Miles per Charge/Gas Mileage Equivalent

The web's first forum dedicated to Nissan's groundbreaking electric car, the Nissan Leaf.
kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

This forum wouldn't be complete without a discussion of real-world gas mileage, but since the Leaf runs on electric power only we'll have to report your experiences in "miles per charge" or another reasonable alternative.

Please post your Miles/Charge or Km's/Charge and please be sure to state your driving conditions as this is essential and efficiency is heavily dependant on these details, for example 70%city driving vs. 30% highway, warm summer conditions or cold winter etc..

xpumper
Car: 2011 Leaf

The statistic corresponding to gas mileage is Miles per Kilowatt-hour. Usually around 4. Mine is currently 4.1.
I easily get 100 miles to a charge; I put the car in eco mode and drive as if it were gas powered. I use the AC, but the climate is mild here. My driving is probably 20% hyway, 10% city, and 70% suburban streets. For me, 100 miles is alot; I rarely drive over 50 miles in a day.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Thanks for the info, hopefully we can get more owners reporting their real-world numbers.

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

I need to RTFM to remind myself how to put it into eco mode....I haven't used that yet. My wife is the daily driver of the car and she gets a comforable 90 miles to a charge. My issue is I have over in Half Moon Bay, and to drive to Palo Alto I need to go on 280 for 30 miles, that is what kills the battery.

Esoteric64
Car: 2014 Nissan Leaf

I'm the new owner of a 2014 Nissan Leaf and have traveled about 1300 miles since purchased. My round trip to the airport is about 62 miles with no hills and at highway speeds between 55 and 65 MPH. I did the trip in 25F weather (climate control on), four adults and sixty pounds of luggage (two adults to the airport and four adults with luggage on the return) and it used 75 percent of my battery. I repeated the trip a week later with 70mph wind gusts (head wind), temperature 10F, and windchill of -20 and the car was blinking "00" while pulling into the garage. Full distance of round trip is 62 miles. My commute to work is about 32 miles, no hills, and recent weather is between 25F to 40F. Travel is all highway speeds between 55 and 65 MPH with no wind. When I arrive at work there is still 68% battery remaining. With the climate control on it drops to about 64%. I find wind, excessive speed, very cold temperatures, and hills tend to cause the range to drop off. When the before mentioned variables are all moderate the range appears to be consistently 100 miles per charge. I find the percent battery indicator is more accurate at predicting range than the "guess o meter". I typically get 1% battery per mile of travel. I'm extremely happy with the purchase and find my 220V home charger can easily keep up with regular use of the car. My wife and I use this as a primary vehicle and it is used multiple times in a single day. Our ICE has been pretty much sitting since the purchase of our leaf.

amyst
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50

I know it is a super old thread... How is the situation now? How many miles per charge?

cregwillis
Car: 2018 Nissan Leaf

It is if now, i always check Nissan Leaf calculator

amyst
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50

Thanks for the tip! I found this Nissan Leaf calculator. If i understand it right i can go approximately 140 miles per charge. Never had chance to try it. We have Leaf in our family as an extra car so i use it only for the short runs.

Return to “Leaf Forum”