misfire

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
DashS13
Car: 89 Nissan 240sx

before i get the search post...i have, all post are not of the same nature.

bought car with CAS loose tightened it down at about the right point . havnt pulled valve cover to reset it yet, engine stalled when stoping and during decel. Recirculated bov, installed new plugs gapped at .28 and all stalling stopped car runs fantastic.

untill i put the engine under heavy load. redline first, bov lets off. shift to second and it get misfire. shift into 3rd and everything is fine.

know about boost leaks, cracked bad or bad ground on coilpacks, bad fuel injectors or regulator, even saw gapping plugs to .32.

i think its a fuel issue, anyone else agree, just want a basis where to start my search...all help is appricated
i went from an integra to an sr20det...we all start somewhere'

CSUPUEBLOTIM
Car: 1992 240sx Sr20det Coupe Silvia Front

Did you set your base timing since the cas was messed with?

DashS13

i have reset cas. havnet checked timing degree with timing light yet, my turbo decided to kick the bucket prviously and ive been dealing with that issue

madsx
Car: 240sx

i think i can help my s14 was doing the same change plug and also check timing and fuel pressure, what i change was the fuel strainer on the fuel pump and problem was fix. if its a s13 you may have a lot of rust. hope it helps

DashS13

yeah i havent looked into the fuel system at all. was told it had walbro 255, stock fpr, also today while driving the throttle got stuck wide open after i let of pedal it did not stop reving, pulled over immediately shut of car mad sure all vac lines were connected and then i disconnected MAF and started fine. didnt happen again yet...wired as f*ck

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”