MMA you Filthy Bastards!

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
NoStickers
Car: 1991 240sx w/ sr (RIP)
1989 240sx w/ ka
1996 240sx donor car (coming soon)

crocop has been a disappointment lately... id still like to see him fight sylvia though lol

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

nandralone...the added red blood cells would be a huge perk.

in the cycling world, they're already checking for blood doping...something like a cyclist will store their own blood to add more cells before the race...more red cells, more oxygen to the muscles...I may be wrong on how they're doing it...but the effect is correct.

fayceoff

We used to do that on the football team in high school. We didn't know it was illegal, but I'm sure Coach did. We'd get a pint (or a pint and a half, depending on your weight) drawn on Monday morning, and then they'd put it back in Friday after school before the game. Closest I've ever come to amphetamines!

Mr1der

I'm not really sure how effective that is...don't really remember how quickly the body will replace red blood cells though...

fayceoff

kOOukiCrisp
Car: 98 Nissan 240sx

lol...they made stephan bonnar look like a scrawnny old man

what did you guys think of the rampage and henderson fight?

Mr1der

it was entertaining...yet seemed a bit anticlimatic for what it was.

I wanna see Dan drop to 185 now..he's got another belt to unify.

it also gives Anderson Silva immediate world class competition.

he should have a tune up match first though...maybe the loser of the Silva/Franklin fight.

hell, they could set it all up for one hell of a superbowl weekend card....4 title fights...or 5.

you could have GSP vs Hughes/Serra

Randy vs Nog or god willing, Fedor.

Quinton vs Shogun...

Hendo vs Franklin/Silva

Penn vs Sherk/ Joe Daddy if Sherk's suspended.

that card would be unrivaled in badass on paper.

kOOukiCrisp

it was anticlimatic because both henderson and rampage are pride fighters. and pride fighters are conditioned for a 10 minute first round. so they were very well paced the whole fight.

its gonna be a while until hughes and serra fight...they gotta get through the whole ultimate fighter show which will take some months. cant wait for them to give gsp a title shot again...i think he really deserves it. i wanna see a hughes and gsp 3!!!

...o and...add on to that fight card WANDERLEI SILVA!!! i cant believe dana signed him. wonder who he's gonna fight first. he's probably gonna get a title shot for his debut like most of the other pride fighters that came over to the ufc. that means silva and rampage! wow...fight cards are lookin great lately.

dana whites laughin and rollin around in his money while gettin head from matt hughes...they got butthole chemistry goin on

kOOukiCrisp

oh yea...liddel is gonna KILL jardine!

Mr1der

I think the idea for Wand is to bring him in to fight Chuck after Chuck knocks out Jardine like everyone's predicting....setting up for them to fight around december or january.

fayceoff

Mr1der wrote:...after Chuck knocks out Jardine like everyone's predicting
Hmmm... What did you think of that fight? And why is Randy fvckin' with our emotions again?!

Mr1der

Jardine played Liddell in...he didn't let Chuck back pedal and nail him with a counterpunch or anything...I figured Jardine would have a puncher's chance but didn't think he'd straight up out strike him.

Griffin/Shogun however...freakin' crazy.

fayceoff

Mr1der wrote:Jardine played Liddell in...he didn't let Chuck back pedal and nail him with a counterpunch or anything...I figured Jardine would have a puncher's chance but didn't think he'd straight up out strike him.

Griffin/Shogun however...freakin' crazy.
Yeah, that was just a card full of upsets, right? But again, what do you think about Randy retiring - or RESIGNING, as he called it - again? Fedor signed with some bullcrap organization in Russia and Randy says that he was the only real challenge left for him. Plus, he's doesn't like that he doesn't make enough money, but Dana says that only Chuck makes more than Randy.

kOOukiCrisp

Randy was supposed to be retired anyway. He only came back because everybody was sick of Tim Sylvia. But the Liddel and Jardine fight was a huge upset for me. Jardines style is horrible. I just cant wait for GSP to get his belt back.

fayceoff

Randy came back because Brandon Vera's manager couldn't get his crap together and get Vera the championship fight. I guess this weekend we'll see if Vera should've been wearing the title for the last 6 months or so, huh?

Mr1der

only way GSP will get his belt back is if he manages to knock out Serra.

I really don't see Hughes getting it back....Serra's not that easy to knock out despite watching the dreaded spinning backfist....Hughes sure as hell won't do it.

only way Hughes takes it is if he's able to actually not get swept and get the decision. Or Serra gases and gets TKO'd.

also, I love Randy....but it's somewhat insulting to walk away because Fedor didn't get signed....I mean hell, Big Nog and Cro Cop are still there. Both very dangerous.

I can respect the money situation...I've walked out for that too.

Mr1der

well, it was just announced that Stevenson will face Penn for the interim UFC LW belt.

tough fight for either...I think Stevenson will take the decision from rounds 3-5.

or get finished in the 1st

fayceoff

I don't know, I think it could go either way, but you're probably right. I've never seen Stephenson get submitted and BJ DOES tend to gas, so...

Mr1der

I think he's got one submission and one KO loss.

anything else has been decision, both of those were early on in his career.

he's a tough fight for anyone in two or three weight classes.

fayceoff

His 3 losses that weren't decisions were a KO by Jens Pulver and 2 choke submissions...

Mr1der

opinion on the upcoming card?

the announcement of the main event kinda irritated me but the the card as a whole looks pretty good.

I hope J Lau's fight makes the broadcast.

MiiLaNo
Car: 90 TTZ, 96 NA Slicktop, 01 M3

honestly though guys, upcoming fights..... LIDDELL VS. SILVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know about chuck anymore after his lost against jardine, but anyways Im leaning towards silva! but Idk its goin to be a crazy fight! the way it leaves me, is that silva lost against ortiz but chuck one by TKO! idk im jus trippin about this fight, cant wait! haha

fayceoff

I don't know... I think Chuck and Wand are almost on an even keel right now. Wand hasn't fought since February and his last two were losses, but to champion caliber fighters (Henderson and Cro-Cop). Chuck doesn't have the ring rust, but he's coming off two losses, as well. Don't know if I'd consider Jardine to be champion caliber yet, though... It's a toss-up in my opinion.

Mr1der

I see Wand taking it.

Chuck will drop him probably once...but I don't think he'll finish him and eventually get caught.

GSP Hughes rubber?

I wanna see Hughes take it so he can face Serra.

fayceoff

ShadyAltima
Car: Nissan Altima 06 2.5SL

Gsp>Matt Hughes Ufc 79.

Mr1der

yeah...probably so...I've got no problem with that except I wanna see Serra and Hughes fight.

Matt Serra making fun of him was the only reason to watch it TUF this season...Danzig was a sure win anyway...

ever watch the video of him tearing Mark Laimon a new ******* on TUF4?

actually...here's his impression from the nut shot...comedy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqJEXtZRK3I

fayceoff

Look at this video of Chuck - I'm thinking too much Nyquil. Any other opinions?

http://www.break.com/index/chu....html

generic808
Car: 08 Infiniti G35S
10 Infiniti EX35

Dude, he was smokin' some weed! That was too funny!

ShadyAltima
Car: Nissan Altima 06 2.5SL

so whos watching tonights pay-per-view? My friends and I already ordered it and gonna chill back wit some pizza rootin for Chuck+ Gsp

Return to “The Sports Bar”