MMA you Filthy Bastards!

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
fayceoff

The party line was that he took too much cold medicine and an Ambien, but they woke him up after only 3 hours of sleep...

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

that was a good card with some good fights....the one heavyweight fight was a bit of a snoozer though.

did Hughs GSP go more than one round? I can't remember...

adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

Mr1der wrote:did Hughs GSP go more than one round? I can't remember...
I think so...

iirc the was only 1 fight at Nemesis that lasted 1 round, all the other ones were multiple

Silva vs. Iceman was a good one tho... I really wanted Silva to win tho... either way, he put up a great fight

fayceoff

GSP>Hughes ended in the 2nd round. Hughes is probably going to really start talking about retirement soon. I like that GSP says he's not going to wear the belt and/or consider himself the champion until he fights Serra.

Wand vs Chuck was pretty much everything I hoped for.

Mr1der

adrians_s13 wrote:I think so...

iirc the was only 1 fight at Nemesis that lasted 1 round, all the other ones were multiple

Silva vs. Iceman was a good one tho... I really wanted Silva to win tho... either way, he put up a great fight
Guillard - Clementi didn't make it out of the first either.

Wand/ Chuck could've used a KO

ah well...I wanna see him fight someone a little shorter and throw some elbows and work the clinch.

Chuck's a back peddling sucker...yet he'll still hit hard doing it.

fayceoff

No comments on the second dismantling of Hughes by GSP?

xekushnr
Car: '90 240sx Hatch

I didnt get to see UFC 79. I did see Fedor return on HDnet though, and that was free. They had some good fights. I'll be looking for a torrent on UFC 79.

Mr1der

fayceoff wrote:No comments on the second dismantling of Hughes by GSP?
I kinda figured it'd happen after he wasted another great wrestler by out wrestling him in Koscheck

I still wanna see Hughes/Serra

and a newcomer in the title fray.

like Fitch.

generic808
Car: 08 Infiniti G35S
10 Infiniti EX35

fayceoff wrote:No comments on the second dismantling of Hughes by GSP?
GSP took Hughes to school, and put him on detention! Matt couldn't do anything to GSP. The speed and skill of GSP overcame Matt's power. Hughes couldn't take him to the mat; on the ground, Hughes looked like an amateur against GSP.

Wanderlei didn't look like himself. He seemed very hesitant and didn't have that killer instict that made him so aggressive in the past. I think it's either his age, nervousness, or his new training camp. The Chute Boxe fighters are all so aggressive. He's no longer with them, unfortunately.

Mr1der

he knew better than to rush in on Liddell

he's a lot smarter than he looks.

he's got a hell of a chin...but feeding Chuck's strengths isn't a way to win a fight.

hell, he's only 31 I think.

generic808
10 Infiniti EX35

31 but has been fighting forever and a half. I'm just really suprised at his hesitation throughout the entire fight, even the last round. He knew he was behind on the score cards. I think he was just happy to not get KO'd.

xekushnr

What about the possibility of a Fedor/Couture matchup? It could happen sometime this year.

generic808
10 Infiniti EX35

I believe Fedor signed with another organization so I don't think that'll happen anytime in the near future, unfortunately.

generic808
10 Infiniti EX35

Can't wait for a Rampage vs Henderson matchup. I think that'll be the fight of the year. Funny thing is, they are very good friends. I had the pleasure of hanging out with the both of them in LA.

xekushnr

generic808 wrote:I believe Fedor signed with another organization so I don't think that'll happen anytime in the near future, unfortunately.
He signed with M-1 Global. They said on HDnet that they want to get Couture out of his contract, but I doubt that will happen. Couture wants to fight as well, he said that if UFC can finally agree to cooperate with another promoter that the fight will happen. Regardless, Couture's contract with UFC is up in October, so I think it's a definite possibility that this fight could happen this year.

xekushnr

generic808 wrote:Can't wait for a Rampage vs Henderson matchup. I think that'll be the fight of the year. Funny thing is, they are very good friends. I had the pleasure of hanging out with the both of them in LA.
Rampage is a character. I've never met him, but he seems like a total nutjob. He is an insane fighter though.

generic808
10 Infiniti EX35

Haha tell me about it. Quint hits on every and any decent looking girl in his vicinity; it's so classic! But, he is so much fun!

I know Couture wasn't happy with his UFC contract, so maybe. But, I highly doubt it because that's where the biggest payouts are. MMA has turned into a business moreso than a sport these days, and it all started with Tito. But it's something they have earned and deserve. It's just unfortunate that Dana and the "brothers" are the ones getting the big money.

fayceoff

generic808 wrote:Can't wait for a Rampage vs Henderson matchup.
You don't have to. It happened LAST year. UFC 75 Champion Vs. Champion. I remember because it was on my birthday, September 7th. Hendo lost by unanimous decision.

Mr1der

yup...

it's Hendo-A Silva next.

should be a great fight.

I see Hendo taking it by UD or submission.

both have SUPER hard heads.

fayceoff

Doesn't happen often between Mr1der and I, but I agree. They'll come out going at each other like crazed spider-monkeys, but I think Hendo will pull out a ground and pound TKO in the 3rd.

Mr1der

I don't think he'll ever get the TKO though....

Silva's crafty on the mat too honestly.

I can't really see it not being a full 5 rounder.

Hendo might MIGHT get a ko with that huge right hand...but at the same time...Anderson could get a tko off him if he connects enough hard punches (I don't see a thai clinch working out to well as a fight ender considering Dan's greco skills)

xekushnr

SILVA BY TRIANGLE!!

Mr1der

doubtful.

Hendo's taken Big Nog to a decision...that fight rocked...

xekushnr

Mr1der wrote:doubtful.

Hendo's taken Big Nog to a decision...that fight rocked...
Thats why it was a joke. He's really going to win by an OMOPLATA

Mr1der

Hendo by flying gogo.

generic808
10 Infiniti EX35

Thoughts on the BJ Penn fight? I train with a guy who trains with BJ, and word on the street is that he's not training seriously this time around. Apparently, he has his mind on other endeavors. I guess I really shouldn't say what it is though because Hawaii is too small.

fayceoff

Really? BJ not training seriously? That's not like him at all! [/sarcasm]

BJ is KNOWN for not giving training his all. That's probably the only reason he's only been UFC champion once. You give a guy a nickname like "the Prodigy" and he assumes that natural talent and freakish flexibilty might be enough to pull out the win. A lot of times it is, but when it's not... Well, let's just say I don't think he's going to be able to beat Joe Daddy if he hasn't put in his time at the gym.
Modified by fayceoff at 7:27 PM 1/14/2008

Mr1der

if he's not taking it seriously...Stevenson will work him.

fayceoff

He's been fighting professionally for nearly 7 years. You would think he would get it by now, but he obviously doesn't.

In other news: Sean Sherk's suspension was cut in half (CSAC) which should mean he's eligible to fight as of now. That being the case, why is the Penn/Stevenson fight still an "Interim Title" match and not just a regular number one contender match? Anyone...? Anyone...? Bueller...?
Modified by fayceoff at 7:53 PM 1/14/2008

Mr1der

it's not an interim.

he straight up got stripped once he was actually convicted of use

Return to “The Sports Bar”