models of our favorite trucks

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
PALISADESPARK

Hello all:

I don't know about everyone in the forum but i have been looking hi and low for a L320 diecast model truck. You know the ones all car nuts have sitting on the shelf looking real cool so they can tell all there friends about.

Well good news at least for me. I found a japan toy company that i just signed up with to buy this toy truck. And when it is all said and done to include shipping from japan it will cost me $40.00! Thats not to bad for a die cast truck.

I have also found a 1300 truck, a 521 truck and an unkown I think its another 521, but not sure.

Once i get mine i will take some real pictures of it and post it for everyone to see. After that maybe if other memebers want to purchase some of these trucks I could do that for them and keep it at the same 40.00 cost, just because you guys and gals have all the most wonderful trucks in the world, not to mention kind hearts and thoughtful advice in helping out fellow datsun truck lovers. Okay enough with the mushy stuff!!! you guys are GREAT!!!!
Thanks for all the help you have given me. I will be posting photos soon on my L320 project.

James[img][/img][img][/img]:P

P.S. I can only figure out how to post one picture. I can E-mail picts of the others if you wantor some one tell me how to post multiple pics, please.

IMH

Not trying to burst your bubble and I hope you get it but I have ordered that same model three different times only to find out that it was on back order and out of stock/production.   Your best chance is if you ever come across one on eBay.

IMH

I just found one on eBay and did a Buy it now.  My total cost including shipping is $24.36.  His eBay ID is 'toyeast' and last time I checked he had a couple more and some 521 die casts as well.

71-521

PALISADESPARK

Isn't that just the way it goes, when you get something you have never seen before and you think its all that, then you find them all over the place.

I got my conformation E-mail back from the Japan Toy company and found out I selected TWO (2) trucks. WAIT a minute I thought i only selected one! Good thing they sent out a confomation E-mail.

So as it turns out the toy company is the same one thats on E-bay, toyeast. The L320 was only $15. and some change with 6.and some change shipping. That sounds much better on price for a toy. And to think I got excited over the $40.00 dollar price! I guess it was still good for 2 trucks.

Well thanks for all the leads on these little trucks. Mine is on the way.

Did you notice in the pictures that the trucks are right hand drives? I guess that makes sense coming from Japan.

So weather a person buys these toy trucks from Japan directly or on E-bay the price is pretty close to beiing the same.

I will still take some pictures and post them when i receive the truck.

James

IMH

Well, my Tomica LV15 die cast Datsun 1200 pickup arrived in the mail today.  All the way from Hong Kong!  It only took 11 days.  It's quite small about 'Hot Wheels' size and it even has suspension, sort of.  I wish it didn't have that light bar or whatever that is in the front of the bed.  The detail is very good for something that small.

starcannon99109

I love the old beds on the datsun pickups. Am hoping to replace my smooth body bed with an earlier 80's model bed on my 720 KC 4x4 (mines got cancer anyway) And I think the older design looked better, and worked better (though still prone to cancer on most counts that I've read)
Anyway always liked the styling.
~Rob
P.S. thats an awesome model, did you build it? if so incredible, if not...still incredible, makes me wanna shrink down so i can take it for a spin :D

IMH

No that's a 1/64 scale die cast.  About 'Hot Wheels' size.  They come assembled with the exception of that cover over the bed which I have set aside.

320NUT

Hey there Palisadespark - James

I just signed up and was wondering if you still are dealing with the die cast model of the L320. If so I am way interested. You can contact me at [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

I've been restoring my '63 and using parts from my '64 - J-13 w/motors

Peace - Matt :) 

320NUT

wooops !!

I got a head of myself with that last reply .... didn't scroll down to catch the new info.

so... nevermind .                       Matt -:)

Return to “Datsun Chat”