Mini Murano?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
flyerno9
Car: 2003 Nissan Murano

So I'm about to accept an outside sales position that will have me spending a lot more time on the road. I'm currently driving a 2003 Murano getting 18-20 mpg in the city. With the new job on the horizon gas mileage is on my mind, so of course I looked at the hybrids first. There's just something about them I don't like. Maybe it's the fact that I don't like driving compacts and sadans, and the hybrid SUV's our out of my price range. Either way I was excited to see that Nissan now has a hatchback in it's lineup.

To be honest when I saw the Versa the 1st time I thought it was my Murano, just lowered. I didn't really think much of the Mini Mo other than the fact it was much better looking than the Fit, Vibe or xA [because it looks so much like the Murano]. After doing my homework on the Versa I come to find out I can get a very technolgically equiped [Bluetooth, XM, MP3 jack, etc.] Versa for about the same price as my used 2003 Murano.

Anyway... I just wanted to say hi to the group and let you all know I hope to be joining the owners club shortly.

I'm looking forward to test driving the Versa next week [I'll try not to compare it to the Mo to much].

By the way, I have the DVD navigation in my Murano... the Versa isn't offering Nav yet are they? http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp...85423

BenzTech Gone Versa
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8SL

Take your time because the dealer will rush you to buy the demo or out of the dealer stock.its worth the wait for a fully loaded versa or the sport model thats comming out soon.Worth Every penny!!!

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Nissan North America is not offering a nav system on the Versa. It is offered on the Tiida in Japan, but apparently won't be here. Difference in marketing... over there it's a "near-luxury" car while over here it's an economy car with toys.

Several of our members have mounted dash-mount nav systems and been able to hide the cables very well. You could also get a double-din in-dash nav stereo system, but since no wiring harnesses exist yet, there will be much splicing to be done.

I have a co-worker who drives a Murano (he's also in the field like me), but he won't be giving his up.. we get a hefty mileage reimbursement. He comes out even gas vs. reimbursement, and I actually make enough money on the proposition to pay for maintenance as well!

welcome, and hope to have you and your V aboard soon.

MIdnkight-lude

flyerno9 wrote:So I'm about to accept an outside sales position that will have me spending a lot more time on the road. I'm currently driving a 2003 Murano getting 18-20 mpg in the city. With the new job on the horizon gas mileage is on my mind, so of course I looked at the hybrids first. There's just something about them I don't like. Maybe it's the fact that I don't like driving compacts and sadans, and the hybrid SUV's our out of my price range. Either way I was excited to see that Nissan now has a hatchback in it's lineup.

To be honest when I saw the Versa the 1st time I thought it was my Murano, just lowered. I didn't really think much of the Mini Mo other than the fact it was much better looking than the Fit, Vibe or xA [because it looks so much like the Murano]. After doing my homework on the Versa I come to find out I can get a very technolgically equiped [Bluetooth, XM, MP3 jack, etc.] Versa for about the same price as my used 2003 Murano.

Anyway... I just wanted to say hi to the group and let you all know I hope to be joining the owners club shortly.

I'm looking forward to test driving the Versa next week [I'll try not to compare it to the Mo to much].

By the way, I have the DVD navigation in my Murano... the Versa isn't offering Nav yet are they? http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp...85423
one suggestion but you lose alot of the bluetooth and other fun tech stuff, is to get a double din aftermarket nav. it look like it belongs in that radio slot

but i wish you lock on your choice

BenzTech Gone Versa
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8SL

You Can Spend Way Less Money On A Mobile Navi System.This Way You Can Take It With You Or Hide It In Your Car And It Wont Get Stolen,Those Big Head Units Attract Too Much Eyes.Average Price for head unit is $1,000 vs $350.00 for some hand held!And If You Are Like Me The Versa Isn't The Only Car You Have So You Can Take The Navi Into Each Car.It Might Actually Even Work With The AUX In Line On The Radio.For Now That Line Belongs To My IPOD.

campersand

BenzTech Gone Versa wrote:You Can Spend Way Less Money On A Mobile Navi System.This Way You Can Take It With You Or Hide It In Your Car And It Wont Get Stolen,Those Big Head Units Attract Too Much Eyes.Average Price for head unit is $1,000 vs $350.00 for some hand held!And If You Are Like Me The Versa Isn't The Only Car You Have So You Can Take The Navi Into Each Car.It Might Actually Even Work With The AUX In Line On The Radio.For Now That Line Belongs To My IPOD.
Wow, I've never seen anyone type like that. Isn't it a lot of work?

flyerno9
Car: 2003 Nissan Murano

BenzTech Gone Versa wrote:You Can Spend Way Less Money On A Mobile Navi System.This Way You Can Take It With You Or Hide It In Your Car And It Wont Get Stolen,Those Big Head Units Attract Too Much Eyes.Average Price for head unit is $1,000 vs $350.00 for some hand held!And If You Are Like Me The Versa Isn't The Only Car You Have So You Can Take The Navi Into Each Car.It Might Actually Even Work With The AUX In Line On The Radio.For Now That Line Belongs To My IPOD.
I didn't even notice that almost every word was capitalized... funny stuff.

Jemdawg
Car: Super Black Nissan Versa 1.8SL Hatchback

You can always get an in-dash navi and make the cubby into a single din reciever area.

That's the route I would go if I wanted navi, because I could have a dedicated reciever for my music.

c5neb
Car: 2007 Fresh Powder Versa SL

My original thought when I saw the Versa was that it is a Mini-Mo! I, too, would have preferred a built-in nav for my V, but I settled happily for the Garmin Nuvi 350 which was going for cheap at Sam's Club. The shot below shows the temp. installation near the rear view mirror. It does block a portion of the mirror, but it is where the driver's seat headrest reflects:

marleyfan
Car: Black Versa SL, CVT. Tech Package, 35% Tint, Window Visors, Spoiler

C5, If your miror is adjusted properly then your driver's seat headrest shouldn't be reflected at all. I wouldn't drive with part of my mirror covered like that personally. I have the Garmin C330 and I have it winshield mounted down at dashboard level. Doesnt block any important view of the road and I don't have to look up to see the map. It's almost like a HUD.

Return to “Versa General Chat”