Missing EGR valve 3.5 MAX and I35 FSM Docs

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
HeliMan
Car: 1991 Z32 turbo

Hello there Ive got a pressing question I just cant seem find a answer to even on the net

Well Here it is crazy as it sounds this might be stupid question so forgive me, but I've looked through all of the FSMs on 3.5 i35s and and 3.5 maximas and cant find any reference relating to the EGR valve at all
and I have reviewed all sections of the EC documents like the general system ecu schematics, the DTC component troubleshoot section, No luck
its like they deleted the part when they went to a new displacement engine? , but I know it exists as I've seen EGR valves for 3.5 maximas and I35s at auto parts stores??? :confused:

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

If the engine has variable cam timing that takes the place of the old EGR system. The cam then moves to a more cam overlapped position to allow for more exhaust dilution, the same thing as pumping in EGR exhaust gas. The intake will advance more or exhaust retards, it's been done both ways.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”