Midrange Acceleration Trouble

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
Cajun
Car: 02 altima 3.5L

Hi everyone new to the forums. Looking for help with a issue.

02 Altima 3.5L
120k miles
No check engine light or codes.

Had this problem before the tune up but didn't pay it much mind.

Changed alternator, new plugs, coils, rear valve cover, intake manifold gasket, intake collector gasket, changed microfilters orings pintle caps on injectors, and changed all the gaskets on the collector to throttle body. Preformed the throttle relearn procedure on 2 off 10. The on off pedal 5x hold till flash and steady start Rev 3 times.

Car idles at 750rpm runs great except between 3750 to 4750rpm it feels like a misfire or something. Like the throttle open close. A hiccup or something. After 4750rpm it will open up and run. Came here to see what the experts thought. I feel it has to do something with the electric throttle body. What do yall think? What should I do?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

What's the condition of the MAF (mass airflow sensor)? Nissan/Infiniti ones are notoriously sensitive.

I would start by looking at that...

Cajun
Car: 02 altima 3.5L

It has the spectra cold air intake and the filter was neglected by previous owner I blew filter off and cleaned maf with maf cleaner and a q-tip.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”