Mid-America Motorplex (MMP) news

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
dmuramoto
Car: 350Z street, 350Z GT3 and T3 racecars, Versa HB and Infiniti G37xS sedan

NICO fans may remember the 2.23-mile road circuit at MMP in SW Iowa, the site of the 2010 Nissan National Convention, sponsored by NICO. It's a challenging, but (relatively) safe road course and one that I particularly enjoyed. But the news in 2011 is not so good. Flooding from the Missouri river has resulted in a mandatory evacuation order. Parts of the track are under water and the rumor is that MMP itself may be in danger.

Apparently, the economics of running a motorsports complex have not been working out since the recession hit. And now, the owner may face a lot of clean-up and rebuilding costs once the flood ends this fall. No way to tell for sure--since the flood of 2011 has yet to recede--but rumor is the owner may elect to cease operations once the final assessment is done. If so, it'll be a BIG loss for motorsports in this part of the country.

dmuramoto

Glad to report that MAM looks to be operating in 2012. I went by the track this fall and they were already holding drag races there. The road circuit looks intact and the staff indicated they'd be back in business holding races in the new year.

dmuramoto

Glad to report that MAM looks to be operating in 2012. I went by the track this fall and they were already holding drag races there. The road circuit looks intact and the staff indicated they'd be back in business holding races in the new year.

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”