Might Sell the Maxima... Don't dis-own me

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
cullenj76
Car: 99 Q45t 04 SRT-4

Well, I will be buying a house soon. I am getting ready to start college in the fall. I have been looking for a new car for a couple of weeks now and I THINK I've decided on the 2004 Dodge SRT-4. I am in limbo about what to do. I owe my parents a little bit of money and they suggested officially signing the SE-R over to my little brother and then giving me some money to even it out. My grandfather, who is basically my father, has offered considerable help with the payment of a car IF I buy the SRT-4 . I am having a real struggle with what to do. It's either: a.) Fix my Maxima, keep it until I'm more financially stable to do what I want with it(turbo,etc.), and buy the SRT-4. or... b.) Fix the Maxima, sell it(tear running down cheek), use the money for a down payment and have a next-to-nothing monthly payment, and save for my dream project which is a VQ powered S14.

Sidenote: I have decided to settle down with drag-racing also. I'll still go for fun every once in a while, but no more competitions, laying down hundreds of dollars for this and for that, UNTIL I am more financially secure.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

You need to stsick with a Max your Max is nice!

Fred..:)

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

Sniff....sniff....a track whore no more? Sniff...sell the Max? Wait what's that strange light in the sky? The truth about Cullen is out there.....:abducttoo

cullenj76

Fred: I know. I REALLY do not want to sell the maxi. I'm trying to work something out so I can keep it.

Scott: that must be a picture of the anti-nissan coming to beam me up.

I'm sad.

Maybe they'll take my girlfriend in on a trade. LMMFAO

maxhopper

LMFAO...until I realized it was Wednesday, and that she wouldn't be home for another hour.

But selling the Max??? That's just crazy talk! NA NA NA NA NA NA I CAN"T HEAR YOU NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA ....

ceasars chariot
Car: Drag Racing

i have almost decided to sale my max too, but for some reason I just cant. what is the deal with a 4th gen maxima ? i can see you getting a srt-4 the new one but then you say , you will not race as much ..:eek: im thinking the srt-4 will be a car you would like ( its fast) but i wonder ? if your going to chill on the racing it seems like the srt-4 would be begging you to make some passes.

good luck man, with whatever you end up doing, the max certainly is a special car.

turbo6
Car: '05 350Z Turbo, '98 SC300 9.3@156, '99 SC400, '02 Police Interceptor

Cullen... I can understand maybe selling the maxima, BUT A NEON??

I like your G35 or 540 ideas much better... largely in part because they weren't neons! and have both power front and REAR windows :pface

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Damn...I know what you mean man...but I'd say keep the Maxima if at all possible. Yeah I know...that didn't help. And hlh0501 is right. Please, ANYTHING but a neon. Get an older Maxima or...a SE-R SpecV, or....anything that is not of the cute, round variety. I though people would yell at me for wanting to trade my Max for a Z--but for a Neon? That's just not right.

ceasars chariot
Car: Drag Racing

hlh0501 is right !

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

We all go through those times. I will only have my Maxi for another year or two myself. I believe I will be sticking with the Nissan lineup as I really like the G35c and really don't need a family car altho it does help sometimes.

The SRT-4 is not a bad vehicle, but once you are used to having a luxury-performance vehicle like the Max, it will be difficult to go down to a little pocker-rocket like that one.

cullenj76

audtatious wrote:We all go through those times. I will only have my Maxi for another year or two myself. I believe I will be sticking with the Nissan lineup as I really like the G35c and really don't need a family car altho it does help sometimes.

The SRT-4 is not a bad vehicle, but once you are used to having a luxury-performance vehicle like the Max, it will be difficult to go down to a little pocker-rocket like that one.
I'm fearful that I'll be driving the srt-4 and missing all the great attributes of the max:(

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

True. Plus you know we won't let you attend any of our events anymore :D

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

I'd drive the srt-4 over a maxima anyday. Sell the max and get the srt

cullenj76

audtatious wrote:True. Plus you know we won't let you attend any of our events anymore :D
Scott speaking to me---> "O.k. Cullen, we'll let you come... but, you have to wear the dunce cap and wax our cars while repeating the phrase 'My srt-4 trimbles in the presence of all Nissans' "

redstradic

Cullen, if i were in your shoes. i would sign the SER over to the brother and be even with your parents. I would then take the offer from your Grandpa to help you with your house. Finally i would fix the MAX up a bit and sell it to help with your down payment for a new car. I would work on the house first since thats such an huge investment and a better one at that. Your MAX already has a good amount of miles on it. Sell it after you fix it up since its in such good condition now. Then go for the G35 and ride in style. Then you would have everything that I want now. LOL

Ghettokracker71

Its a neon. Who gives a **** if its a neon,its a fast-*** cool neon. Therefore its definitely something I'd LOVE to drive.

cullenj76

this is the article that really got my attention:http://www.sportcompactcarweb....neon/

ssheltz
Car: Water skiing

Cullen, you won't be happy with a stripped down interior after a maxima.1) Go for the house. It's great investment.2) Sell the max while it's in good shape3) settle up with the car and your brother4) find a used car with 30K miles on it for a good price you can run for year or 2 and then get back into a car you really like. Doesn't have to be a K car or anything, but put your money into the house. you'll get it back in tax deductions and appreciation down the road.

maxhopper

cullenj76 wrote:Scott speaking to me---> "O.k. Cullen, we'll let you come... but, you have to wear the dunce cap and wax our cars while repeating the phrase 'My srt-4 trimbles in the presence of all Nissans' "

Well, that saves me the trouble of training you correctly...lol. I was actually thinking about this earlier. Is it possible to sell the Max, pay off the parental units, and keep the SE-R? I know that leaves your brother without a car, but the monetary difference (especailly according to your step-dad) of signing the Sentra over to your parents is not worth it from what you told me earlier.

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

Cullen... didnt we have a little talk about... neons and how they are really fast... that how we would never own one because of the luxury that you get from the maxima????

My suggestion is to sign over the SE-R... if u really own this car. I've never seen it :P and use the money that you get from that to fix up the maxima... new engine... turbo... or you may have to use the money for the house... The house is a wise investment. Probably one of the best physical investments that you can do. But buying a house takes a lot of money. You're going to have to have all kinds of cost tacked onto buying it. I found out the hard way and i have a loan out to just cover that crap and the fixing up, insurance on it, utilities, mower for the lawn, anti-lawsuit insurance for past and future owners, closing cost (killer) and ect, ect, ect, and even more ect. We had to rewire our house, but luckly my dad was an electrical engineer and i've had my fair share of this stuff, and argh... i can go into all kinds of stuff i've had to fool with lol, but i will be making money when i sell it in a couple of years.

Back to the car. Your max is a great car. You have put a lot of hear and soul into that car and a lot of elbow grease... If you feel that its time to pass her on then that's your decision. I would stay away from the srt-4... If you turbo your maxima you will be much better. But that's my opinion.

cullenj76

maxhopper

You're waffling more than a politician.

All nice rides BTW.

ssheltz
Car: Water skiing

BMW is a nice car. They don't depreciate fast enough to make buying a used one worth it. Have you considered looking into bank auctions?I know of a guy in the repo business who buys cars for the cash buyout and sells them...

audtatious

Another thing to consider would be the increase in auto insurance with an M3 vs. a G35 or your Maxima....

Ghettokracker71

audtatious wrote:Another thing to consider would be the increase in auto insurance with an M3 vs. a G35 or your Maxima....

Yeah thats just what I was thinking when I clicked on those links....I would think that an SRT-4 would up the insurance rates,too. Neons have very poor safety ratings.

My freinds that drive nissans,and myself included get 10% off b/c they are so safe. From different insurance companies even.(In case your wondering: '93 MAX SE,'97 MAX SE,'95 200sx SE, '96 200sx SE-R, '01 Frontier....etc.)

cullenj76

actually the srt-4 is the cheapest as far as insurance is concerned. Then the max and the G35 are both the same price ~40 dollars more a month, and the 2001 Q45 is about 100 dollars more a month than the srt-4 :eek: I have not talked to my agent about the 540i or the M3 yet. Probably won't after speaking with my brother about his '97 M3.

jdmfreak

IDK if thats the case then Id get the G sedan. Just stay away from the Neon! PLEASE!!!

Ghettokracker71

Why thought,JDM?

jdmfreak

Because with the Neon, he's increasing speed wise, but decreasing luxury wise. Plus he also said that he wasnt going to be going to the track as much as before. With the G35, he'll get even more luxury and a 14 seccond car. If he wants, he can do mods to the G.

Ghettokracker71

SRT-4 = cheaper to buy,better gas mileage wich is MUCH cheaper to drive,and cheaper insurance.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”