mods for my g37s convertible mw on the way

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
droptop01
Car: infiniti g37s convertible

watsup i am new to this forum .. i have a g37s converible mw and i recently ordered mods for my car.. i got 20 inch lexani lss-10s staggered 20/8.5 20/10 in black and machine with a chrome lip ..painted break calipers red.. i got a eibach pro drop kit.. 8000k hid headlights.. painted head lights inside black around the hids ... leds in the liscense plate..(already have 35 percent tinti and blacked out tail lights). and thats it for this week.. i was wondering if any has any good suggestions or opinions on how you think this is gna look..and i needed to know how much i should drop the car for the car to be sitting low on the rims but not rubbing or scraping or having any problems..please i would appreciate the feedback whatever it is.. and i will post pics and soon as everything is done in a few days hopefully.. thanks :)
i have the leds and hids in but dont have pics with them yet but here is my car as it is already.. will post pics the more work that gets
here are pics of the rims also let me know what you all think = ]

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

Did you think of upgrading with integrated antenna spoiler which gets rid of whip antenna and the chrome spoiler?

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

Welcome & congrats on your new ride. I don't have much imagination so I need to see the rims on the car to confirm I like them but my initial indication is that they will be awesome!

I also like the smoked tails - are they painted or an overlay? Where are you in NJ? I am in Bergen County.

droptop01

cmesmurf i like that spoiler but cudnt imagine how it would look on our convertible.. does it look right? does it blend well and how much does it cost.. i dont get it the antenna is inside the spoiler? and yea my smoked tails r painted.. im actually living in brooklyn but my insurance is new jersey.. i have a house by long branch exit 105 off the garden state

droptop01

cmesmurf can you post pics of the rear of your car with the spoiler and the letters debadged. i was thinking of debadgin but i was thinkin it takes away value of the car.. i like how it looks tho.. thanks

cmesurf

droptop01 wrote:cmesmurf can you post pics of the rear of your car with the spoiler and the letters debadged. i was thinking of debadgin but i was thinkin it takes away value of the car.. i like how it looks tho.. thanks
No I did not debadge the car - added integrated spoiler kit see below but the one below is like yours: The photo of a vert owner who got the spoiler kit from me.

I'll post another photo soon..
Last edited by cmesurf on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmesurf

infiniti_lineup wrote:The spoiler looks so FAT on the body on the convertible. Completely throws out the curviness and smoothness of the body lines.
Photos can look any one fat.... in real I bet your car would lot better with integrated antenna spoiler than with what you have now... IMHO
This my car

cmesurf

infiniti_lineup wrote:I have the shark fin antenna on my sedan, I like the look of it. But that's just me.
On sedan - it makes not much different as the antenna is on the roof not on the trunk....

on the convertible the whip antenna sticking up from the trunk is like sore thumb.... integrated antenna spoiler cleans the look and improves the lines and whole lot more...imho

droptop01

i guess pictures just didnt do it for me but im sure it looks sick in person.. anyways how much does one of those go for? arent they a bit pricey for a spoiler..

cmesurf

droptop01 wrote:i guess pictures just didnt do it for me but im sure it looks sick in person.. anyways how much does one of those go for? arent they a bit pricey for a spoiler..
Yes, the integrated antenna spoiler for G37 convertibles are pricey (MSRP in US is $1005 and in Canada $1675) but these are not available from dealers either, I happened to find handful one for my car and few other that I have given to vert owners at my cost+shipping.

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

Just gonna give my two cents as well about the rear deck spoiler. I think if you ask all the NICO members that have the spoiler, including myself, they will say they are extremely happy with the look of the spoiler. Pictures definitely do not do it justice, and it is not as big (or fat) as that picture shows. I have had mine for a year now and I love it. I go back and look at pics of when I first got the car (with the whip antenna), and I can't even imagine ever having the car without the spoiler.

The spoilers are hard to find right now, since they currently have stopped production. My advice is if one is available in your color and you can get it, you won't be disappointed. Seeing one in person would help a great deal too, LOL, but not sure if you will be able to... And remember, the convertible spoiler is quite different than the coupe's add-on spoiler, both in size and functionality. And if you can't get the spoiler, it's not the end of the world, and you still have a sweet looking ride!

droptop01

damn now im feelin like i NEED the spoiler.. i feel like its key to top off the look.. wit the rims the drop.. the spoiler will just be the icing on the cake lol

droptop01

another question.. i woke up in the middle of the night last night and some ***holes ford f250 was sittin on my rear bumper like an ***hole.. and when i moved my car there were 2 little dents and a scratch.. im like reLLY heated but i wnted to know am i gna have to get a new bumper or can they do anythin to fix them? there like the dents that other ppl cnt relli see but you know there there.. its really argivatin me..

cmesurf

droptop01 wrote:damn now im feelin like i NEED the spoiler.. i feel like its key to top off the look.. wit the rims the drop.. the spoiler will just be the icing on the cake lol
The Integrated Antenna Spoiler will make your car a whole lot hotter....if you want one and can't find one contact me....I ma be able to help.

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

Infiniti lineup...

check out the "share your ride" thread. You can find my pics of my car with the rear deck spoiler (in athens blue like cmesurf :bigthumb: )

right click on the picture and open up the picture in a new window in order to see the full picture. For some reason, my pictures were cut off when posting to the thread...

cmesurf

Cobra_Kai_84 wrote:Infiniti lineup...

check out the "share your ride" thread. You can find my pics of my car with the rear deck spoiler (in athens blue like cmesurf :bigthumb: )

right click on the picture and open up the picture in a new window in order to see the full picture. For some reason, my pictures were cut off when posting to the thread...
Here are the two versions: Red convertible:
first one with my Smurfy Antenna and chrome spoiler
2nd one with integrated antenna spoiler kit

droptop01

i got my rims installed and the drop kitt! cant wait to get a nice car wash tomorrow and take some clean pics wit the top down.. i have a few pics im gna post them now

droptop01

aright here are some pics of when i picked up the car.. quick pics that i took.. i will take much sicker picks tomorrow trust me.. but let me know how you think everythin came out the rims the drop and the break calipers.. personally i think it looks dope. and so did everyone else who saw me drive by tonight = ] :naughty:

yummm i love it.. cant wait to get my wing thanks to all you guys talkin me into it.. and a few more mods and the car is gna be redic :yesnod
Last edited by droptop01 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

droptop01

and tomorrow im gna have some better quality pics coming!

cmesurf

droptop01 wrote:i got my rims installed and the drop kitt! cant wait to get a nice car wash tomorrow and take some clean pics wit the top down.. i have a few pics im gna post them now
looks gr8 :bigthumb:

bschurr

Red calipers huh? So played!
Dare to be different - you should have done white to match the car...

droptop01

well obviously people r gna have some same things on the car.. i went red cuz it matches the rims well and the tails.. cant even comment on the rims u gota shoot straight to the things you dont like lol.. i guess thats why its a forum :)

cmesurf

droptop01 wrote:well obviously people r gna have some same things on the car.. i went red cuz it matches the rims well and the tails.. cant even comment on the rims u gota shoot straight to the things you dont like lol.. i guess thats why its a forum :)
Good constructive comments are healthy for the forum users. I think you may want now red spoiler to match:>?

bschurr

droptop01 wrote:well obviously people r gna have some same things on the car.. i went red cuz it matches the rims well and the tails.. cant even comment on the rims u gota shoot straight to the things you dont like lol.. i guess thats why its a forum :)
Sorry Bro -
I didnt mean for my post to come off overly critical.
Based on the photos you posted (in the dark with heavy flash) the only thing I noticed were the calipers. :gotme

Post up some daytime pics & give us all a real look at your baby.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”