 / 521”