mirror compass

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
rg11782

As a new owner of an EX35 and I was wondering if anyone knows why the mirror compass is deleted when you purchase the navagation package?? I would have liked the compass to be included.

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

I would imagine that with Navigation the compass is now on the screen.

rg11782

That may be true although I have yet to find it on the navagation screen. Even if it is there you don't always have the navagation on. I would much prefer the direction in the mirror. My only complaint. The EX35 is a dream car to me. We traded in a 2003 G35, and there is no comparison.

michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

THE COMPASS IS ON THE LEFT BOTTOM SIDE OF YOUR MAP WHEN YOU ACTIVATE MAP MODE. IT IS ALSO VISIBLE FROM YOUR LITTLE CENTER COMPUTER TRIP MODULE, THE RED SCREEN BEHIND THE STEERING WHEEL.

IT'S ENOUGH COMPASS FOR ME AND IT DOESN'T TAKE AWAY ANYTHING THE MIRROR SHOULD BE DOING. AFTER ALL IT'S PRIMARELY FUNCTION IS TO LOOK BEHIND.

CIAO FOR NOW

rg11782

Thank you Michel for this information.

thebunk
Car: EX35

MichelPlease help - I just picked up the EX. It has all the Nav. Options which eliminates the Mirror compass. I have found the compass on the left bottom of the Nav. Map Screen but I CAN NOTfigure how to get it showing on the Dash Trip (Red Screen). The manual and dash buttons don’tshow an option for Compass or Direction - Please help with how you got it working on your RedScreen.

Thanks

Mark Booth

You won't find one in the red screen (between tach and speedo) because there isn't one there. Michel is imagining things!

Mark

thebunk
Car: EX35

Thanks - I’m glad to find I am not nuts. I do miss the ability to look up for my directionwithout having the Map Screen On, I’ll have to get used to it.Bunk

michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

You won't find one in the red screen (between tach and speedo) because there isn't one there. Michel is imagining things! Mark

ok mister smarty pants (hehe) so i was deranged for a little while. whats wrong with a little disinformation? so if I told you my power steering was making a terrible noise to today and I went to the dealer to find out I was missing a quart of power steering wheel oil and the system was full of air, would you believe me Marc? would you ? ...love your garage....

Ciao for now

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”