Missing Bose Radio Buttons

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
ZiprHead
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45 base

I've got a 99 Q45 with Bose head unit CN588. The unit is missing buttons #2 and #5 from the radio presets panel. Anyone out there that has upgraded from this unit be willing to sell those buttons to me?

98_Q45

I can...how do I get them off?

ZiprHead

Sorry I haven't gotten back to this. Been pretty hectic and out of town the last few days.

How do they come off? Good question. Maybe experiment with the 1, 3, 4, and six buttons and see what works. If need be, I can post a pic of what the missing button areas look like.

Thank you very much for looking into this. Very much appreciated.

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

I have one out of a 97' sitting in my trunk, happy to send the whole thing to you if you want to pay shipping. PM me [email protected] if your interested, I have meant to throw that away a number of times. It isn't that horrible to replace that old POS with a new double DIN Pioneer unit using a $39 harness so you don't have to cut anything and a $29 Bose adapater. The whole thing for a Pioneer bluetooth (with phone hookup you don't have use but I love it) capable high-def radio ran me about $500 out the door installed professionally. The car now doesn't scream 1997 and seems very updated (got I could never go back to the old 6 disk changer).

ZiprHead

Thank you very much for your offer. Email sent. I would very much like to swap it out but funds are limited due to living on disability.

98_Q45

@bad, I did the radio swap for a $100 Boss Audio (after numerous epic fails, first one was stolen out the box of my unlocked car while the BOSE unit was still in there, then reordered and didn't like the way it looked...a single din with a giant screen). Also, I got the right wiring harness...a kit from metra, but it was RCA hookups and sounded like s***.

Finally got home 3 weeks later, put in a double-din touchscreen and used PAC Nissan w/Bose wiring...super easy, and included a Boss sound filter...all for less than $150. The amplifier sounds SICK now.

I would not pay to have this installed. The center console was surprisingly easy to remove. I'm not a tech head myself, but I did it just as good if not better than Best Buy would have (I let them install a radio in my old Camry years ago, and pretty much just did the same and some extra to my Maxima and now the q45.

BTW, still have the old BOSE if anyone needs the buttons. Unfortunently, I took the face off trying to find interior lights for the climate control that were burnt out. Didnt find any. Plus the overall unit was ready to go anyway, the volume button was erratic (turning it down would turn it UP, and vice versa). and half the lights were out.

I was a bit disappointed that I had no hope for the phone controls or a steering wheel control either. But the radio came with a bluetooth and a remote so...not all is lost. But I'm curious...I noticed a "volume" button on the side of the phone controls that went unnoticed before I did the radio. Did you get any use out of that?

Also...trying to figure out what to do with the whole phone system and "no service" thing. I checked AT&T and they only have OBI plug ins. I hate driving around with s*** that doesn't work lol.

ZiprHead

Mine doesn't have the telephone option.

98_Q45

I see people selling Lezus and BMW phones on eBay. Thing is, I don’t think car phones will even work anymore due to something with the FCC or whatever. I would like to turn mine into a WiFi hotspot or something functional.

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

I took the Pioneer double DIN radio and did the full bluetooth wiring just next to the rear view mirror. I had professional installation for the whole thing and they put that in as part of it. They do it everyday and i have not DIY skill so well worth $200. If you can put that mic in that spot it is as good as a new cars bluetooth.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”