Missed gear now car wont start!!HELP

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Coqui_Racer

Hello everyone, I was given this site by a friend and was told there are some very Knowledgeable on these boards and if possible I need some help. First off I have a 96 200sx se-r. I was out the other night and playing around and I was going through all my gears to see what each topped out at. When I was going to switch from 4th to 5th I hit 3rd. the car jerked after hitting redline and I stopped to pull over to make sure everything was ok. After comming to a complete stop the car turrned off and did not come back on? I left the car in a parking lot and went back the next morning the car started for a few seconds but it had a knocking sound but did not sound like normal engine knock. since then the car will not start at all.

Any ideas comments suggestions would be great. Thanks for any possible help

Maverick7687
Car: Sagemist(FSO) 1998 Maxima SE & Charcoal Metallic(KG2) 1993 240sx & My newly aquired Pearl White 1990

uuhh...top of 4th to 3rd+redline....from what I hear...that = blown motor....that would be my first thought...Mav

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Yeah man, that's not good. My guess is also a blown motor. You need to have a compression check done on your car to double check, but bets are that you need a new motor.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”