Modified crossmembers for S13/S14 LSx engine swaps!

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
Joe

Ill keep this short and sweet. I am looking to make a few extra bucks and help some people out. Ive been building crossmembers for my friends for almost 2 years now and I figured it was time to offer it to the public:

What I need: your S13/S14 factory engine crossmember.

What you get: A crossmember modified to fit a LSx engine into a 240sx. It will allow you to move the engine all the way back to the firewall and is strong enough to take ANYTHING you can throw at it.

This is the standard crossmember as you will receive it:

Custom paint and extra reinforcing available upon request!

Cost:If you send me your crossmember: $200 +shippingIf you are unable to send me yours: $300 +shipping ($100 CORE CHARGE is the difference. If you send me your original one back when you are done I will refund the charge)

I dont know if anyone is even interested in this but I figured I would post it up and see what happens.

Contact for questions or ordering!joe AT trialbyfire.orghawk0028 - AlM

a_ahmed
Car: 1991 240sx fastback

What kind of mounts? Do you still need sikky mounts or something similar?

How's the fitment got any pix or what have you of completed setups.

Further back/lower = always win in my book

Joe

the mounts will still need to be fabricated as far as i know. ive never been able to test another setups mounts. i wish i had the ability to jig the mounts im making right now.

im doing a LS1 + s13 coupe for formula D and they are turning out fantastic. just have no way to reproduce them.

you can go as LOW as you want but the pan kinda limits it. you can go over an inch below the crossmember with the pan if you want haha

ill get some pictures shortly. you can push the engine almost to the firewall with the crossmember like this.

eaton89
Car: 91 240sx

with a 2" drop on the car how much lower can you safely run the oil pan(lower than the cross member) like 1" or 2" hope that makes sense.

Joe

you can NOT safely run the oil pan below the crossmember. i dont care what anyone says its not safe.

its really a non-issue tho. with the pan level with the crossmember you still clear the hood or will JUSTBARELY touch it and it can be easily fixed.

holemilk00

Actually lots of people have started building small cages or skid plates to bolt around the oil pan if you run it below the crossmember. You just have to remember the rule that you can no have your oil pan as the lowest thing under your car, you have to put something of strength lower to absorb any impacts. Plenty of track RX7/LSX cars have done this because the lower and further back you can get the motor, the better the behavior of the car on the track.

eaton89
Car: 91 240sx

That is exactly what I was thinking. Welding 1" square tubing to the bottom of the cross member so the pan isn't lower than the frame.

cation
Car: 00 E55 AMG,
01 GMC Sierra SLT
S14 400sx (SOLD!)

Does this crossmember configuration require the use the the GTO oil pan, or will it work with regular LS1 pans out of stock F bodies?

Joe

cation wrote:Does this crossmember configuration require the use the the GTO oil pan, or will it work with regular LS1 pans out of stock F bodies?
you MUST use a GTO style pan with any LSx 240sx swap.

cation
Car: 00 E55 AMG,
01 GMC Sierra SLT
S14 400sx (SOLD!)

That's what I thought too. Thanks for confirming. LSX soon to come hopefully in my jalopy...
Joe wrote:you MUST use a GTO style pan with any LSx 240sx swap.

motorboater
Car: nissan 240sx

on the sikky site it says forumla d cars cant have the crossmember tampered with? is that true?

slidestyle69
Car: 92 s13

Will you still be doing this in the next few months?

Joe

motorboater wrote:on the sikky site it says forumla d cars cant have the crossmember tampered with? is that true?
the 2010 rulebook allows crossmember modification for oil pan clearance amongst other things now.

and yes i will still be doing these indefinitely for months to come.

slidestyle69
Car: 92 s13

great, I'll for sure be getting this done form you shortly.

Return to “Hybrids”