Might buy Rogue tomorrow night! any info to help me out before i purchase? tips?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rogue Man
Car: 06 Civic EX Coupe FG1

I test drove a SL AWD Indigo Blue loaded Rogue lastnight it had everything and drove awesome! i test drove one before also. The one i tested is the one i might get,the MSRP is 28k what should i do and how should i talk price? negotiate? any tips? i might trade my 06 Civic with 13k miles on it for the Rogue and i would like to get the Rogue for atleast 26k OTD + TTL if possible. Its brand new with 6 miles on it!

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

Impulse buying is never a good bargaining position, do your homework.

I would either

1. contact the web salesman for any nissan dealers in the area and see what quotes you can get.

2. Actually go to the competing dealerships and start one dealership competing against another dealership.

When I purchased my rogue in late November, neither of the two dealerships in my city would deal. I then asked for quotes for a major metropolitan city 60 miles away. Their quotes were at or about the posted invoice price. Remember that invoice is not the lowes they will go, as there is about a $500 holdback from Nissan on the fully loaded model.

I brought the emails and out right told the dealer that if they didn't knock $1500 of, I was walking. Remember, that was back in November when they were still fairly hard to find. I stopped at $1500 because I really didn't want to have to drive one vehicle to the dealer and two vehicles back if I took the deal.

Supply is getting better now, so I think there might be even more wiggle room now.

Good luck and hope you like your rogue. I like mine even if I have only had a chance to put 700 miles on mine in the three months I have owned mine (too much snow and ice this winter). I didn't trade in my 10 year old Explorer, they weren't going to give much anyway.

Rogue Man
Car: 06 Civic EX Coupe FG1

Thanks man! thats exactly what im going to do. I did contact several dealers.

alnvilma
Car: 2007 Versa

Here in Portland a local dealer was offering all Rogues in stock at $4000 off MSRP. That's huge. I almost pulled the trigger on one I really didn't want!Seems to be a lot of markup/rebate going on so watch for the deals.

all4sho
Car: LOTS of Nissan's

If you buy one buy the accessory chrome grill it looks ten times better to me

bicoastal49

Here south of San Francisco, I've gotten quotes ranging from dealer invoice to $400 over dealer invoice. These came through the Internet sales managers; Costco was invoice plus $300. These were all for an SL AWD w/ premium and leather (and, usually, moonroof).

There was a $500 Nissan rebate over the long holiday weekend, but, as far as I can tell, the rebate is no longer in effect for the Rogue or the 2009 Murano.

dmw98path
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

alnvilma wrote:Here in Portland a local dealer was offering all Rogues in stock at $4000 off MSRP. That's huge. I almost pulled the trigger on one I really didn't want!Seems to be a lot of markup/rebate going on so watch for the deals.
Which dealership (the one over in Gresham)? I live in Beaverton and will be looking to buy around summer time. We want to get AWD, Leather, mostly loaded except we don't care about moon roof or mud flaps. That would put the cost in the $24-25k range for what we expect to pay....

We did the test drive for the 50 point AMEX card. Finally arrived

-dan

Return to “Rogue Forum”