Modern Speed Labs/Go-Fast Diesel....Indianapolis

Including IL, IN, KY, TN, MI, and OH
Koshin
Car: JP'd out Y32 Gloria GTU, 750 hp '87 Grand National, '63 Impala SS 327/4 speed

I know that Mark just moved from near Don Schumacher racing and was wondering if anyone knew where their new location was?? I wanted to check out there new spot becasue I am considering haveing them build my SR motor. Like I said I know where their old location is just need the new spot and the new number if they have one This is the number I have 317-852-4510. Thanks ahead of time for the info guys.

Largekid
Car: '96 RB S14 SE, '04 LS6 CTS-V

umm, MSL is of no longer, and they have a horrible reputation. I would go w/ someone like Kevin w/ Vanquish Motorsports to build your SR if are interested. I dont think a single motor that MSL/Marc built has stayed together.

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

VMS is ceasing operations. Two of the three guys are having babies this year, or at least their wives are.

KakkoiiRacing
Car: 2001 Mustang Cobra

caddylt1 wrote:I know that Mark just moved from near Don Schumacher racing and was wondering if anyone knew where their new location was?? I wanted to check out there new spot becasue I am considering haveing them build my SR motor. Like I said I know where their old location is just need the new spot and the new number if they have one This is the number I have 317-852-4510. Thanks ahead of time for the info guys.
There are two things wrong here, one of which can be overlooked.1)You building an SR (Mostly a joke bc you have better options but if that's what you're looking for or have, more power to ya [no pun intended])2)MSL??!! REALLY??? You WANT them to screw up and charge you for it?TISK TISK My friend!I've been up there and I really didn't care for the crooked way he does/did business.Taka aka Erik Dillon aka what's his name was doing business with Mark and then fell off the face of the Earth.I say good ridance.We need better businessmen in our area. Anyone wanna second that?

S.Loveless
Car: 93 Nissan 240sx HB

I second that I have dealt with Eric and he is very shady

Koshin
Car: JP'd out Y32 Gloria GTU, 750 hp '87 Grand National, '63 Impala SS 327/4 speed

I have nothing but good things to say about those dudes....I have been dealing with them on some things and have not gotten a raw deal at all. Just my experience since the original post. I think that every shop in the world gets a bad wrap....only time will tell

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Not that it might help, but why not give JGY a shout. They are off the east coast, but well worth it.

S.Loveless

I have no issue with anyone from MSL or Mark for that matter just Eric

KakkoiiRacing

With the way they do business, it's like a game of good cop bad cop.

Mark as a nice guy, but the way he did stuff was far from satisfactory.I know a guy that bought a car from them and it had 2 bolts in the bellhousing, a bottom end with almost completely fried rings, and the motor was on 1 mount. yet they claimed that everything was done profesionally and thoroughly.

I don't exactly consider that good business.

Add on the fact that they didn't give him a title until AFTER he gave them the car back. MSL= $#!T

redhb240SXS13
Car: 1992 240sx Coupe and 1995 240sx

KakkoiiRacing wrote:With the way they do business, it's like a game of good cop bad cop.

Mark as a nice guy, but the way he did stuff was far from satisfactory.I know a guy that bought a car from them and it had 2 bolts in the bellhousing, a bottom end with almost completely fried rings, and the motor was on 1 mount. yet they claimed that everything was done profesionally and thoroughly.

I don't exactly consider that good business.

Add on the fact that they didn't give him a title until AFTER he gave them the car back. MSL= $#!T
QFT! I bought the car from mark for $800 plus a blown up SOHC hatch. This was in February of '07. By April of '07 I had to replace the timing chain in "perfectly healthy running motor". Still had no title to the car at this point. In July of '07 the rings finally gave way, along with every single vavle, both intake and exhaust had come in contact with all 4 pistons. Still no title. At this point MSL and Mark fell off the map. It took me until November of '07 to get ahold of Mark to try and fix the situation. I called him everyday for four months, he never answered his phone. I went to the shop everyday after I got off work to see if anyone was there. When I did get ahold of him, he still had no title. I gave him the car back, and he gave me a clean titled s13 coupe with a blown ka. He fixed the situation, it just took too DAMN long. Two bolts holding a trans on, one good motor mount, and a fried clutch just isn't quality work in my eyes. I will never do business with Mark again. Taka aka Eric never did me any wrong, so I really don't have beef with him.

sldewyz
Car: 97' Danger Ranger

well there out in a place called nitro alley out in brownsburg. Its up by john farce racing, impact racing etc...

as for the quality of him doing work on my motor he did a good job for me. kinda pricey but he knoticed things that i wouldnt have noticed and fixed it for me. Took me a little longer then expected to get the car back but only by a day or two.

GL w/ whatever route you go

speedtribe

KakkoiiRacing wrote: Taka aka Erik what's his name was doing business with Mark and then fell off the face of the Earth.I say good ridance.We need better businessmen in our area. Anyone wanna second that?
let me clear the air here, first off im about 99% sure ive never even met you so how bout keeping your bullsh1t to yourself.I can GURANTEE you never had a bad dealing with me.by looking at your age ive been doing business in this industry since you were 9 years old. and only made 1 mistake which happened before you even had a liscense i would say your just full of sh1t. just trying to jump on the msl hater wagon, not to mention the one mistake that was made was promptly taken care of and paid back after it happened. no one got screwed over in fact i paid there interest rates on those with credit cards for there inconvenience not to mention most have been repeat customers since then, so being that im sure you have no idea what your talking about please shut thefukc up
S.Loveless wrote:I second that I have dealt with Eric and he is very shady
oh and scott loveless ive been DYING to air this, BUT since you've been hiding for the last four years this has been the first chance.the only "dealings" you've had with me is when you and your f*** buddy ryan took my money as well as everyone else's and disappeared.you want to call me shady? mother fukcer PLEASE! how about how i invest 14k into works yamaguchi so that you and your buddy ryan can steal all his friends and customers money and shut down leaving jordan and i to pay back all the velocity guys he ripped off? and simba, and jesse, and samad mirza, oh and how bout richie crisp and his dad? not to mention the debt you left me in, ,and where were you? oh thats right you were right next to him sucking him off as usual. and also the doods from michigan that came down here looking for you fukcers for scamming people out of kei office coilovers on zilvia ,so f*** YOU! you better hope i never see you or deaf azz fukcing ryan because SH1T WILL GO DOWN. there are plenty of people lining up for you and ryan.

oh and redhb240SXS13 Kyle im guessing??

S loveless is the dood that we couldnt find to get the title from, he owned that car before you, hes not even close to as innocent as he wants to portray hes a SHADY A SS MOTHER FUKCER, and also i like you dood but i know that all the SH1T your saying that was wrong with the car wasnt, if you remember correctly i swapped that car before you ever even bought it and it had both mounts all the tranny bolts etc.. granted it was a piece of **** but there was nothing shady about that car i put it on the lift and let you inspect it before you bought it, you made that decision on your own.and i didnt even mention in here about all the stuff i know you doods stole off the cars that were left out back

theres no one in indy that can say i scammed them. if i make a mistake i dont go avoiding people i make it right, theres differences between making mistakes or fukcing people.

and ill say it again DO NOT TRUST S LOVELESS! DO NOT TRUST S LOVELESS! DO NOT TRUST S LOVELESS! DO NOT TRUST S LOVELESS! DO NOT TRUST S LOVELESS! DO NOT TRUST S LOVELESS! DO NOT TRUST S LOVELESS! DO NOT TRUST S LOVELESS! DO NOT TRUST S LOVELESS! DO NOT TRUST S LOVELESS! DO NOT TRUST S LOVELESS!

Modified by speedtribe at 10:40 PM 7/25/2008

redhb240SXS13

i have absolutely nothing against you taka. I dont know what anyone is referring to about you being shady. you were always upfront with me. But, that car was a piece, and everything i said that was wrong with it was. We even talked about it that night at mcdonalds. I have nothing against you at all man.

speedtribe

Kyle, I have nothing against you either, but being that I was part of that company during that time it falls on me too.if you weren't happy with the car you shouldn't had bought it.I let you and your father drive the car and i put it on the lift to let you inspect it. showed you what i thought should be replaced and even told you like 10 times that I THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR HATCH.

I feel like I gave you every opportunity to back out and you chose to buy it anyway.

my point is, I dont know hardly anything that had happened before I had started at MSL but I do know that it was ran pretty straight after I got in there.

I NEVER tried to be shady with you, I never hid from you, sh1t we even hung out a few times after that and one of those times we flipped a car! :D

but anyway, this bukkake racing guy or whatever with the mustang,IVE NEVER MET HIM hes never had any dealings with me whatsoever so hes just talking out of his ***.

Scott Loveless is a total scam artist piece of ****, him and his buddy/ roommate Ryan Stevens. they stole money from customers, from friends etc ... and then show up at my house one morning to let me know that "we" have decided to shut down. i just dumped 14k into this business so needless to say im pretty sh1tty.

well a few days later i go to the shop and the locks are changed, so i go to the office to get them to let me in, well it turns out that ryan hasnt paid rent in like 3 months, they agree to let me go in and get my stuff.

we get inside to find that Scott and Ryan have taken everything that was in there and decided f*** everyone else.

so now for the next 3 months, me and a friend named Jordan Nelson have to clean up the financial mess left behind, because a majority of the people were friends of ours that i wasnt going to lose because of them.this isnt even everything that could go into the story but you get the idea.

later down the line a little over 2 years later i order a container of sr20dets,

i PRE SELL 15 of them, well the container never shows up, i get the run around from the importer, tons of lies and bull sh1t, I want to believe him because I dont want to think i just lost 22k well in the end I never get the motors so I have to pay everyone back the money they gave me, some paid with credit card and had to pay interest for the 2 months that i had there cash so i paid for there interest fees also.

so thats the true story fellas so if all that some how makes me shady then so be it.

but i would have to be the worse scammer EVER if all i did was pay people back.

not to mention all that happened more then 4 years ago.

Koshin

Taka

What up son. Where you been?? You should see the car man. Ive got a gang of **** getting ready to go on it. Sicko. Later on buddy....

Rich

speedtribe

awesome man, cant wait to see it! I got your ac compressor and radiator mount things in my trunk. all be around pretty much all week if you want to come by.

KakkoiiRacing

taka, i know you dude.i also remember from a while back that even you said the way the shop did business was shady.i didn't mean that you did bad dealings.i meant that i tried for a few weeks to get ahold of you about an engine that you were around one day and gone the next.

it's not that i think you're shady, i think mark is.there is such a thing in the world as a successful unethical business.

i am not trying to lay everything on you here, i'm saying that the business in general didn't make me feel comfortable or confident in it's ability to get me what i wanted.

you really kinda blew what i said out of proportion and took it a different direction. didn't mean for it to be that way.

speedtribe

well hey dood im not here to start beef or drama etc... so if i took it out of context i apologize, but i feel like im getting attacked or blamed for things that i have never had anything to do with.like i said before, im not saying Ive never messed up, but i have always made good on it. and you're right i was there one day and gone the next. Marc had moved to Lafayette for a better opportunity and i moved to Chicago to do my own thing.but even before that i made sure that everyone who i had dealt with was taken care of.

so i apologize for not being able to help you on your motor.

anyway im glad were all on the same page here. i think most anyone who has dealt with me or even knows me on a personal level can vouch that im an honest person, I generally bend over backwards (not in a gay way) to make customers happy.

redhb240SXS13

I was happy with the car, sort of lol. I just needed something to drive. But ya know its in the past, not a big deal to me. Flipping it was effing sweet tho, i still have pictures lol. I didnt mean for this to turn into big bash thread, just wanted to share my experience. I have nothing against you or marc, you guys straightened everything out so its cool. Are you still in indy?

Koshin

I think that its funy how everyone was bashing Taka, and as soon as he responded on the thread everyones tone changed,

It really easy to talk sh** when you think no one is listening, LOL

I'll see you Monday Taka....later buddy

Rich

S.Loveless

First off what car are you talking about , I sold Marc a red S14 shell no one else and a gray S13 coupe and both came with titles when I sold them to him like three years ago, second your name was never on the lease or anything else like that so there was no reason that you should have had to pay for anything. Fourth Jordan had nothing to do with the shop so why he had to pay for anything is his deal. I had to file bankruptcy from that ****. I don't remember you putting 14,000 grand into ****. exept maybe for a carbon hood for your car and a 300zx for your girl friend, and an ugly *** front bumper for it. And for the record I have absolutley no problem with Marc he has always treated me fairly.
Modified by S.Loveless at 3:15 PM 7/27/2008

S.Loveless

If I personally screwed anyone I am truly sorry but I knew nothing about some Kei office coilovers on Zlvia. Also the thing with Richie, as far as i know everything was taken care of through Ryan. Furthermore If I have personally screwed anyone over please feel free to E-mail me at http://[email protected]. I do retract my statement about you not investing anything. I think you may have paid for some of the tiling in the showroom and some of the merchandise racks, But investing in business is risky trust me I lost a lot of money.My intentions where in no way shape or form where to be shady to anyone. If any money was stolen I was not aware of it. If you know me then you know the truth.
Modified by S.Loveless at 4:05 PM 7/27/2008

speedtribe

scott that is complete bull****, i put 10 grand on my credit card to build the showroom alone. a few thousand more in product, another 4 grand into paying what was owed in phones, electric and rent to the office for what ryan didnt pay, yeah i wasn't on the lease there but they had my phone number, address personal info etc... they were calling josh and i because you 2 wouldnt answer there calls. and if i wanted to help friends/customers/acquaintances etc... get there **** it had to be paid. what about Samad? what about the dood with the 3000gt? Libby's Z my car etc.... all that had to come out of there which wasn't coming out without them getting paid.not to mention the chick in missouri that was owed 4k for 3kgt parts she never recieved. matt in hawaii for **** he never recieved, simba and jessie in chicago for **** they never recieved. chuck in wisconsin had to be made good on for the **** motor that was sold to him.these are all thi ngs no one had any knowledge of except ryan.yeah those people and the rest i cant even remember anymore.

and i believe you maybe didnt intend to be shady or scam anyone, i mean how could you have known what was going on? Ryan wouldn't divulge any of the bank info to anyone but himself. but the fact remains that when you DID know about it, you walked side by side with your friend as he walked away with everyone's money in hand. and when Ryan ditched with everyone's money you were right there with him that to me makes you just as guilty.

that was the last anyone had seen or heard of any of you.

and yeah Jordan wasn't a part of the business, but i was. and we were friends so he tried to help me out when everyone else was ducking for cover.

and Richie Crisp and his father? that's a whole other story in its own. (which by the way do not trust these people either)

how the f*** are you gonna call ME shady?? n1gga please.

yeah investing in business is risky, and if everything would had been straight up and it flopped i wouldn't mind because i took the chance, but the fact is i invested 2 months before the fall. this **** had been going on for 6 months prior to that.

and yes i could have walked away and just said "sorry bout your luck guys"but im not that type of guy.

but you know what, i don't even give a **** anymore.... well yeah i do but f*** it its in the past, everyone was taken care of and i gained some good friends, contacts and experience out of it.

i don't know how much contact you have with Ryan these days but if i were you i would probably stay away from him.hes got quite a few people looking for him, people i DEFINITELY wouldn't want looking for me and they associate you and him together and i dont think a sorry is going to cut it.

Modified by speedtribe at 5:25 PM 7/27/2008

S.Loveless

YOu know what I'm done arguing with you about this because this is just going to go back and forth and get no where so again if anyone has been personally screwed by me hit me up. If you trully know me then you know the truth. so whatever

speedtribe

OK guys,

I talked with Scott and it seems like were both blaming each other for stuff that really isn't either of our faults.he was not the one selling the kei office coilovers on zilvia.

so i wanted to apologize to Scott publicly for calling him out on something that he DIDN'T have anything to do with.

so i hope everything is straight with everyone and were all good and happy again,im not a big nico forum guy so ill probably never post here again lol. if you have any problems with anything please dont talk sh1t on a forum.just bring it to me and ill be happy to fix it.

thanx guys.

S.Loveless

I would also like to apologize to Eric for anything that I said about him or anything to do with him I failed to do my research and trusted peoples word again I am sorry for that and sorry forr bringing bull**** to the forum

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Guys, that's kind of one of the many reasons why we exist - If it weren't for an open forum, connections wouldn't be made, news wouldn't spread, and shadiness would go unchecked.

Running a speed shop is NOT for the risk-averse personality - I'm amazed that some of you guys have the balls to put your money, time, credit and reputation on the line, because I KNOW how fast it can go sideways - sometimes over a simple misunderstanding.

Threads like these are good, especially if it helps clear the air somewhat.

And, as you all saw with the "Bud Brown" thread, we don't tolerate scammers, and 90% of the time, we're successful in getting the situation squared away.

Carry on, y0.

KakkoiiRacing

Taka/Eric (not sure what you wanna be called, lol) I didn't mean for it to sound like I was bashing you, but if it sounded like it, I do apologize. It took Mark an incredably long time to get business taken care of and that's not customer satisfaction to me. this is what i was refering to.

in any case, i'm glad to see you kept on going and are still in the industry because the few times I talked to you, you were a cool guy. if you're back in indy, then we definately gotta keep in touch bc of the degree i'll be getting here soon.

i'll stand by what you say man, bc you seem more honest than most people on here and bc you know what it takes to stand up for yourself without attacking and I dig that.

Kyle, you are a rather large man. Someone do the math and figure out how his *** even fits in a 240....

goatseboy

mmm dont you just love the car business? i know i sure do!

lovesteve martin (former partial owner of extreme imports) (former msl employee)

better known as goatse

Koshin

how do you go from this.......
KakkoiiRacing wrote: There are two things wrong here, one of which can be overlooked.1)You building an SR (Mostly a joke bc you have better options but if that's what you're looking for or have, more power to ya [no pun intended])2)MSL??!! REALLY??? You WANT them to screw up and charge you for it?TISK TISK My friend!I've been up there and I really didn't care for the crooked way he does/did business.Taka aka Erik Dillon aka what's his name was doing business with Mark and then fell off the face of the Earth.I say good ridance.We need better businessmen in our area. Anyone wanna second that?
to this......
KakkoiiRacing wrote:Taka/Eric (not sure what you wanna be called, lol) I didn't mean for it to sound like I was bashing you, but if it sounded like it, I do apologize. It took Mark an incredably long time to get business taken care of and that's not customer satisfaction to me. this is what i was refering to.

in any case, i'm glad to see you kept on going and are still in the industry because the few times I talked to you, you were a cool guy. if you're back in indy, then we definately gotta keep in touch bc of the degree i'll be getting here soon.

i'll stand by what you say man, bc you seem more honest than most people on here and bc you know what it takes to stand up for yourself without attacking and I dig that.

Kyle, you are a rather large man. Someone do the math and figure out how his *** even fits in a 240....
in one thread........

you should figure out how you feel before you start bashing people on forums bro, bad form

Rich

Return to “Central Region”