Modifications to Fenders/Inners for Coilovers. (94 Q45/G50)

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

We did some slight mods today to help with tire clearance on the Q today. Basically we cut out some of the inner fender/body for clearance, and also repositioned the wiring harnesses. Here are some pics:

Damicci
Car: 1994 Q45/President

Nice work, but does your car sit that low to require flattening the pinch and relocating the harness?

Did you have fitment issues with the fender since you didn't remove the harness cover.

Used to do this all the time on 240's but the location of harness was alot closer than on Q.

either way

TBrack
Car: none

Damicci wrote:Nice work, but does your car sit that low to require flattening the pinch and relocating the harness?

Did you have fitment issues with the fender since you didn't remove the harness cover.

Used to do this all the time on 240's but the location of harness was alot closer than on Q.

either way
The fender pinch and the harness are REALLY in the way if you are running big wheels/tires. That was always my limiting factor in height when I had the 20'' Lowenharts.

Can't wait to see her in person Tibbs.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

I still have (now) about 1-1/4" clearance above the tires. I did this because I finally went from 245/45 tires to 225/40's. That gave me loads of clearance, but I wanted to make sure that when I started going lower, I had nothing to worry about. When I was on Air, ever so briefly, my tires stopped at the point I took out, and I rubbed holes in the harness loom, and my washer fluid hose kept dropping. Here's where I'm at now, compared to my sig pic. Still on JIC.

Sneak peek:

Damicci

TBrack wrote:
The fender pinch and the harness are REALLY in the way if you are running big wheels/tires. That was always my limiting factor in height when I had the 20'' Lowenharts.

Can't wait to see her in person Tibbs.
Yeah see I never had that problem and I was low as well. But oh well.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Damicci wrote:Yeah see I never had that problem and I was low as well. But oh well.
Were you ever low without your body kit? (Not asking sarcastically, in all seriousness.)

Here are more recent, better pics:

TBrack

Looks awesome

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Thank you sir. Missed you this weekend; better be in Nashville in July!

TBrack

Yea I'm planning on it. Have I ever told you how much the new Nissan black paint sucks? Got 6 new chips this weekend

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Go get some touch up from Advance, or get those spots repaired then get the invisible bra.

BLACKonBLACK98
Car: Q45, LS400, STS-V

lookin good jeremiah, but you're not THAT low. ;)

harness relocation is nice.
TBrack wrote:Have I ever told you how much the new Nissan black paint sucks? Got 6 new chips this weekend
man it's aweful. my titan is so thin it's ridiculous.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

I know, I was doing this in advance. I still have about 2" all around that I can go down. Just wanted to throw up a thread to give some other members insight. I have about 1/2" before my front tires hit the fender on turns. Wider wheels + tire stretch + exhaust mods = me getting lower. Any other suggestions?

Damicci

Yeah I was pretty low with the kit. The plastic that was left in the wheel wells had been worn down pretty well.
With the kit on it was difficult to see under the car (hitting brushes and bottle and cups in the road)
Was running 19" with 40 series tires. But may not as low as you or tbrack since I never had the clearance issues.

Yeah maybe I wasn't as low as you guys are going b/c of the kit.
:frown: I miss that car.

TBrack

I miss mine too...

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Damicci wrote:Yeah I was pretty low with the kit. The plastic that was left in the wheel wells had been worn down pretty well.
With the kit on it was difficult to see under the car (hitting brushes and bottle and cups in the road)
Was running 19" with 40 series tires. But may not as low as you or tbrack since I never had the clearance issues.

Yeah maybe I wasn't as low as you guys are going b/c of the kit.
:frown: I miss that car.
Maybe you should have traded me when I asked, that way you would still be able to see it. :tisk: I loved your car and miss it as well.

And yeah, My inner fenders left when I got air, and there's no way it would stand a chance at this point.
TBrack wrote:I miss mine too...
But part of yours still lives in mine. :sad:

Return to “VIP Forum”